Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

I haven't gotten much help about the Accord post but I guess I'll keep asking anyways. I found 2 E46 5 speed 325ci's for $10k on craigslist. I still think the accord might be faster in a straight line but I'm guessing the BMW would take it handling. Does anyone have experience with either of these cars or anything else in this price range? I mean I'm not expecting to get a great performance car as my daily driver at this price, I just want to make the best decision and I don't know what car to get.

THockey17: where are the pictures of your new car?! We're dying to see em haha

Pulled the trigger today.

Went for something different with the Melbourne Red.

%7Boption%7D

Mods coming soon enough. Black wheels, a must. :)

Nice, Keep updating with pictures.

Edited by pat19

Does anyone have experience with either of these cars or anything else in this price range?

With $10k, i would stay away from the E46, unless they have super low mileage and are in immaculate condition. I highly doubt that's possible in that price range, though.

Does anyone have experience with either of these cars or anything else in this price range?

With $10k, i would stay away from the E46, unless they have super low mileage and are in immaculate condition. I highly doubt that's possible in that price range, though.

One's an 04 with 59k miles but it says it "needs a little work body bumpers and right side nothing major" and the other one's an 01 with 77k miles that looks nice. Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just go with the honda, can't expect too much for under $14k...

I guess I'll just go with the honda, can't expect too much for under $14k...

$14k opens up a whole lot more options than say $10k.

You should be able to get an 06 Civic SI with around 40k on the clock in the $14k range pretty easily. Perhaps that is an option? Seems like everybody has one, but they are pretty good cars.

You could also get a nice G35 Coupe/Sedan or a 350z with decent mileage. There are a TON out there...

Edited by Thockey17

THockey17: where are the pictures of your new car?! We're dying to see em haha

Pulled the trigger today.

Went for something different with the Melbourne Red.

Mods coming soon enough. Black wheels, a must. :)

Nice!! I really like the red...you don't see a lot of them. All i see around here are Alpine Whites, Blacks, and the darker gray. (Space Gray, i think?)

And i know you'll do it up right...I'm excited to see your progress with it.

Edited by Cobra2717

Nice!! I really like the red...you don't see a lot of them. All i see around here are Alpine Whites, Blacks, and the darker gray. (Space Gray, i think?)

All I see is Alpine White around here.

I was going to do black on black again, but everyone has done it now. I wanted a red CLK63 Black Series, but not for ~90-100k, so I settled for the M3.

Going to do the Vorsteiner front lip, rear diffuser, lowered on black powdercoated OEM 19's, and an Akrapovic Titanium exhaust. That should be enough for the car. Mocked it up on Photoshop already:

2en3vpf.jpg

2db3qjd.jpg

I guess I'll just go with the honda, can't expect too much for under $14k...

$14k opens up a whole lot more options than say $10k.

You should be able to get an 06 Civic SI with around 40k on the clock in the $14k range pretty easily. Perhaps that is an option? Seems like everybody has one, but they are pretty good cars.

You could also get a nice G35 Coupe/Sedan or a 350z with decent mileage. There are a TON out there...

Yeah, my budget's like $14k but I just happened to find 2 BMW's for exactly $10k. I don't know where to look though, every ad on craigslist seems sketchy and they don't usually have that much. My dad's friend goes to auctions so I'll ask him to look but he charges around $1000 if he buys it I think. Where do you get your cars?

I love alpine white and black on black M3s but red was definitely the right decision IMO. I don't think I've ever seen a red e92 in real life, that photoshop picture looks sick.

Edited by pat19

Just curious to hear from all the car guys on here. What do you guys think of this one:

1978 Cobra II

carrrr002.jpg

Link: http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/1258179883.html

Would this be a good project car for just under $1000? I normally do not like Cobra's or Mustangs, but this one has itself locked in my cross hairs for some odd reason, and I'm really considering pulling some strings so I can acquire it. The exterior seems to be in fabulous shape, and most of the problems seem to be engine related. Obviously the leopard covers and mats would have to go, but yeah... what's your opinion? Should I go after it?

Thanks guys.

thats real sick...hows the engine?

edit: just read it again...if you have the money i'd stick a V6 or V8 in it :P

Edited by K9 Unit

Haha, well you asked for the car guys opinion on it. If you like the looks and the engine work isn't too far over your head I'd say go for it. I would also say that you should have double what you think you'll have to pay fixing it in the bank because project cars always go way over budget. Another word of warning is that you'll never get the time and money that you put into it back out when/if you sell it.

I'd have to agree, not much resale value on that one. Those years of the Mustangs are not popular and show no signs of becoming popular.

But if you really like it, it should be pretty simple to work on and modify. Parts specific to that model will be harder to find than any other Mustang, but drivetrain, brake and suspension parts should be easy to find because lots were sold and many of the parts were common with other models. It has the 5 lug wheels, so that is nice.

that V6 won't make a ton of power and won't have much in the way of performance options. A small block ford fits with the right headers and lots of patience.

I'd have to agree, not much resale value on that one. Those years of the Mustangs are not popular and show no signs of becoming popular.

But if you really like it, it should be pretty simple to work on and modify. Parts specific to that model will be harder to find than any other Mustang, but drivetrain, brake and suspension parts should be easy to find because lots were sold and many of the parts were common with other models. It has the 5 lug wheels, so that is nice.

that V6 won't make a ton of power and won't have much in the way of performance options. A small block ford fits with the right headers and lots of patience.

Probably better off to find a fox body mustang if you dont hate the look, that or one of the late 60's models, i havnt even seen that era mustang in person except for a few times, probably stay clear of it, parts would be hard to come by. They were pretty choked off by the emissions too, not any impressive horsepower by any means. A fox body with a 302 would be a solid choice.

I've been starting to shop around for cars recently since mine is hitting the point of "very expensive parts need replacing" and I was considering a few models of various brands without any real passion for one striking me. Then while I was in stockholm last week, I quickly snapped a shot when I saw this:

Car-1.jpg

4 door impreza hatch. And I even like the color. Dunno about the spoiler but hey, otherwise, damn nice car.

dude is all over the place.

bmw 3 series

honda accord

late 70s mustang II?

buy an MR2.

That was me the with the 3 series and accord, not me with the mustang.

I've decided on a 350z if I can find one though.

MR2s must be pretty hard to find, I never see those around anymore.

Edited by pat19

bmw 3 series

honda accord

late 70s mustang II?

buy an MR2.

There are a TON of them out here.

bmw 3 series

honda accord

late 70s mustang II?

buy an MR2.

There are a TON of them out here.

I'm pretty set on the Z, I just need to find one now. I just wish I had a couple thousand more for an Evo but I'm not working once school starts and I'm not waiting until next year.

I've been starting to shop around for cars recently since mine is hitting the point of "very expensive parts need replacing" and I was considering a few models of various brands without any real passion for one striking me. Then while I was in stockholm last week, I quickly snapped a shot when I saw this:

Subaru WRX STi Pic.

4 door impreza hatch. And I even like the color. Dunno about the spoiler but hey, otherwise, damn nice car.

You do realize that this is the WRX STi version of the Imprezza, right? Not just the standard 2.5.

All I see is Alpine White around here.

I was going to do black on black again, but everyone has done it now. I wanted a red CLK63 Black Series, but not for ~90-100k, so I settled for the M3.

Going to do the Vorsteiner front lip, rear diffuser, lowered on black powdercoated OEM 19's, and an Akrapovic Titanium exhaust. That should be enough for the car. Mocked it up on Photoshop already:

I LOVE the lip. Cant wait to see when your done.

Subaru WRX STi Pic.

You do realize that this is the WRX STi version of the Imprezza, right? Not just the standard 2.5.

Yes.