Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2007 SyNergy SE Elite stick

maybe it was one of those original prostock SLs. weren't they all chrome?

I don't think so...All I know is that it is a new stick coming out, was all silver, and was told it was to be a better balenced SL, and have something like a 40% hotter blade on it. I just figured it was a pro stock SE because it was a new stick and all silver...

Easton cranking up the bling factor.

Unless it's a just a low quality photo (which i doubt), the graphics are unimpressive.  Hell, they're flat out ugly.  Hopefully they look better in person.  Or in NHLers hands, or they'll never sell.

I seriously douby easton will have any trouble selling sticks. They may not be the most impressive graphics in the world but who cares. I own a LHS and I have sold thousands of sticks and I have never heard anyone say,"I would buy that stick but I don't like the graphics".

at sportchek i was blown away by the number of customers that turned down the si-core grip at 129.99 cdn cause they didn't like the red colour, and picked up something else for more that was lower quality.

I would be tempted to tell someone like that that they are a moron and I don't want their business. My co owner would shoot me in the face so I would have to bite my tounge and sell them the more expensive inferior stick. I just don't understand how someone could sacrifice performance because they want a different color.

simple. they don't know their ass from a hole in the wall, let alone the difference in performance from stick to stick.

actually, it's quite common that guys don't know what's what in equipment. ever get the "hey, i'm looking to buy such and such equipment, what should I get?" Even better is to look at the people who want to buy the newest top of the line skates even though they don't fit their feet. They probably put down the sicore grips simply because of the price. "It's neither new nor expensive, so it must not be good"

We have an Easton PK at the shop on monday. And im told we'll be hearing about everything in there new line up, so hopefully the rep will have seen the stick and will touch on it, ill let you guys know. If not ill just ask him to look into it and get back to me.

maybe it was one of those original prostock SLs.  weren't they all chrome?

I don't think so...All I know is that it is a new stick coming out, was all silver, and was told it was to be a better balenced SL, and have something like a 40% hotter blade on it. I just figured it was a pro stock SE because it was a new stick and all silver...

oh good, 40% less feel.

maybe it was one of those original prostock SLs.  weren't they all chrome?

oh good, 40% less feel.

I'm pretty glad about the hotter blade...the Stealth feels great first few weeks but it seems to lose it's "hotness" after some heavy use, so I'm hoping this new blade will possibly last a little longer.

simple. they don't know their ass from a hole in the wall, let alone the difference in performance from stick to stick.

actually, it's quite common that guys don't know what's what in equipment. ever get the "hey, i'm looking to buy such and such equipment, what should I get?" Even better is to look at the people who want to buy the newest top of the line skates even though they don't fit their feet. They probably put down the sicore grips simply because of the price. "It's neither new nor expensive, so it must not be good"

Oh yeah I get those people. The other day I had a guy come in who is just learning to skate and is going to play once a week in a beginner leage. He bought a pair of one90's. I explained to him very clearly that he did not need that caliber of skate but he wouldn't listen. I still felt guilty selling the one90's to him but If he won't listen there is not a lot I can do.

simple.  they don't know their ass from a hole in the wall, let alone the difference in performance from stick to stick. 

actually, it's quite common that guys don't know what's what in equipment.  ever get the "hey, i'm looking to buy such and such equipment, what should I get?"  Even better is to look at the people who want to buy the newest top of the line skates even though they don't fit their feet.  They probably put down the sicore grips simply because of the price.  "It's neither new nor expensive, so it must not be good"

Oh yeah I get those people. The other day I had a guy come in who is just learning to skate and is going to play once a week in a beginner leage. He bought a pair of one90's. I explained to him very clearly that he did not need that caliber of skate but he wouldn't listen. I still felt guilty selling the one90's to him but If he won't listen there is not a lot I can do.

I don't see anything wrong with him buying the skates....but if I were you, I'd be more worried about him realizing he's not able to skate and wanting to come back and exchange them

wow new eastons.....easton is full of diappointment now.....i remeber back in the aluminum stick and zbubble-ultra light combo days, nice and tough......now they are pieces.......just looks flashy......... :lol:

wow new eastons.....easton is full of diappointment now.....

I agree. So, I'm changing into TPS. Although I had SL, I never liked the silvery stuff because it came out if I detach the tape. And the blade part too. I think that the CNT stuff doesn't do much thing on the blade. No matter who steps on it, it'll be broken for sure. But I'm slightly expecting high that Easton may have improved their poor durablity within the shaft and so, they can raise their poor image (I think).

can anyone assume how much will it be? I think It will be upper level than SL but below Stealth CNT.

simple.  they don't know their ass from a hole in the wall, let alone the difference in performance from stick to stick. 

actually, it's quite common that guys don't know what's what in equipment.  ever get the "hey, i'm looking to buy such and such equipment, what should I get?"  Even better is to look at the people who want to buy the newest top of the line skates even though they don't fit their feet.  They probably put down the sicore grips simply because of the price.  "It's neither new nor expensive, so it must not be good"

I don't see anything wrong with him buying the skates....but if I were you, I'd be more worried about him realizing he's not able to skate and wanting to come back and exchange them

You try and get people in the right product, but in the end take their money before they give it to someone else. You can easily come off as an elitist prick if you won't sell someone what they want.

You try and get people in the right product, but in the end take their money before they give it to someone else. You can easily come off as an elitist prick if you won't sell someone what they want.

I would never refuse a sale and if someone is going to spend more than they need on equipment it might as well be at my store. You made a good point Chadd and I don't know why part of me still feels guilty when a beginner leaves my store with a 200 stick or a 500 pair of skates.

funny how i play AA since bantam(4 years now) 4x times a weeks, and i broke 3 easton shaft(Z-bubble,cyclone,SL grip), 2 were on nasty slashing and the cyclone: a goalie step on it. they all lasted 1 year minimum..

Maybe some of you are too hard on your stick, or maybe you should start skating over slashing the guys..

It's also funny how I have played roller hockey hockey in the highest division of travel and high school and ice hockey at the top high school level here (Atlanta, Georgia), and the closest thing to an Easton OPS I've tried is a Synthesis shaft and blade.

If Easton is consistent with tapered shafts and OPS shafts, it took me a good 2 months to break a synthesis shaft, which is quite long considering I've broken about 15 blades and 7 shafts in my 3 1/2 years of playing competitive hockey.

CobrAA, I think I win the stick breaking competition.

But back on topic, you never know with Easton. The only thing I would even think of getting is the Synergy ST. I've seen more SL's and Stealth's broken than all other sticks combined.

But back on topic, you never know with Easton. The only thing I would even think of getting is the Synergy ST. I've seen more SL's and Stealth's broken than all other sticks combined.

Have you also see more SL's and Stealth's in general than all other sticks combined?

Maybe they aren't breaking more so much as there is more to see break?