Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reaper

"Mission will no longer exist..."

Today when I went into my local Play It Again Sports I asked when they would be getting the new Mission gear. One of the salesmen piped up and said "Mission will be no longer exist in the next month or so. They were bought out." I asked him if he was talking about the fact that Mission and Itech recently merged. He said that the Mission rep was in and said that "there wouldn't be any new Mission product because they were bought out." I questioned his stance and asked him why they just released new skates, sticks and shafts this year. He didn't have an answer and seemed a little embarassed that I brought it up.

Any truth to this or was it just another instance of a store employee not knowing what they were talking about?

sounds like it's just a misinformed employee. or someone trying to make themselves sound like they have the "inside track" on information.

Somebody better tell Justin, I'm sure he'd like to know he's wasting his time on the new products. :ph34r:

actually i read the same thing.. on the goaliestore.com board.. awhile back.. just brushed it aside.. wierd that I hear it again!

I will be very sad if it becomes true :(

mission and itech did merge, but it was thought both companys would share ideas and become two better semi-independent companys. I wouldnt think that mission will seize to exist, but that itech will use missions ideas for ice hockey and mission continue there trend of supporting mainly inline hockey.

That's funny.

There might be a big announcement soon...but it isn't Mission... :ph34r:

Ahh you tease!!

That's funny.

There might be a big announcement soon...but it isn't Mission... :ph34r:

Ahh you tease!!

Yes, it's fun to know stuff, isn't it?

Reebok Hockey, perhaps? :o

Gucci Hockey with mirrored lens like the sunglasses, oh wait, they already do that, lol. ;)

Please no more guessing. I'm not saying anything.

Okay, I'll stop. I completely understand about having to keep secrets that can't become public knowledge for a while. From my dealings with the Calgary Flames and having a couple friends who work inside the organization I know what it's like to have to keep secrets that you'd love to share with others. Just imagine how hard it was to not reveal to anyone what this year's red home jersey looked like after getting a sneak peek at some layouts 3 months before it was unveiled. The hardest point was two weeks before it was introduced when everyone was wildly speculating about how it would look... :ph34r:

Hey Thanks Jackal! Much appreciated. I'll remember to keep you on my Christmas list.

Speaking of the Flames and new jerseys, when I worked for the Kings I helped test the new jerseys to see how they would look on tv.

Hey Thanks Jackal! Much appreciated. I'll remember to keep you on my Christmas list.

Speaking of the Flames and new jerseys, when I worked for the Kings I helped test the new jerseys to see how they would look on tv.

J/k Ryan! I mean now that Franklin's out of the business we all gotta rip on somebody. Easton makes good stuff, just like any other manufacturer out there.