Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

I wonder how long it will be before *insert big skate brand name here* make a copy of this chassis, name it something else with some tiny difference to get around copyright/patent.

I think the sprungs look fantastic and looking to order a pair after xmas - hopefully they ship to uk....!

The Webster Posted Today, 08:22 AM

I have not really seen anyone comment on the Torspo package sprung off.

The boot looks like the Bauer but does it fit like one? can anyone comment on this?

I have a pair of the Torspo's with Sprungs and no they don't fit like Bauers. The fit is like KOR Shift 1's. With that said they're highly responsive to heat and after heat molding them properly (search for the KOR heat molding instructions and follow those) they can fit many types of feet. They fit about 1 size up from newer Bauer, RBK or CCM skates. For example if you take a 7 CCM Vector, RBK 9K or Bauer One95/XXXX you'd likely take an 8 Torspo/KOR.

I can't seem to find the KOR heat molding instructions, could you perhaps tell me which page or range of pages its under? Is it something you can do at home? or just instructions on how long and high to bake them at a LSH? Thanks

edit: nevermind... i found some instructions in the last few pages

CaffeineT.jpg

So I finally got back to my homework and moved the new Caffeine test chassis forward. It shows a full .125" movement front to rear, which will probably be brought down some in wheels 2-4, like the Voodootechs. These are at the lowest configuration, and the final front and rear mount height would be determined by the first and second wheel clearance in the boot bottom when the works are bottomed out. These would probably even bottom out on Tours. This is the first step towards licensing for us. It would need to be designed for aluminum, too, for the primary boot tiers. Our original aluminum prototypes (also for licensing) were very, very popular.

Looking at January 1st for ready-to-go A7s. All pacing appreciated. :rolleyes:

hey Keith, please make sure you we can order the A7 frames only on the website :) I'd like to get my hands on some to get my grafs back on the court. Thanks.

Hey Sprungster, will Joe be carrying these down at Skate San Diego as well?

The frame design (or some other) would be licensed to a hockey company, who would make them for their boots and sell their after market versions through their own reg channels. With that said, if somebody makes them, he'll sell them as a retailer, in the pro shop.

To know what we're talking about.

CaffeineT.jpg

Not that you need any endorsements, but I am offering mine up.

Having mainly only skated ice and just starting on roller I can say these are fantastic.

I had insane issues with the feeling comfortable on roller. Today I was at the local rink and the proshop guy let me try out a pair of skates thats been sitting for a while from a conversion. HOLY SHI_! I would not have ever believed I could skate that fast or turn that sharp on roller. It made me want them instantly.

And here's the first look at our (or any) 80/84 concept frame. It will need a little notch on some boots for the second wheel, but clear everywhere else. It's about an eighth inch lower than the Voodootechs. This is also for licensing, with an OK and best wishes from Bauer's intellectual property division RE the two wheel heights. I've talked to some wheel companies and they have the 84mm molds already.

Happy Holidays MSH members! :) :) :)

Caffeine-Duo.jpg

I've skated on my Sprungs 4 times or so in the last few weeks and again, I must reiterate that they are the best chassis money can buy. Crossovers are amazing - you have so much more control than other chassis, it's sick.

I recently bought mine off another member here, the wheels have been somewhat used. But while I cleaning the wheels and chassis I happen to notice that when I place the skate flat on the floor, the first and last wheels of each skate were not touching the floor making it look rockered. Is this suppose to be normal given all the wheels are the same size? Or is it just that the front and rear wheels have been worn and I need to rotate them? If so, which way should I rotate the wheels? 1 with 2 and 3 with 4, or 1 with 3 and 2 with 4?

Thanks!

I recently bought mine off another member here, the wheels have been somewhat used. But while I cleaning the wheels and chassis I happen to notice that when I place the skate flat on the floor, the first and last wheels of each skate were not touching the floor making it look rockered. Is this suppose to be normal given all the wheels are the same size? Or is it just that the front and rear wheels have been worn and I need to rotate them? If so, which way should I rotate the wheels? 1 with 2 and 3 with 4, or 1 with 3 and 2 with 4?

Thanks!

This is common. Although everything is technically lined up, the new parts "adjust" a little when they are cooling. When all the wheels are the same size, it takes about three pounds of pressure to get them all on the ground. When you are in them you are past those points in the suspension and everything is pushing down at the same pressure. Not like on a rigid chassis at all.

After picking these up and skating on them I can say I have a man crush on you.

Just wanted to throw you a bone on something I heard. Per the workers at rollin ice, Dave Malley, the owner and former San Jose Shark skates on sprungs and swears by them.

After having a ton of issues with regular inlines comming from ice I cant believe how great these skate. STOPPING IS A BITCH THOUGH! I dont care what you guys say I have taken myself out a few times already trying to stop fast on these things.

P1040311.jpg

Anyone have any videos of stopping fast on these?

OO yeah and Sprungster get to work on the youth size holder. I got a three year old Ice and inline skater who will be skating/playing on sprungs when you make a chasis.

You just need to get used to it....it will come. You may need some harder wheels depending on the surface but it likely is just because you're used to stopping on ice.

The answer is get rid of those piece of trash Fuzions

he cant because theres like no other micro hub wheel out there :blink:

EDIT: crap... i just noticed those are standard

I'm planning on putting a set of Hum'ers on some Reebok ice boots. I'd like to try Sprungs as well. Will that be too many holes in the bottom of the boot? How closely do the Sprungs match up mounting-wise with the E-pro or Hum'er frame? I'd like to wait until I can just get the Sprungs, but I really need skates.

I'm planning on putting a set of Hum'ers on some Reebok ice boots. I'd like to try Sprungs as well. Will that be too many holes in the bottom of the boot? How closely do the Sprungs match up mounting-wise with the E-pro or Hum'er frame? I'd like to wait until I can just get the Sprungs, but I really need skates.

You can always fill the holes in with some epoxy, even if you don't the outsole will probably hold without any problems. Is the outsole composite or plastic?

If you have a composite outsole, and then have a few sets of holes it shouldnt be a problem.

I've had boots with 3 sets of holes and still no issues. Like Bender said, you can fill them up with epoxy if it bothers you, normally i just drill and install. Others want to chime in? JR, Rick?

Edit:

Just had these done in the last few days. Takes me longer due to the lack of proper tools, visiting relatives and nagging wife (resolution: Pray for more patience). These are my backup skates, so i havent put any bearings... just wanted to see what they looked like with the all yellow scheme.

Had some extra washers installed at the back to create a little heel lift. Chassis installed with Tnuts and screws. You'll notice that I didnt fill in the existing holes either... couldnt be bothered as epoxy is pretty expensive around here.

Warning... large pics.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/f...it/DSCN4858.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/f...it/DSCN4859.jpg

Just wondering what is the difference between the A7 and the A8? I know the A8 fits all 80mm wheels but juding by the A7 specs so does the A7.

Could someone help me out? Im wanting to mount them on some XXV's 9EE

Just wondering what is the difference between the A7 and the A8? I know the A8 fits all 80mm wheels but juding by the A7 specs so does the A7.

Could someone help me out? Im wanting to mount them on some XXV's 9EE

The A7 has all 80mm wheels, but is designed to fit smaller boots (ie sizes 8 to 10). You would need an A7.

Yup, go with the A7. Keith would say that your boots would be perfect for them.

I've already ordered the A7, wondering when Keith is going to update that all has been sent out.

Yup, go with the A7. Keith would say that your boots would be perfect for them.

I've already ordered the A7, wondering when Keith is going to update that all has been sent out.

We're dialing in the travel lengths of the rocker arms. The wheels line up perfectly and they look great, pics later tonight.