Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

With the all 80mm caffeine chassis, will dremmeling be necessary for front wheel clearance or will they essentially raise the foot from the hockey surface compared to say a hummer chassis? Since there is a pivot, I imagine that the caffeine or any 80mm Sprung chassis would have your foot slightly higher off the floor, no?

They look great. Everyday, I think about finding a boot to have some mounted on to try out...

I can't wait for my Sprungs to me mounted. I am putting them (A6's) on my old Mission Flyweight Ice Skates. I dropped them off December 3rd to get mounted at Skate San Diego, just waiting for Joe to call me back and telling me their complete. Seems like its been awhile though.

Keith, what is the difference in contact patch between the A8 and A7? I have a set of A8's on my graf 707's (size 10) and I feel like the contact patch feels too big. I can make nice turns at speed, but in low speed situations, like when playing defense in front of the net, they feel cumbersome. I'm wondering if I should have gone with A6 or A7's? I think I might have spoiled myself by running 76 80 80 80 on my hummr's and getting used to that.

raysskates.jpg

Keith, what is the difference in contact patch between the A8 and A7? I have a set of A8's on my graf 707's (size 10) and I feel like the contact patch feels too big. I can make nice turns at speed, but in low speed situations, like when playing defense in front of the net, they feel cumbersome. I'm wondering if I should have gone with A6 or A7's? I think I might have spoiled myself by running 76 80 80 80 on my hummr's and getting used to that.

raysskates.jpg

Over soft wheels, or wheels that bend over to increase the contact area, bog the performance in tight. The A6 is short for 10's, especially if you bury the toe suspension a lot. You want the A7, which will keep the all 80 contact, but with a wheelbase between the two, so your agility will improve. Also, using your toes and heels more, helps, and, for me the A8 leverage adds stability when I'm only on two wheels. But, I'm dying to have the A7s in my hand and on my boots, for much the same reason. The A7 is the right size for 10's.

Keith when are those A7's going to be available? Can I just get the part that attaches to the boot and use all my other A8 parts with it?

Keith when are those A7's going to be available? Can I just get the part that attaches to the boot and use all my other A8 parts with it?

I'm waiting to hear something today RE WHEN. You can get the A7 frames only, and use all your other A8 parts.

Thanks Keith. Any problem with mounting holes going from A8 to A7 on the same boot? Are the holes the same?

Thanks Keith. Any problem with mounting holes going from A8 to A7 on the same boot? Are the holes the same?

The holes are different, because the frame is shorter, but it has the same hole pattern as the A8. Don't know for sure yet, but you might be able to use the rear holes.

when are the a7's going to be released? i just picked up a pair of easton 1400cs and i am thinking about putting sprungs on but i dont know if it would be better to go wit a8's or a7's. anyone have a idea on what i should go with?

when are the a7's going to be released? i just picked up a pair of easton 1400cs and i am thinking about putting sprungs on but i dont know if it would be better to go wit a8's or a7's. anyone have a idea on what i should go with?

It really depends on the size of your skates. I believe the A7's are ideal for boot sizes from 8 to 10, while anything larger would be for A8.

I rushed and got A8's for my size 10 grafs and I feel like the front wheel is too far forward making the skate feel not so manueverable at half speed. At full speed they feel pretty good. I am definitely going with the A7 frame when it's out and reusing the rest of my A8 stuff with it.

I rushed and got A8's for my size 10 grafs and I feel like the front wheel is too far forward making the skate feel not so manueverable at half speed. At full speed they feel pretty good. I am definitely going with the A7 frame when it's out and reusing the rest of my A8 stuff with it.

+1

A8s on my 10 Grafs: I have a fair idea of what speed skates feel like. :P

Just got my skates back. I haven't had a chance to get to use them yet but i can't wait. I converted my old Mission Flyweight Ice Hockey Skates into these Sprung A6's

SafeRedirect.jpg

The sprungs look a little too much to the rear on those? Dunno, just my opinion.

i know i thought the same thing. The closest rink to my house only has pick up on Sunday Nights and my college team is off for winter break so the only thing i can do is skate around my house a little bit. It doesn't seem too bad though. Of course you can only tell once you get into a game.

Keith! Im ready for the Mags...

Me too....

Keith, I forgot if I asked you earlier - do the A7's have the same hole pattern as the A8's?

Fletch,

I think Sprungster said on the last page that the holes were different from the A7 to the A8 due to the shorter mounting plate. Although he did mention that you might be able to reuse the rear holes.

The holes are different, because the frame is shorter, but it has the same hole pattern as the A8. Don't know for sure yet, but you might be able to use the rear holes.

I just got my Sprungs today. I haven't been able to try them out yet cause its winter over here, but I've read that people here believe the spring is too soft? I tried to put some weight on the skate to see how the suspension system works but nothing happens. Is that normal or am I just really weak lol

When i first put on my sprungs i felt like they didn't move at all when i was standing still either. I do feel like over time they broke in a little and are a tad bit softer, but also you'll fell the effect more when actually skating.

The Webster Posted Today, 08:22 AM

I have not really seen anyone comment on the Torspo package sprung off.

The boot looks like the Bauer but does it fit like one? can anyone comment on this?

I have a pair of the Torspo's with Sprungs and no they don't fit like Bauers. The fit is like KOR Shift 1's. With that said they're highly responsive to heat and after heat molding them properly (search for the KOR heat molding instructions and follow those) they can fit many types of feet. They fit about 1 size up from newer Bauer, RBK or CCM skates. For example if you take a 7 CCM Vector, RBK 9K or Bauer One95/XXXX you'd likely take an 8 Torspo/KOR.