Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Player

Tacki-Mac Command Grip

I've got the ribbed wrap one in white on all 4 of my sticks & I really like it - it seems to be more gentle on my palms, provides decent to good grip, & I had pretty thick tape to begin with so the thickness does not bother me (I used hairspray & just slid the grips on, not the provided double sided tape).

I used cheap Aquanet, it was the best hairspray I found to use (most expensive stuff doesn't seem to be as sticky).

I might have to pick up a Sand and give it a shot, using tennis gauze a few months and I noticed I already have a hole in a palm (gloves six months old...).

I just slid on the short sand grip (over my new Nitro Lite which I can't wait to try) with hairspray. It slid on with no problems and after a couple of hours, all seems good with no signs of slipping. It feels a little bit thicker than I am used to but can't make any comments on the performance since I have not used it on the ice yet.

I have been using the Tacki Mac Command Wrapped Texture Stick Grips for a week and liked them. I´ve always been particularly crazy about my grips and i´ve played with ribbed tape grips as long as i remember so to my surprise i like the version without the rib. Lucky for me because it is the only version that can be bought here :D

Hey Hede!...do u talk about rexhockey? they only sell 'ribbed wrapped'..!? I use the 'ribbed wrapped', cut down to about 4inches and like them a lot too. next i'll try are the small sands...

I use small sand grip. The problem is that the thickness gets thin at the bottom of the grip. The result is your index finger wears through the grip relatively quick. I would think that the long Sand cut down would last longer than the short grip.

I have not found the "new" adhesive tape to be any different than the original. Hair spray or spray adhesive works best.

By the way I just found a product at a local hardware store that could be kind of cool. It is a rubber spray coating. It is typically used for coating and color coordinating tool handles. I think the spray is a new product, the original formula required dipping the handle.

At any rate I thought it would be interesting to try and tape a traditional knob and then coat it with this spray. I am hoping I see the same palm protection I get from Tacki but have the ability to make what ever shape knob I want.

One other thing, it also seems to add a nice a level of grip to the shaft. Longevity is questionable but it could be reapplied as needed.

I will keep you posted on how it goes. cost was $9 US per can.

Hey Hede!...do u talk about rexhockey? they only sell 'ribbed wrapped'..!? I use the 'ribbed wrapped', cut down to about 4inches and like them a lot too. next i'll try are the small sands...

Yes but the ones rexhockey has are not ribbed just wrapped. Just look at http://www.tackimac.com/hockey/home.html and you can see the difference. The ribbed ones are on top of the old one.

I see. They send the old ones to me. But i liked them so its fine. What color do you have? Mine are white the only ones they had. Do you how any other site´s here in europe too get them?

I always take white...don't buy them here in Europe!! They cost about 4.50 $ and unless u take a LOT, shipping to Europe is even cheaper than local here! rexhockey wants me to pay 26eur to Germany for 2 grips, each 11.94eur!!! That's robbery!

I always take white...don't buy them here in Europe!! They cost about 4.50 $ and unless u take a LOT, shipping to Europe is even cheaper than local here! rexhockey wants me to pay 26eur to Germany for 2 grips, each 11.94eur!!! That's robbery!

Wow that is robbery. How are the rules for tax on shipping from the Us to Germany? I´ve got family in Germany and just wanted to see if its better than shipping to Denmark.

My tacki mac almost wore a hole in my xxx palms ( 1st gen under bauer name) in 2 weeks. I cut the knob off and made a new knob with some cloth tape and put clear tape around that. Any one else have this problem or is it that the xxx palms are so thin?

How does one go about removing a command grip if they used the double-sided tape method?

When I wanted to change mine I just cut/ripped it off. No idea how to slide it off after it has been stuck on with the tape you get with the grip.

When I wanted to change mine I just cut/ripped it off. No idea how to slide it off after it has been stuck on with the tape you get with the grip.

You do the instructions backwards, you run hot water back over the grip and it loosens up the adhesive. At least that's how I got it off the stick.

You do the instructions backwards, you run hot water back over the grip and it loosens up the adhesive. At least that's how I got it off the stick.

Makes sense, never thought of that.

+1 Just did it last week.

Comes off easy enough, but they seem to stretch out. One re-installation is about all I can get. If I try for a third, I can't get it to stick.

Comes off easy enough, but they seem to stretch out. One re-installation is about all I can get. If I try for a third, I can't get it to stick.

x2 on the one reinstallation.

I usually just don't use the adhesive backing that comes with it though. I spray the shaft with windex, slide the tacki-mac on and then just put tape to hold down the bottom of the grip. I haven't had a problem with it sliding off or anything of that nature.

Wow that is robbery. How are the rules for tax on shipping from the Us to Germany? I´ve got family in Germany and just wanted to see if its better than shipping to Denmark.

Been using these grips for years now Wouldn't be able to play without them.

I'm now living in he UK and have quite a few of the short sand grips. Please PM if you're interested.

wasn't sure which section to put this in. just trying to help fellow members out

to preserve the life of my gloves, i swear by tacki-mac grips. I have them on all sticks I use

i hope one day a box of tacki-mac grips fall off the back of a truck and i stumble upon it!

x2 on the one reinstallation.

I usually just don't use the adhesive backing that comes with it though. I spray the shaft with windex, slide the tacki-mac on and then just put tape to hold down the bottom of the grip. I haven't had a problem with it sliding off or anything of that nature.

Just use hairspray.

I've done more than 4x installations with that.

I have one that I was able to put on from a Flyweight to an Ballistik 52Cal, to a Dolo HD, to a Dolo Spyne, then off the Dolo Spyne, cut the stick 2" and back on the Dolo Spyne.

Hairspray instead of the adhesive sheet? Neato! Do you still have to tape the end or is that enough?

Extra Hold hair spray, slides on nicely and locks up quickly on the shaft.