Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KYHockey3

world trade center movie

i went to see click 2 days ago and saw the trailor for this movie.

it was very sad, i cant believe that it has almost been 5 years since this happened.

i am planning on seeing the movie, probably wednesday. i never saw flight 93, so i dont exactly know how this movie will be.

so are any of u all seeing this?

what do you think about the trailor for it?

I would like to see it, but I dunno if I will wait till I can rent it, or if I'll go see it in theatres.

Flight 93 was absolutely terrible. That said, I have no interest in seeing WTC. Unless I hear from someone who has similar taste in movies that I should see it, I doubt I will. Sitting through 2+ hours of a movie which will likely turn out to be a sermon of the director's views on 9/11 and the Middle East doesn't sound too appealing.

^ i agree, I'm not sure if the proceeds are going back to the families (which they should), but if they are not, I dont care to support something that is exploiting the great loss that people have suffered. The purpose of a movie is to entertain, yes 9-11 should be remembered but not in a movie. On the other hand the gf said she wants to see it and has free movie passes.

I don't mind that they're making a movie out of it. A lot of people argue that its too soon, but they would be saying the same thing five years down the road. It will always be a sensitive subject. If someone wants to make a movie about 9/11 thats his right and I have no problem with that. I personally don't want to go to a movie which will be all preachy about a subject such as this. When it comes to movies about subjects such as 9/11 I think its impossible for the director and the filmmakers to make it in a way where their biases and beliefs are hidden. Its the same reason I never saw Fahrenheit 9/11. I don't have a problem that MM made a movie that made some very serious accusations (even though their validity is in question, but thats another issue), I just won't waste my $7 and 2 hours on it.

Not going to see it. The movie industry has gone to far I think, milking a tradegy for it's monitary worth.

Look at Schindler's List, that came out how many years after WWII? Definatly not 5...

Tasteless.......my neighbor died on 9/11, I still remember my dad picking me up from school in 8th grade crying, and comming home and watching the same clips over and over again on CNN. The images are still extremely vivid in my head, I don't need to relive that.

Not going to see it. The movie industry has gone to far I think, milking a tradegy for it's monitary worth.

Look at Schindler's List, that came out how many years after WWII? Definatly not 5...

So I guess you don't watch network TV since they have specials on every year milking it for ratings? So have most cable channels for that matter. Personally I'm not fond of docu-dramas that are "based on" real events.

So I guess you don't watch network TV since they have specials on every year milking it for ratings? So have most cable channels for that matter. Personally I'm not fond of docu-dramas that are "based on" real events.

Pretty much no, I only watch TV for the occasional movie, the History Channel, and Family Guy.

I have not once watched Survivor or anything like that.

Cant say that i agree with the foundations here, but obviously it's happening...so not much you can do. As kosy said, an analytical take on militant groups and the WTC isn't something I'm into in the first place. I lived in New York when 9/11 happened, so I don't need the reminder.

To add to that..everytime I see the preview with Nicolas Cage with thata dirt stache I can't take the topic seriously....

Pretty much no, I only watch TV for the occasional movie, the History Channel, and Family Guy.

But the History channel has had a lot of 9/11 shows, what makes them so special? Using the logic from your other post, you should be mad at them too.

But the History channel has had a lot of 9/11 shows, what makes them so special? Using the logic from your other post, you should be mad at them too.

Since when did logic have anything to do with...anything? ;)

I haven't decided yet whether or not I'll see it, though I'll more likely rent it then see it in the theatres. I'm from NY and like many people in NY, had connections with it happening. I work now in the building that my best friends dad was in when he saw the tower get hit.

As for the movie itself, from what I've heard, it is not in anyway biased. I heard someone mention Fahrenheit 9-11, and this should not in any way be grouped in with that, though I'm sure it would be. That was Moore making a political statement, this is the story of some of the brave people who worked through that. The two people its mainly about were on the set every day of the movie, as well as about 50 others that were at ground zero. Now I don't want to 'support' it or anything too much without seeing it and find out what I've read/heard was wrong, but I don't want to see people thinking its something that its not, if for no other reason then for out of respect for the people its (supposed) to be about

Saw the movie last night. I was very, very impressed with it. It was really touching. I recommend seeing it.

The only bad thing was that they didn't actually show a plane hitting either tower, you just heard it. I think I would have liked it if they actually digitally made a plane fly into it, like the real thing.

IMHO i think theyre using an imfamous and tragic event in history as a way f making money .. Just let the F**king thing go.. so many people have been through so much from this.. now drop it.. why are they trying to re-live all this..

Mixed feelings on this one on my end. On one hand it may serve as a reminder of what happened that day. Not that any of has have forgotten but I wonder, at times, if we are in touch with that day has much as we should be.

It also depends on the focus of the movie. Does it highlight the heroes of that day and paint a picture of hope or does it just document what happened?

All I know is last time I was in Manhattan, after 9/11 it was a very different city in so many ways. Life will never be the same here in the States.

It pays a lot of attention to the two trapped in the rubble and their families. It shows that even when you may be on your last breath, hope can keep you alive. The two keep each other alive.

IMHO i think theyre using an imfamous and tragic event in history as a way f making money .. Just let the F**king thing go.. so many people have been through so much from this.. now drop it.. why are they trying to re-live all this..

I see this as less of an exploitation to make money than the victims' families suing for money.

I guess it can be seen in 2 lights:

1) Eternal memorial to the event

2) Exploitation to make a few bucks

I was in WTC that morning and left maybe half an hour before the planes struck. On one hand, I'd be hesitant to go out of my way to see it because there'd be no escaping some very unpleasant memories. On the other hand, I feel like eventually I would watch it (on cable or something), simply because I wouldn't want to feel like I'm unable to face the past, and also, quite frankly, I'd be curious.

I have no problems with the filmmakers making this movie, and I'm not quick to denounce them as vultures who are just looking to cash in. What happened that day is a story that many people want to know and many people want to tell. If you're not interested because maybe you were there or you feel like you've had enough of the whole thing, that's understandable. But if some people want to get a sense of what that day was like, and if the film can accurately deliver on that, I see no fault in that.

Maybe some extra will be playing the part of me.

My aunt almost ended up on the 2nd plane. They were in NYC that wknd and planned to drive back to Boston on Monday so that she could fly out to LA on Tuesday to show her family their baby girl. He insisted they drive up Sunday and they did and she flew out that Monday.