Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ti-girl

Fleury in Calgary

Yeah so, I was at Professional Skate geting my skates sharpened and I'm wandering around, doing my thing and lo and behold who do I see?

Theo Fleury buying some Nike Flexlites.

He looked really good and really happy.

We started talking (seeing as I grew up about 20 minutes from Russell) and had a good conversation.

Just though it was interesting that he was in Calgary.

Yeh he left the UK in a bit of a mardy when Belfast were knocked out in the Semi's

Just wondering did he have yellow laces in his flexlites?

EDIT: He also said he would never come back due to the reffing, so expect to se him somwhere in the US or CA

its funny that i saw a topic lik this....just last week theo fleury was at are roller hockey game, it was crazy i live in wpg i guess hes got a house here n came out just to check it out or mabey a son? But ne ways yea roller hockey isnt big here mabey lik 10 parents in the crowd but wen walked to our dressing room i saw him and after our game he was givin autographs out, he had a nice beemer too

He was joking around, wearing a huge oversized RBK helmet. He peered around the corner and goes "Yep, I think I could hit someone wearing this."

What a hoot.

Yeh he left the UK in a bit of a mardy when Belfast were knocked out in the Semi's

EDIT: He also said he would never come back due to the reffing, so expect to se him somwhere in the US or CA

So he's not playing in belfast anymore?

any chance of him going back to the NHL?

So he's not playing in belfast anymore?

any chance of him going back to the NHL?

Most likely not. IIRC, he still has to serve a suspension or do some program with the NHL...

Yeh i think he would have to prove he was clean and maybe to the rehab he was supposed to do last time, not to mention an EXTREMILY good performance at the training camp

Theo Fleury is awesome. Sucks that he's not coming back to the UK, such a nice guy. He kept talking to me whenever he was in Edinburgh saying "Why don't you support BELFAST? Y'know, BELFAST is where it's at!" and all that stuff, just joking around.

Sure will miss him.

i was at 7-11 and steve yzerman was there with his daughter, all 3 of us had banana slurpees, what a hoot that was

The one on Allen? I heard about that...

i've seen various canadiens at strip clubs here, names to be left out. also the man himself paul dipietro goes to my gym

Are you a Stripper? :P

Funny thing about all this Theo love fest.

When he was in the CHI I had connections to the team. I would get locker room passes home and road for whatever games and stuff like that.

Anyway I went to a game in Nashville just before the Columbus incident. I was down in tunnel after the game and asked Theo to sign my Hawks sweater. He rudely refused to sign it. "not a chance" was his response to my request.

I can't say I was surprised or upset when I heard about his "little" slip up at the Pure Platinum in Columbus.

It's a shame it cost Phil Housley the rest of his career (1 year) and put Tyler Arnason on the path to laziness and coasting.

He clearly loves the game.

He likely knows nothing else.

With Fleury, if hockey doesn't keep him busy, his alternative choices are pretty negative usually. Product of his young years and demons. 1,000 NHL points is damn impressive when you look at what he went through

No question about it.

In my experience he was days away from getting put back in treatment and he knew it. he had worn out his NHL welcome and his demons had to be weighing on him.

I have since found out that he had never been in control all season. Hopefully he can get his life on track and continue doing whatever it is he enjoys. But I am afraid that without the set schedules of professional hockey life and nobody looking out for him we may be reading about him in the obits instead of the sports pages.

Fleury is actually playing in a Non-Contact hockey league in Calgary right now.

State of the Nation...

Posted by: Administrator

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Yes, that is the Theo Fleury… Whenever anybody asks it's usually followed with some brazen bravado and then followed up with some more excitement, meekness, and anticipation. Often the follow up question is 'why here?' to which we reply 'why not?'. We imagine he wants to play some pick up hockey over the summer with friends and family and we're fortunate enough to see/play with a future hall of famer. As an aside, the league is presently looking at booking new ice and to field (rink?) a more competitive team in addition to the Nordiques present schedule.

1193 - 7… No, not the latest Nordiques score, but roughly the amount of positive (silence included in the positive category) feedback to the start of the new season. Is it perfect? No. Are we all working on making it better? Yes. For those who are concerned that things might get missed or aren't working out fairly or feel they've some how been wronged, please understand this, we're not here to dole out reciprocal punishments, that is NOT what the referees, administration, rules, etc. are there for. They are all in place to ADD to the fluidity and enjoyment of all. Those that get caught retaliating, don't retaliate (take responsibility for YOUR actions and quit blaming others). Those that instigate, grow up (you have no idea how much grief and bulls**t you cause others (on and off the ice). Please don't whine and complain if every situation doesn't go your way. If everyone is committed to making themselves and those around them better then the enjoyment factor should take care of itself. For those calling people out to fight etc, please find the nearest exit. That's complete horses**t, not appreciated and will not be tolerated. We, as league administrators are NOT here to baby-sit, and while 1193 players may be enjoying themselves, managing 7 petty altercations and immature behavior is quite frankly a serious drag.

Some people may say that that's a remarkably low number for grief incidents. I say bull twinkle, mistakes happen, accidents happen, grown ups apologize, take responsibility, shake hands and carry on. Every individual is part of the solution or part of the problem. Don't look at the guy/girl across from you. The bad apples will inevitably weed themselves out. Will we as individuals weed out the bad apple in each of us?

Thus said, there has been a lot of constructive criticism and equally positive and useful feedback. We strongly encourage and appreciate your feedback as we are all building this league together.

feedback@nchl-calgary.com

News taken from: http://www.nchl-calgary.com/sites/9978/pag...=9978&page=news

So for all those in Calgary, here's a chance to see him play. :)

Do you really think he will be a hall of famer esspecially with all his drug problems he had?

no

Do you really think he will be a hall of famer esspecially with all his drug problems he had?

i agree you with you totally

but... poosibly they will say he has been throuigh alot etc etc but in my book that doesnt excuse it.