Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

looks nice! i was wondering what size wheels those where as there seems to be a huge gap between them

Shute, I reckon they are a A7/A8 with 76mm wheels. I had that setup before, and its the perfect blend of control and speed.

Shute, I reckon they are a A7/A8 with 76mm wheels. I had that setup before, and its the perfect blend of control and speed.

Good call Fatwabbit, they are A7's with 76's on. I play on a small tight surface, and I get better acceleration with 76's than with 80's. Now I have to soil them a bit by slapping some epoxy on the likely wear spots before the stitching gets ground off.

I know the site says "in a month" -- but I'm not sure when that was posted. Any idea when the next production run is? I just snagged a pair of Fuel 120 AGs on the cheap and planned on converting them to start playing roller again but I need a set of A7s! Ugh!

Good call Fatwabbit, they are A7's with 76's on. I play on a small tight surface, and I get better acceleration with 76's than with 80's. Now I have to soil them a bit by slapping some epoxy on the likely wear spots before the stitching gets ground off.

Ever tried 80s in the rear and 76s in the front? I'm thinking of trying this the next time.

Ever tried 80s in the rear and 76s in the front? I'm thinking of trying this the next time.

No, I haven't - partly because I know Sprungster recommends against it, and partly because I like the feel of the 76mm setup. I'm one of those "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guys.

No, I haven't - partly because I know Sprungster recommends against it, and partly because I like the feel of the 76mm setup. I'm one of those "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guys.

also because there would be to much pressure and torque on the front rocker arms.

also because there would be to much pressure and torque on the front rocker arms.

I have to wonder, would running 4mm smaller diameter wheels in the front rocker arms put anymore stress on those rockers than the weight shift caused by adding a 1/4" (6.35mm) heel lifts? I've been running the lifts (with all 80's) for about 18 months (under my 260lb ass) & have had no problems.

2cents.gif

I have to wonder, would running 4mm smaller diameter wheels in the front rocker arms put anymore stress on those rockers than the weight shift caused by adding a 1/4" (6.35mm) heel lifts? I've been running the lifts (with all 80's) for about 18 months (under my 260lb ass) & have had no problems.

2cents.gif

Adjusting the pitch inside your boot , or outside heel lifts, and keeping the suspension configuration flat is different from two wheel sizes, which puts more strain on the arms due to the irregular weight transfer from wheel to wheel. This is way old info, and is printed very plainly in the warranty. It's the only warranty killer mentioned.

And just to remind, the $30 Off Holiday Sale is on until January 15th. sprung-inline.com

Hey guys I need some advice on some different wheel set ups. My mom got me a set of Mission CSX 78A wheels. I used them in my last game and I was slipping a bit in corners as well as stopping. I do have 4 revision Variant bronze wheels that I can use to replace some of the CSX's. what wheels would you put in what location of the frame to get the best grip possible out of those two wheels?

Thanks guys

Nick

Hey guys,

Recently I seem to be having some problems with my sprung A6's on my X:60. When I do a cross over or a tight/long turn basically when I lean forward my wheels (76mm) appear to be catching on the arms causing me to trip.

It's almost as if my sprungs have broken in and are too springy hence why they are catching.

Has anyone else had this problem? I didn’t have any issues on my previous A7's.

Hey guys,

Recently I seem to be having some problems with my sprung A6's on my X:60. When I do a cross over or a tight/long turn basically when I lean forward my wheels (76mm) appear to be catching on the arms causing me to trip.

It's almost as if my sprungs have broken in and are too springy hence why they are catching.

Has anyone else had this problem? I didn’t have any issues on my previous A7's.

check and see if the two middle wheels are rubbing when the rocker arms are compressed.

I've just checked and that's not the problem :(

If you look at the picture it's the front wheel rubbing when compressed. Pretty sure this is causing me to trip. I may just grind it down a little to make things work. What do you think?

wheel.jpg

Webster. Remove the pivot pins, and check that the knuckles on the arms are not broken (knuckles are the interlocking parts between the two arms).

I had the same issues before, found out that the knuckles were cracked. You might also want to check that the springs are still ok to use. Read sprungster's post about putting a paper shim around the spring.

Has anyone tried Eschelon wheels with Sprungs? I'm interested to hear about their grip section and wheel profile and how that would work with Sprungs to give extra grip where needed.

Has anyone tried Eschelon wheels with Sprungs? I'm interested to hear about their grip section and wheel profile and how that would work with Sprungs to give extra grip where needed.

Does anyone know what is going on with these? Like a post on the page before stated, they have said it would be a month before the next manufacturing shipment. If I am keeping tracked of time correctly, we are way over 2 months now.

Does anyone know what is going on with these? Like a post on the page before stated, they have said it would be a month before the next manufacturing shipment. If I am keeping tracked of time correctly, we are way over 2 months now.

I have a bad feeling they would chunk out. The sprungs "over grip". I am 150 lbs and used 78A RR's and had a ton of grip.

I have a bad feeling they would chunk out. The sprungs "over grip". I am 150 lbs and used 78A RR's and had a ton of grip.

I find that I can get away with a harder wheel with Sprungs as well. I usually use Hotshots but I'm looking for something cheaper. Whats your go to wheel with Sprungs?

I used the eschelon apocalypse wheels. my sprungs are the A6 on graf 705s, im about 200lbs and skate on sport court. I bought the set online. the wheels are yellow on one side and pink on the other side. the pink side seems to wear differant (alittle faster) then the yellow side. they feel like a hard wheel, grip is ok ,just not enough for me and my style of skating.they have not cracked at all,they just seem to wear.I use two rink rat hotshots (76A) for extra grip.so two eschelon and two rink rats. I just felt that the all eschelon set up wasnt enough grip so the soft rink rats are helpers. some guys might like the all apocalypse set up.if you like the eschelon brand they have a softer wheel you could use for grip.I want durability and grip.the front wheel I want push off grip, the 3rd wheel is grip help for the back wheel.the back wheels always seem to take a beating with the sprungs.differant strokes for differant folks.

I find that I can get away with a harder wheel with Sprungs as well. I usually use Hotshots but I'm looking for something cheaper. Whats your go to wheel with Sprungs?

I used Hornet/Hot Shot 78A when I used them

Keith, would you be able to give a guesstimate when the next batch of A7's are coming in?

Not today?? All of my production (and other things) money is routed to the Patent Machine. I just got notice of my third patent this year, with another in the wings and you not only pay to make them, you pay to receive them. I'll know more by the first of the year RE the A7 bodies and the A6X rockers, both of which got sidelined about this time last year by the linear bucks. With the skate suspension and the prosthetic foot/ankle, I have more funding options. At some point Sprung will have a large partner and some fluidity, and production will move up and on to a real retail product with more than one model.