Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

RBK 9k O-Tech Stick (pics added by JR)

hey i just saw this while searching on the internet for a new stick because i broke my stealth the 9ko is on greatskate.com there is no price and it says june delivery i dont know this but if any of u do tell me will they be coming out with an intermediate because it only says jr. and sr. check it out

is it me or are rbk sticks alot stiffer than any other make i was feeling the 7k prolite and i noticed it was stiff is this true or is it just me

colby armstrong from the penguins is using the "O" tonight as well

I think that guy changes sticks every like three games. Everytime I see him he has a different stick.

same with fedor tyutin

anyways i called up greatskate and asked how much $250 american(wow)

i asked him how many grams and he said he didnt no but he knows its the lightest made to date

and the RBK customer service guy didnt no jack shit, he thought the 9ko was in the catalogue

JR how the hell did u get 2 that when that stick isnt even on the website

For posts like this, and others, you are now on mod approval. Any future post will have to be approved by a mod before anyone can view it.

huh, i no ur a mod but what are you talking about...why?

i meant theyre not on rbkhockey.com

and that link is to rbkhockey.com

try going there its not on

Your posts are painful to read. We have members who speak English as a third language and they're easier to understand than you are.

I recently fondled a 9K O, veryyy light but it sure didnt look durable at all. The newspaper reported that the University team didnt like them because they were breaking all over the place but theyre still using them... :P

The only problem I see with the stick durability wise is slashes, particularly the more powerful ones from above. For anyone that has tested the stick how did it feel when slashed?

The only problem I see with the stick durability wise is slashes, particularly the more powerful ones from above. For anyone that has tested the stick how did it feel when slashed?

I really don't believe that's going to be much of a problem. The added material around the holes should make it more solid. I do question how the added stiffness at the bottom of the stick is going to help performance. If anything, it should make the kick point much higher and that should reduce consistency and accuracy.

Ive seen Datsyuk break his stick twice since the switch to the 9K. Obviously he doesn't take that many slap shots but one broke with a slash and the other during a wrist shot.

"21.5%" more areodynamic. come on. do areodynamics matter on a hockey stick? they are thin enough so that they don't have a lot of resistance.

I'd say areodynamics matter, but have no idea to what extent. Anything that enables you to move your stick faster is going to result in the puck moving faster. Of course for most people, the form on your shot is likely to have a much greater effect.... but that's not as easy as buying a stick, is it?

"Individual results may vary" LOL

The big boys in the Show bring the muscle to those hacks and slashes on Pavel's stick. Every stick will break. Believe it or not, its a rule in the NHL rulebook. Tiles fall off the bazillion $ Space Shuttle and guys want a hockey stick that won't break just because they spent $250?! Next!!

"21.5%" more areodynamic. come on. do areodynamics matter on a hockey stick? they are thin enough so that they don't have a lot of resistance.

I agree totally. I do not believe aerodynamics come into play at all. The drag coefficient on a hockey stick shaft is very low to begin with. Reducing the drag, while possible, will probably not be measurable in regards to performance. Unless someone has some test data to prove real results, this sounds like a nice marketing job. As for added strength, simple engineering principles tend to suggest this stick will be stronger. We'll just have to see in real life use.

Unless someone has some test data to prove real results, this sounds like a nice marketing job.

Ah, jimmy, we have had this same argument all over MSH… so I’m not all that interested in dragging this out yet again. Obviously they DO have test data… I believe I have previously explained the legalities of advertising and how a claim such as 21.5% is not possible without proof. A test demonstrating the improvement in aerodynamics is not difficult or complex to establish.

Where I would believe you and I agree is this: As puck speed is predicated by how fast you can move your stick I would say more people can increase their personal performance by working on their form and technique and getting in better shape.

Unless someone has some test data to prove real results, this sounds like a nice marketing job.

Ah, jimmy, we have had this same argument all over MSH… so I’m not all that interested in dragging this out yet again. Obviously they DO have test data… I believe I have previously explained the legalities of advertising and how a claim such as 21.5% is not possible without proof. A test demonstrating the improvement in aerodynamics is not difficult or complex to establish.

Where I would believe you and I agree is this: As puck speed is predicated by how fast you can move your stick I would say more people can increase their personal performance by working on their form and technique and getting in better shape.

Stick speed is only one factor and I don't believe it is the most important one.