Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

my brief sprung review:

i've been playing nothing but ice for the past 4-1/2 years. i used to play a lot of inline hockey before that. however ive only been on inline skates a few times in the last 4-1/2 years. keith mounted some a7 sprungs on my 9.5 mission proto vsi's. the last couple weeks i've skated in them 5 or 6 times. my initial thoughts after only one or two skates was that the suspension wasn't that big of deal. however after a few more skates and after re-learned inline skating, i began to really take advantage of the sprung suspension. i love the way the skate "rocks" with your movement without any mushy feeling or without dissipating your kinetic energy. for turns, i can shift my weight from heal to toe much more like on an ice skate than with a traditional inline chassis. i am extremely happy with my purchase.

We recently published an in-depth review of Srungs for anyone considering purchasing them. It can be seen here: Sprung Chassis review. We tested some A8's on several different surfaces and evaluated performance based on different categories. These frames are impressive!

We recently published an in-depth review of Srungs for anyone considering purchasing them. It can be seen here: Sprung Chassis review. We tested some A8's on several different surfaces and evaluated performance based on different categories. These frames are impressive!

can't believe you used addictions outdoors!

Keith,

I know you have been tied up in patent defense limbo for a while now and production has centered upon the A6X and getting a new run of frames for the A7's. However, I was wondering if you could give us a little update on some of the other products that have been discussed here from time to time.

1) Any negotiations in the works for an OE skate.

2) Have you had a chance to work on a small size frame to fit junior size skates?

&

3) Any movement on the Caffiene Mag/alloy frame design?

And keep up the great work.

can't believe you used addictions outdoors!
hehe i thought exactly the same:D

Just for a couple games guys, don't worry! While they are not made for the street they are hard enough to withstand a few revolutions on a smooth surface. We used Hypers on the street as well.

Haven't posted since I got my sprungs, but I "believe" indeed. However, I just broke not one, but two rocker arms and am thus out of spares. Now I've been out of the loop for many moons now and hear all this talk about new rocker arms (AX) that fit in the A6's. Can one have a mix of A6 and AX rocker arms on the same frame or does Keith (where are you) have any old A6 rocker arms left?

Haven't posted since I got my sprungs, but I "believe" indeed. However, I just broke not one, but two rocker arms and am thus out of spares. Now I've been out of the loop for many moons now and hear all this talk about new rocker arms (AX) that fit in the A6's. Can one have a mix of A6 and AX rocker arms on the same frame or does Keith (where are you) have any old A6 rocker arms left?

I'm getting low on spares too as I just broke another rocker arm last week. Keith does have old A6 arms in stock, but I wanted to wait for the A6X arms and springs to come in to order two sets and some spares for two of my skates. I just hope the spares I have left can last until then though.

I think the A6 and A6X arms could theorectically be used together, but it would be a different feel so you'd probably want to use the same arms all the way around. That's a moot point at the moment though as only A6 arms are available. If you ordered your Sprungs in the last year the A6 arms should be sent under warranty though. Mine pairs are over a year old so I don't really want to buy more A6 arms and then buy A6X arms again shortly after that.

I love my sprungs, but I do hate when a rocker breaks mid game and I have to miss about 10 minutes changing the rocker. Hopefully the new A6X will elminate this issue. Taking apart the skate every once in a while, soaking the rockers and wrapping a wet cloth around the chassis does help as I've been doing that this year and have only broken two rocker arms as opposed to previous years when I went through basically a whole set.

I'm getting low on spares too as I just broke another rocker arm last week. Keith does have old A6 arms in stock, but I wanted to wait for the A6X arms and springs to come in to order two sets and some spares for two of my skates. I just hope the spares I have left can last until then though.

I think the A6 and A6X arms could theorectically be used together, but it would be a different feel so you'd probably want to use the same arms all the way around. That's a moot point at the moment though as only A6 arms are available. If you ordered your Sprungs in the last year the A6 arms should be sent under warranty though. Mine pairs are over a year old so I don't really want to buy more A6 arms and then buy A6X arms again shortly after that.

I love my sprungs, but I do hate when a rocker breaks mid game and I have to miss about 10 minutes changing the rocker. Hopefully the new A6X will elminate this issue. Taking apart the skate every once in a while, soaking the rockers and wrapping a wet cloth around the chassis does help as I've been doing that this year and have only broken two rocker arms as opposed to previous years when I went through basically a whole set.

Hey, I've had a busted motherboard and I'm hacked into my daughter's computer, right now. I have a ton of the current A6 arms that are better than the ones from the previous shipment. I have to wait to make the A6X arms at the same time I do the A7 bodies, which I'm out of. The current arms and the X arms will not fit with each other because the X knuckles are larger.

I'm at the AAU Jinior Olympics this week, watching a lot of great international hockey. Hong Kong beat Germany last night, and even though the German team is a bit sketchy, it was fun to watch. And New Zeland beating Great Briton in the 21 and under.

And the answer to the earlier post RE OEMs, is: The Official Chasssis of Roller Hockey is rigid and made of metal, and every roller hockey boot comes with one. No one at any level in any company has ever been able to get past, "But we already have a roller chassis.", regardless of test results, etc, etc, etc. Easton likes the off ice training aspect, but they are narrowing their field, not widening it. Graf. who could benifit most from the off ice training sales with no competition from Reebok and Bauer, is the only boot company that refuses to even answer emails or phone calls. Going by sales volume. the Tri-Di is probably already more popular than the Humm'r, and will probably end up more popular than the Vanguard. No messing with success. I don't thik I can make a $3 Sprung chassis, anyway.

Any desigh and durability problems could have been eleminated in a few weeks with a letter of intent from any boot company, which would have gotten me the necessary funds to actually do things right instead of out of my house, as I could scrape the bucks up. As it actually is, each time a company wanted to test for OEMs, got great results, then passed, I lost funding partners. The most recent successful Reebok tests... and rejection (Head of Products this time) pretty much burned off family money.

You will never ever see any willing performance tests between Sprungs and any Official Roller Chassis. Tyson vs Fontleroy.

How long is the warranty on A6's? I got mine in august last year, is it still valid? What I was actually wondering was not if the A6 and AX rocker arms will fit together but rather if it's possible to have a pair of A6's and a pair of AX's on the same holder, will the wheels be the same height and all?

How long is the warranty on A6's? I got mine in august last year, is it still valid? What I was actually wondering was not if the A6 and AX rocker arms will fit together but rather if it's possible to have a pair of A6's and a pair of AX's on the same holder, will the wheels be the same height and all?

The warranty is for a year. You could have a pair of each on the same holder and the wheels will all be in the right place and height. I'm already using the A7/8 springs in all the A6s, and they will fit the X and won't change.

The warranty is for a year. You could have a pair of each on the same holder and the wheels will all be in the right place and height. I'm already using the A7/8 springs in all the A6s, and they will fit the X and won't change.

OK. I've checked and I don't have my confirmation from paypal anymore but I do have the transaction details in my paypal history, does that do? According to that, I paid for them on july 20 2009 so they are still under warranty. If the paypal history info is enough proof, do I need to send you the broken parts for proof or something?

OK. I've checked and I don't have my confirmation from paypal anymore but I do have the transaction details in my paypal history, does that do? According to that, I paid for them on july 20 2009 so they are still under warranty. If the paypal history info is enough proof, do I need to send you the broken parts for proof or something?

Nope, but I do need your address and exactly what you need. I'm getting rocker arm mix ups on orders, mainly from proto A6 arms finally breaking after 3-5 years. If your arms have a raised logo they are the current models. If the logo is flush with the arm and no box around it they're the old model. Can't mix them at all.

sprungster9@gmail.com

Nope, but I do need your address and exactly what you need. I'm getting rocker arm mix ups on orders, mainly from proto A6 arms finally breaking after 3-5 years. If your arms have a raised logo they are the current models. If the logo is flush with the arm and no box around it they're the old model. Can't mix them at all.

sprungster9@gmail.com

Eeeeee is that nope to sending the broken arms or nope I need the paypal confirmation? I'll have to check how the logo is when I get home from work, but I think the logo has a box around it.

Hey, back from all day every day at the AAU Jr Olympics in HB. It was a good show for Sprungs, and helped spread the virus big time. Shipping out orders today.

Monday through Sunday, walking around and watching games and talking to people. Got Sprungs into Puck Mart, the new shop in Huntington Beach Rinks, and placed a bunch on teams from all over the place. Also went back in the back and skated around on the practice rink they had set up. Got a Demolition stick from los Demo guys and went out and whacked the hell out of it and couldn't bother it at all. They insisted that the stick works for ice too. They dangled me a bit, "I'm aware of your chassis.", and later reminded me I'd given them a pair a few years ago, in another life, and, yep, pretty much like ice. They aren't tempted toward roller sports. A major wheel manufacturer told me, straight to my face, that he didn't want to see his product on my chassis, but he was too late, cause the combo was already out there in the games. His excellent team was beaten in the round robin and the gold medal game by a team with two very obvious pair of Sprungs, and his goalie was on them. The other team was better coached and protected their goalie the hair more that counted. He had his team show up late, without him, and stripped of their uniforms for the awards ceremony. They weren't good enough for his logo? This was two fantastic teams and it sucked for both of them.

A major wheel manufacturer told me, straight to my face, that he didn't want to see his product on my chassis, but he was too late, cause the combo was already out there in the games.

Why would a wheel manufacture not want their wheels on your frames? Seems counter productive.