Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

I saw those boots at my local play it again sports. They looked pretty beaten up, too bad. :wacko:

On another note, I purchased a pair of Sprung on Torspo 200 boot off e-bay. I was wondering is it possible to re-bake the boot and try to let it conform to my feet?

Quick question for you guys:

I have a pair of S15's and a pair of Mission NME Nine-1's. Both fit and feel great. Which pair would you guys like to see mounted on Sprungs?

My vote goes to the NME Nine-1's.

Played again (finally) last night on my Sprung95's and have to say again, best chassis I have ever skated on. Amazing feel......wow.

Sorry for the noob question but I didnt want to read through 164 pages to find the answer.

How does this chasis compare to the tuuk rocker. I am looking for a chasis that mimics ICE. Does the sprung do this also or not? It seems similar in the rocking design so I thought it might.

Also I would vote for the s15 conversion. Mainly because the NME which I have a pair of also is a very limited product. It may havecollectable value to some at a later date, but not if converted to roller. Just my 2cts.

Quick question for you guys:

I have a pair of S15's and a pair of Mission NME Nine-1's. Both fit and feel great. Which pair would you guys like to see mounted on Sprungs?

+1 for the NME's as well.

Played again (finally) last night on my Sprung95's and have to say again, best chassis I have ever skated on. Amazing feel......wow.

Your skates are amazing, but more importantly...how did it feel to be back on skates???

Sorry for the noob question but I didnt want to read through 164 pages to find the answer.

How does this chasis compare to the tuuk rocker. I am looking for a chasis that mimics ICE. Does the sprung do this also or not? It seems similar in the rocking design so I thought it might.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...ng++Tuuk+Rocker

Also reading through the thread will help

Good to have you back Fletch...

Nickyb13, although its a lot of pages, there is a LOT of information in the thread. i still go back and re-read some of the posts, especially those that sprungster has posted on how to tweak the skates to suit you better.

Although I've never really tried the Tuuk rocker personally, I've found sprungs to be much better than any rigid chassis...faster turns, stops & starts...

Any one had problems with the rivets popping out with the sprungs? Ive had this happen to me twice. I went back to my hummers but im not ready to give up on my sprungs yet. any suggestions would be very helpful

Any one had problems with the rivets popping out with the sprungs? Ive had this happen to me twice. I went back to my hummers but im not ready to give up on my sprungs yet. any suggestions would be very helpful

Find someone else to mount them.

Your skates are amazing, but more importantly...how did it feel to be back on skates???

It felt good, but I tweaked my left ankle a bit in the corner but kept playing. It was sore the next day but it's fine today - just normal soreness from the surgery, thank god. My shoulder felt great though - no pain whatsoever....I was really happy about that :)

One thing that I am going to change on Friday/Sunday when I play again - the One95's are more high-cut than my KOR's so I usually go one eyelet down but while I am getting back into things I am going to have to lace them up all the way for that extra support. My ankles are just too weak to support the stops and starts right now....

Yea I had them mounted by two different places I think next time I try them ill use tnuts and hopefully that will work better. I guess Im just putting too much pressure on the outside of them.

Exactly....I would ask Keith if he can mount them. He mounted mine and they're solid...

Exactly....I would ask Keith if he can mount them. He mounted mine and they're solid...

Are yours t'nutted or riveted?

is there any way to get replacement bolts for the sprungs? mine are stripping out and i want to get something toreplace them before i cannot remove them at all. thanks

Are yours t'nutted or riveted?

Rivets.

If the hole in the sole is too big, short rivets will tear loose. Big holes make all rivet setting harder. T-nuts in worry spots are good with reg rivets. Using the drill bit for 6-32 or 8-32 t-nuts, you can drill straight through the frame and sole at the bad hole spot, and put the t-nut in the new bigger hole. If you are worried, you can use a washer between the screw head and the frame. Don't be surprised by the big sharp prongs sticking out from the t-nuts. You just break them off at the base with wire cutters and they leave sharp little points that grab the insole so they don't spin.

For those waiting for the A7, paid and unpaid, it is through T1 (first mold test) and is being polished and embellished with logos and patent numbers. I will know more by Monday RE the date that counts.

For those waiting for something they didn't know about yet, here it is. This a concept sketch of our mag alloy all 80 chassis, which has the working title, "кофеин", (caffeine in Russian). The frame would have a rounded side, with the widest point at the pivot pins and the narrowest at the heel mount. The design came out in one piece, with the lines and everything. This is the medium, and the wheelbase is 9 15/16". The all 76 version has a 9 3/32" wheel base. I'm working on the 80/84, next. The action will be stiffer and snappier than the current material and geometry. кофеин for your feet.

The A series is not going away, but we are starting to think about licensing, and extruded and machined mag alloy and aluminum are the way of the world, so that's what we're designing. The material is almost irrelevant, as long as it is rigid, durable, and lightweight, but mag alloy rules.

Caffeine81.jpg