Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OTHockey96

Pro's shoulder pads

What is the difference between the wrap and the rounded shoulder caps? The shapes are obviously different but I'm curious as to what the benefits of 1 over the other are.

Since so many people are interested in these already, I will check today and see if they are available now. I will post them on my site as soon as I get them.

thanks, that's awesome!

Yeah, that is awesome, but what's your site?

The pads have been available here in europe since 2 years. They are called "SP pro stock".

In some shops they were more than 150€!!

I dont know if they come with the 2nd pair of shoulder caps but from the pics you posted, JR, they seem to be the same pads:

1443.jpg

here you can get them for 108 CHF (= 67€ = 86$):

www.crosscheck.ch

found these on the same site bauer classics

Guys, JR said it isn't going to happen. In the past people have been very shady when it comes to purchasing things through the site. Frankly there is no incentive for JR to pull strings and make this order when there is a good chance people will bitch out when it comes time to pay.

No chance for me to pursue this. I can't get you guys to buy $60 jerseys, think I can pull off $200 shoulder pads?

Just a suggestion..make them pay BEFORE you order..?

Like I said, I'll let that be someone else's headache. Plus I don't like to mix MSH with my business. Pretty pathetic when everyeone else does it and I own the damned site.

The pads have been available here in europe since 2 years. They are called "SP pro stock".

In some shops they were more than 150€!!

I dont know if they come with the 2nd pair of shoulder caps but from the pics you posted, JR, they seem to be the same pads:

1443.jpg

here you can get them for 108 CHF (= 67€ = 86$):

www.crosscheck.ch

found these on the same site bauer classics

I contacted that site, they don't ship overseas :( :(

Guys, JR said it isn't going to happen. In the past people have been very shady when it comes to purchasing things through the site. Frankly there is no incentive for JR to pull strings and make this order when there is a good chance people will bitch out when it comes time to pay.

If someone here said I can order you those pads and get them to you in a week or 2 I will call right away with my credit card even though I know they will be around 200 bucks. You can charge the card before ordering as long as I know it wont be summer for the pads. I know how special orders work.

Anyway I need a XL.

Got mine -

And the way I'm going to wear them!

pro5.jpg

lol i wear mine the same way, but unfortunately i wasn't able to get a fully customizable sweet ass pair like you. Just found an old pair and cut off the shoulder caps. still good protection, lighter, and i don't look like robocop at mens league

No chance for me to pursue this. I can't get you guys to buy $60 jerseys, think I can pull off $200 shoulder pads?

Like I said, I'll let that be someone else's headache. Plus I don't like to mix MSH with my business. Pretty pathetic when everyeone else does it and I own the damned site.

Understood. But, just out of curiosity...why would it be pathetic if your ordering for MSH?

These are good lightweight pads w/ modern shoulder protection.

Why aren't they more popular?

http://hockeymonkey.com/itechsp275-03.html

http://hockeyoutlet.com/HOprodinfo.php?cat...KU=ItechSP155Sr

Itech is just not sexy for protective gear, outside of maybe their popular Jock shorts and of course the visors. Although i rock Itech pants and they're very light and just enough protection for alcoholic beverage league play.

Understood. But, just out of curiosity...why would it be pathetic if your ordering for MSH?

He's saying it's sort of pathetic that everyone else sells things on the site except for him, especially since it's his site...

Out of respect just leave it alone. JR or anyone else for that matter shouldn't have to explain why they wouldn't want to do something like that. It's hard enough to get a team that you play with to fork out money for jerseys let alone a bunch of guys that you don't know over the internet and 10 times the money(for the shoulder pads).

The wrap-around caps are deeper, so your shoulder joint is protected on the front and back, with the downside being shoulder mobility--when your arm is anything but down, the caps tend to pop up. The round caps sacrifice front and back coverage, but they don't pop up when you swing your arms.

Let's talk about the clavicle inserts. Are they just those purple strips on top, or the larger ones underneath? And are they totally rigid?

Itech holds the market share on shoulder pads.

Really? I think I'm the only guy in the dressing room with Itechs. Everyone else seems to wear Eastons, Jofas, or the Sherwood Traditionals. Is this just an American stat?

Not yet, I wasn't able to call yesterday. Our entire city was shut down yesterday because of a blizzard. We received over 3 ft of snow!!!! We were able to get out internet orders out, but the store was closed.