Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

CCM Vector Helmet

Put the old CCM logo, make the helmet black and add VN and you got something that looks nice... Maybe open those vents a bit and make the locks on the side a bit larger.

I'd prefer a 692 or HT2, at least for now.

Nice looking helmet, anyone know where I can find one?

unless your ovy, you cant yet

im thinking this might be my next helmet though. i really like the looks

I too would like to know what the craze is with the VN foam as opposed to the newer stuff. Isn't VN used alot in skates too? Why do so many pro's prefer the VN? Is it more protective or what?

Why do you prefer VN over EPP?

Is it a comfort thing? Or more of a fit thing?

VN may seem more comfortable to many but for protection performance EPP is the way to go. The VN can allow for the helmet to sit closer to your head so VN wins the vanity challenge over EPP when doing the mirror test. However, after getting my noggin rocked in an HT2 helmet lined with VN last summer, I was only too quick to change to a Mission Intake with EPP. I find the fit is excellent and weight is minimal. I have no comfort problem with EPP. VN is just not enough protection for high impact hockey where the players are not getting paid to play. For the guys in the NHL, they can go with VN and its their head, their career, their marbles when all is said and done. For those of us selling helmets at retail, EPP provides a much safer helmet to sell.

It looks better in black.

I guess I'm a traditionalist, but that new logo really stings. :(

Like many, I hate that new CCM logo. But... I don't know what it is about this helmet, but I don't like it. Looks sort of like my Intake, but I like the Intake much more. I'll have to hold my verdict until I see it in person, as that's the way it should go.

The vents are somewhat different than the original Hefter version (see pic below), but overall it's not a bad looking helmet.

The new CCM logo has to go though, why change that classic logo into something uglier?

Hefter_Red_3Qtr.gif

The angled rectangular box design is the exact same as the Nike Swoosh/Bauer angled rectangular box design! Where is the originality in that? RBK paid someone to copy their major competitor's logo?

Hello, McFly!! McFly!!

Why do you prefer VN over EPP?

Is it a comfort thing? Or more of a fit thing?

VN may seem more comfortable to many but for protection performance EPP is the way to go. The VN can allow for the helmet to sit closer to your head so VN wins the vanity challenge over EPP when doing the mirror test. However, after getting my noggin rocked in an HT2 helmet lined with VN last summer, I was only too quick to change to a Mission Intake with EPP. I find the fit is excellent and weight is minimal. I have no comfort problem with EPP. VN is just not enough protection for high impact hockey where the players are not getting paid to play. For the guys in the NHL, they can go with VN and its their head, their career, their marbles when all is said and done. For those of us selling helmets at retail, EPP provides a much safer helmet to sell.

The two reasons why I stopped considering buying an Intake was the EPP foam and the depth of the helmet. I cant stand how epp foam feels and i guess it's just something that I can't change my thinking(originally a goalie) but EPP foam only comes on some low end goalie masks, masks that can be quite dangerous. I feel safer and more comfortable with VN. I've taken a few shots that rocked my head but the VN did well to protect me. It basically boils down to personal preference... big surprise!!! :P

vector.jpg

That's right...the white elephant has finally been made.

This is a pro helmet so notice that it's VN. Zorbium will not be in the helmet - for it to be certified, it would require a lot of it, so they are going with the EPP/"memory foam."

Any one can tell me where I can get these spacers?

Just get nylon spacers at Lowes, I got some for a friend of mine that match the ones Itech ships with HS22 visors. The helmet looks worse in person than in that pic.