Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quintin

Who's seen the Stanley Cup?

I've held it over my head.

This is one of the things I disagree with. Unless you've won it you shouldn't raise it above your heaD, IMHO. Players wait their entire lives to lift the cup and winning it is not easy. Why should just anyone be allowed to raise it over their heads?

Relax man.

Holding it over your head to see what its like is no crime. Ya, players play their whole lives to win the cup, and they earn the right to have their name on it. And they hold it over their heads in front of thousands of screaming fans.

Let your average joe hold it high if he gets a chance, and even kiss it. god knows he'll never get the chance the players do, and he'll never have his name on it. But maybe he'll get a little personal 'glory' being honoured to know what other great players have held that cup high and kissed it. If they're true hockey fans they'll appreciate being able to do it that much more. and if they dont, and they have no idea about the history, then it doesnt really matter anyway.

Just because I'll never be the pope doesn't mean that I can go to the vatican and try on the hat. You have to earn the right, IMHO.

But I thought the Cup was essentially always on tour...

The Cup certainly is on tour a great deal but every once in a while you can luck out and see it in the Great Hall at the HHOF. The way to tell the difference between the real deal and the replica is by checking the rings. On the replica all of the "mistakes" that are on the real Cup have all been corrected.

seen and touched the cup a few times; a couple at the HHOF, once at the CHL top prospects game in vancouver and also tried on one of Gordie Howe's rings.

I dont think your a hockey fan if youve never seen it.

twice at the HHOF

When the heritage classic was here they brought all the trophies and whatnot seen it there.

I think 3 times I've seen it at HHOF..then it came to my home rink last season(ghetto rink, i have no clue why it was there)

Seen one of Bowman's rings.

Scotty Bowman held my kid when she was little - does that count?

A really nice, nice man.

I live in Toronto...so don't know how often I've seen it.

I saw the replica at the Hall Of Fame, yea theres 3 cups, my friends Dad told me all about it over some beers, he used to drive the Zamboni for the Hartford Whalers, and he said theres 3 cups, the Real cup which he said is Dented from being dropped, the HHOF cup, and the cup that travels and the players get to touch.

I saw the replica at the Hall Of Fame, yea theres 3 cups, my friends Dad told me all about it over some beers, he used to drive the Zamboni for the Hartford Whalers, and he said theres 3 cups, the Real cup which he said is Dented from being dropped, the HHOF cup, and the cup that travels and the players get to touch.

So what does the actual cup do, if it isn't in the HHOF and it doesn't travel or get celebrated with then what does it do and where is it?

I've never seen the Stanley Cup but I saw the Memorial cup just yesterday in fact. The Rempart's goallie Cedrick Desjardins was born here and he came for a small visit here with the cup and his totally hot sister.

All star game in L.A. 2001 - Got my pic taken with it. Also got photos of the other trophies as well...

Damn that was cool.

-Elwood

Wasn't it sergi brylin who dropped it and ddented it on the ice? Where is the dent to tell if it's the real thing?

All dents (and cracks) get repaired.

My daughter and I both saw it in person at Children's Hospital in Seattle. My daughter is totally deaf in one ear, and she was at the hospital to have more hearing tests when she was about five years old. While we were in the waiting room they said that the Stanley Cup was going to be downstairs and that people would be allowed to view and touch it. Talk about coincidence. She got a great thrill out of that. Now she is twelve and plays hockey on a boys Bantam team. She has hockey in her blood, and still remembers the time that her Dad took her to see the Stanley Cup, as if I had planned it from the beginning.

I have seen the Stanley Cup lots of times

-in Edmonton a long time ago

-in Edmonton in about 1999 on a Molson tour at West Edmonton Mall

-at HHOF in 2000

-real cup and rings at HHOF in 2000

Here is the real cup.

spaceball.gif

It was just in my town yeaterday w/ Peter Laviolette. The 4th of July parade was canceled because of a bad storm, but everyone flocked to see the cup. It was cool b/c it ended up being like a huge reunion of players from our team (which laviolette played for) and it seemed like a family event. It was pretty cool :) .