Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

I used to have a 2002 Audi A4 Quattro 3.0 (black on black), but then I sold it because its too expensive to maintain. Last month I picked up a 2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 w/ Navi (black on black).

With?

Going to "downgrade" for the summer while my project E30 M3 is being built.

Thinking about a Volkswagen R32 or a Mini GP.

Edited by Thockey17

Thockey, you got a link to like a build for the e30? My dad's dream car is an e30 M3, and I'm debating buying one on the cheap (okay, as cheap as I can).

Thockey, you got a link to like a build for the e30? My dad's dream car is an e30 M3, and I'm debating buying one on the cheap (okay, as cheap as I can).

As far as mine goes, work hasn't even started. I didn't even take a single picture of it, as its quite rough around most edges :P . Its just sitting in the corner of the shop. As soon as I figure what motor to go with, things will start moving quickly. Its between either a Euro S52 or an S54. Leaning towards the S54 as I still have parts for it from my old M3. Just need to find a source for a clean full motor. Not to mention 333hp sounds alot better than 240.

If you want to look at some builds, check out S14 Lots of good stuff to browse through.

Edited by Thockey17

With?

Going to "downgrade" for the summer while my project E30 M3 is being built.

Thinking about a Volkswagen R32 or a Mini GP.

E30s are great i sold mine 2 years ago and regret it!

As far as mine goes, work hasn't even started. I didn't even take a single picture of it, as its quite rough around most edges :P . Its just sitting in the corner of the shop. As soon as I figure what motor to go with, things will start moving quickly. Its between either a Euro S52 or an S54. Leaning towards the S54 as I still have parts for it from my old M3. Just need to find a source for a clean full motor. Not to mention 333hp sounds alot better than 240.

If you want to look at some builds, check out S14 Lots of good stuff to browse through.

s52 Euros are rare and not worth the money! I put a S52 in my 95 ///M...

I'm not way way into the BMW scene, but weren't s54's from the e46 m3 notorious for blowing up?

Pretty much all of them are cancelable and will refund the unused portion. So in your case, you should get it all back.

By the way is it possible to get out of an extended service agreement once I sign the papers. I don't even know what 2000 dollars I'm paying can do with that..

Usually you can get one but the protection is fairly limited.

I have one. I want out. The fairly limited protection for an extra two grand plus is ridiculous.

I'm not way way into the BMW scene, but weren't s54's from the e46 m3 notorious for blowing up?

The early ones(01-02) had valve, bearing, and oil pump problems which were all fixed under recall and in the newer cars.

Who knows, I may just ditch the project all together. The CLK63 Black Series is looking pretty tempting right about now.

Thockey that car is sick, you havn't had it that long.. Why get rid of it? I'd give one of my nuts for a car that cool :) Of course only have one ball would defeat the purpose of picking up chicks in a car that cool...but whatever.

The early ones(01-02) had valve, bearing, and oil pump problems which were all fixed under recall and in the newer cars.

Who knows, I may just ditch the project all together. The CLK63 Black Series is looking pretty tempting right about now.

I hear you. I saw one of those clk's in Boston last week, but I'm not really a Mercedes guy.

make sure you update with pictures when you start, sounds like a sick project. my neighbor used to have a mint 1989 3 series convertible with like 20,000 miles on it, i always liked those.

Thockey that car is sick, you havn't had it that long.. Why get rid of it? I'd give one of my nuts for a car that cool :) Of course only have one ball would defeat the purpose of picking up chicks in a car that cool...but whatever.

I've had my fun with the car, and dont regret doing it one bit. Its been great to me, but i just have an itch to get into something else.

No need to give up a nut for one. Used '06s with somewhat low mileage can be had in the 30's all day long.

I hear you. I saw one of those clk's in Boston last week, but I'm not really a Mercedes guy.

Im not a big Benz guy, but im not entirely sold on the E9x M3, either. The CLK63 BS is certainly smaller, which is what i'm looking for, but its still quite heavy. After seeing Evosports car, i think i can deal with it. Lower it on some HRE/NEEZ wheels, chip, tune, pulleys, etc. and we're looking at monster horsepower numbers with equal torque in a real aggressive looking car. If i can find a red one in my price range, i'll pull the trigger without hesitation.

make sure you update with pictures when you start, sounds like a sick project. my neighbor used to have a mint 1989 3 series convertible with like 20,000 miles on it, i always liked those.

I'll always have a soft spot for E30 M3's, but i think this project is getting more and more distant by the day. To squash an S54 and tranny into the thing is going to hit for about $10k. Add that to the tons of other work that must be done, and i'm looking at an absurd amount of money for an E30. Not to mention, in the end, it'll be completely different than what everybody knows and loves E30's for.

elbq12.jpg

Last time it will be seen as is.

The time has come, and parting-out has begun. She will be replaced by months end.

WOW. If i only had that money ..

I sold my f150 btw, i have a 06 silverado 1500 now, pretty decent truck and its all paid for so i cant complain :)

The day I get rid of my Latest sierra 1500 will be the happiest day of my life. All signs point to 09 Ram 2500.