Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

The boy in the family is about to go on an 8-day field trip to Eastern Canada, so the wife is feeling anxiety. I figured this would be a good time to get a new car (not a new used car, but a new new car this time). Either a Venza, a CR-V, an Escape, a Grand Vitara, or a Rogue.

Looked at a Kia Soul for the wife today, not a bad little car. They only had a "demo" model that wasn't supposed to be driven so we couldn't fire it up. It seemed pretty usable for us though.

The boy in the family is about to go on an 8-day field trip to Eastern Canada, so the wife is feeling anxiety. I figured this would be a good time to get a new car (not a new used car, but a new new car this time). Either a Venza, a CR-V, an Escape, a Grand Vitara, or a Rogue.

I've driven or ridden in the CR-V, Escape and Rogue. I would avoid the Escape of those 3, but you really need to sit in them and see how you like them.

Looked at a Kia Soul for the wife today, not a bad little car. They only had a "demo" model that wasn't supposed to be driven so we couldn't fire it up. It seemed pretty usable for us though.

Yeah, I've heard relatively good things about them, even optioned out they are pretty cheap too, right?

Yeah, I've heard relatively good things about them, even optioned out they are pretty cheap too, right?

I think maxed out they're around 20, dealer said they had one under 13k that was off the lot an hour after it came off the truck.

I've driven or ridden in the CR-V, Escape and Rogue. I would avoid the Escape of those 3, but you really need to sit in them and see how you like them.

OK, thanks for the warning about the Escape. We're going to see the Venza tonight.

When I was young, the Ford soundbite used to be "At Ford, Quality is Job 1".

Now, the latest ad campaign emphasizes that "Ford is the safest". How times have changed!

When I was young, the Ford soundbite used to be "At Ford, Quality is Job 1".

Now, the latest ad campaign emphasizes that "Ford is the safest". How times have changed!

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/ford...4-822822ECD4B7}

That's the only article I could find but Ford's quality is actually going up and passing some of the Asian brands.

The only one from your list I've been in is the Rogue but it seemed like it's probably the nicest from that list. Don't get a Suzuki...

I have made it my goal to own an '08 Acura TL Type-S 6 speed within the next 5 months. Hopefully I can get it done.

I have made it my goal to own an '08 Acura TL Type-S 6 speed within the next 5 months. Hopefully I can get it done.

I like these cars, but are the new TL's god awful or what?

Starting to do my research on a new car, hopefully getting around the end of the summer/early fall. I'm looking at the 09 Corolla, 06-09 Jetta, and 04-06 Touareg. Two other choices are the Cobalt coupe (2008) and of course, a Civic.

I've heard rave reviews already about the Corolla, Civic, and Cobalt, but can anyone shed some light on the Jetta and Touareg?

BTW the Jetta wouldn't be anything too fancy schmancy, base model Jetta S

Since most will come with actual (useful, perhaps) specs on it, I'll just say that a Jetta has always been a chick car to me.

I don't know much about cars, but I think VW repairs costs are usually higher than domestics/hondas/toyotas.

I have an 01 civic, 125K+ miles and the only problems I have had have either been fender benders or waiting too long on brakes (once). Other than that it has run like a dream. I think I finally need some suspension work though. <_<

Oh yeah, my SRS (air bags) computer went a few months after my warranty, I never got that fixed.

New truck today! Well not new, used. But i got a 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 to work with and take my fourwheeler place to place, mint condition and a long box. Pretty decent ride, hopefully looking to get a buell motorcycle sometime in the near future.

Most people I know that had VWs either loved them or hated them, I hated mine. Nothing but problems.

Honestly, don't think a VW is like a luxury car because it is German. It is the Honda of Germany, except its not as reliable. I've heard great stuff about the Cobalt SS, but the Civic sounds like you're best bet as it seems it is more of an A-to-B car for you.

AVOID the Toe rag. Nothing but problems. That being said, I really like the truck and wish it was more reliable. If you are not really a car nut, then the Civic is the way to go. If you are a car nut the Civic Si is an awesome little car. Be careful though, the latest model requires premium gas.

Since most will come with actual (useful, perhaps) specs on it, I'll just say that a Jetta has always been a chick car to me.

Heard that before. I've had a knack for the new Jettas however. Something about them. Seems everyone is high on the Civic, which is expected. My 98 Civic has been pretty good to me