Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

Played on the skates again this morning..speed seems to have increased. Probably due to the bearings and me getting more used to the frame. But still felt alittle more tired after every lap that I "tried" to skate hard. I think it's more a matter of getting used to skating with them compared to a fixed chassis.

Played on the skates again this morning..speed seems to have increased. Probably due to the bearings and me getting more used to the frame. But still felt alittle more tired after every lap that I "tried" to skate hard. I think it's more a matter of getting used to skating with them compared to a fixed chassis.

Each time you skate on the sprungs you realize the differance between the fixed chassis.sometimes you just have to go play your game and let the rest just take its place.In time Ive realized these are a better performance frame than any frame ive used in the past.Ive also played around alot with differant wheel combos,harder in the back ,softer in the front.good luck with your sprungs.

Hi I have a couple of questions.

First off.

I'm currently wearing a NBH XXV skate size 9.5EE with the A7 chassis. I went to Canada in March and picked up some new Ice skates (X:60) after being measured up properly etc I found out that I should be in 7.5. Now that I've been skating in the smaller Ice skate for 5/6 months I've decided to go to a 7.5 Inline boot (will get X:60). So my question is can I use my old A7 chassis on my X:60 boot? or do I really need the A6? I really don't like using wheels under 80mm as getting 76mm wheels here in the UK is hard. Will I be able to use my A7 rockers with an A6 body?

Also can you bake skates with sprungs mounted?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Hi I have a couple of questions.

First off.

I'm currently wearing a NBH XXV skate size 9.5EE with the A7 chassis. I went to Canada in March and picked up some new Ice skates (X:60) after being measured up properly etc I found out that I should be in 7.5. Now that I've been skating in the smaller Ice skate for 5/6 months I've decided to go to a 7.5 Inline boot (will get X:60). So my question is can I use my old A7 chassis on my X:60 boot? or do I really need the A6? I really don't like using wheels under 80mm as getting 76mm wheels here in the UK is hard. Will I be able to use my A7 rockers with an A6 body?

Also can you bake skates with sprungs mounted?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Wow, big boot change. The A7 mount plates will probably be too long for 7.5s, whereas the A6 is perfect for that boot size. I know that a lot of players use 76s in their A7s and A8s and, with the boot fit, the wheel difference may be positive. No solutions for the availability thing. I don't know what shape your XXVs are in, but you could probably get a good supply of wheels with the proceeds from selling the skates or the frames with their 80mm wheels.

Yeah it has taken some time for me to adjust. So my only option is to buy the complete A6 setup. Would I need to buy the whole set up or will my A7 rockers work in conjunction with the A6 body?

Yeah it has taken some time for me to adjust. So my only option is to buy the complete A6 setup. Would I need to buy the whole set up or will my A7 rockers work in conjunction with the A6 body?

The A7/8 arms won't work in A6s. What condition are your old skates in?

There in good condition the chassis is perfect as I got new rockers all round from you a few months ago. I think I'm gonna go ahead and get a new setup with the A6's.

Here is the best video I've ever seen on T-Nut mounting. It's so good that I could feel every moment of it. My only addition to this thorough, methodical documentation is to use a long thin phillips head screwdriver and a hammer to drive out as many of the rivets from the inside as you can possibly reach, then deal with the hard to get ones in the toe, as in the video. All of this applies to switching inline frames, too. Thanks, Ken

Here is the best video I've ever seen on T-Nut mounting. It's so good that I could feel every moment of it. My only addition to this thorough, methodical documentation is to use a long thin phillips head screwdriver and a hammer to drive out as many of the rivets from the inside as you can possibly reach, then deal with the hard to get ones in the toe, as in the video. All of this applies to switching inline frames, too. Thanks, Ken

Good stuff Keith...

Sghockey21....watch this!

Good stuff Keith...

Sghockey21....watch this!

That's me :). Everyone, please feel free to comment on the youtube video page. I'm by no means an expert at removing rivets ;) I'm sure others (me included) would love to know more tips and techniques to convert their own skates.

That's me :). Everyone, please feel free to comment on the youtube video page. I'm by no means an expert at removing rivets ;) I'm sure others (me included) would love to know more tips and techniques to convert their own skates.

Good job, that was a great idea making that video.Ive always used a small drill bit to drill out the rivets from the inside,seems to work faster and then used a pair of wire cutters or tile cutters to remove the rivets from the holder.way to go. im sure that will be very helpful to the people who want to do it themselves or just save time and money.

if anyone has any plain white A7's theyd like to trade for dyed black a7's let me know. I want to try a new color combo, but obviously you cant dye black to any other color. they are in great condition btw.

I just tried the Sprungs on some hardwood. Wow, I'm sold... they feel awesome! backward crossovers feel a bit weird.... but I'm probably not use to the flex of the suspension.

Keith, When will the A6's be back instock? Also you have a PM :)

www.sprung-inline.com

As The Webster now knows. Thanks for the order. They can't go out until Tuesday because of the holidays. Then there's Customs. Then they're yours.

Just got my X:60 Sprung combo together and tested. The skates need baking but they feel great.

sickrollers2.jpg

I will be getting some Revisions to go on them tomorrow.

I'm still very happy with my boots like those. They look just right, but you might try putting your RRs on the front and rears with the green ones in the centers.

If anyone is interested in the Raptor A8s (frames only) below, which were only mounted for some photos, drop me an email. sprungster9@gmail.com

TorspoRaptor10.5P.jpg

Keith,

I'm mounting Sprungs on a set of Vapor XVI's. The sole is cut away under the ball of the foot, and the holes I have to drill on the inner side are pretty close (1/4" or a little less) to the edge of the cut away. Would it be wise to epoxy the cut away area?

Keith,

I'm mounting Sprungs on a set of Vapor XVI's. The sole is cut away under the ball of the foot, and the holes I have to drill on the inner side are pretty close (1/4" or a little less) to the edge of the cut away. Would it be wise to epoxy the cut away area?

I've mounted many pairs of Vapors, including three of my own, and I'm on some now. Just follow the directions and put the holes where they should be. The mount platform will support the low area under the one or two marginal holes and all will mount flat and firm without filling anything. If it's correct, follow the ice blade alignment for your end to end line.

Anyone interested in this pair of 9D Mission helium 9500's professionally fit with A7s and hyper saturn dual pour 80mms??? Boots have a few years in them but are still pretty stiff and show no breakdown. Frames were fitted June 10, 2010 and have around 12 games in them. Just won some reebok 10K's from the local rink raffle, so i'm gonna go with those. PM me for more pics/details. (you can see my posts on page 223 and thats around when i bought them if you want to verify their age.)

photo2.jpg

Hey Sprungster, what do you think about getting these on a pair of sprungs? :P

IMG_1771.jpg

Finally got a pair of sprung chassis, had to settle for the A6's. Which leaves me to ask Sprungster, I bought the chassis from Dave at West Side Stick & Skate in NYC. Would I be able to get the offer for the upgraded A6X rocker arms when they are available?

Would of have them already done but the sole on the Mega's are a lot thicker than skates now a days. Have to pick up the right length allen bolts.