Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RWhockey

Nike/Bauer ONE95/ONE75 Skates

Back to the skates. I just got my 95s stiff as hell no real forward flex at all. Skated for a minute at my kids practice real stiff, but so where my 90s and after broke in they felt great are these the same? I also had heel lifts on my 90s. Do you guys recomend them on the 95s, and can you guys give me any ideas on how to get more forward flex or break em in quicker. I hope I aint just bein a biatch, or to haisty couse i might just need to skate more.Any feed back apreciated.

Back to the skates. I just got my 95s stiff as hell no real forward flex at all. Skated for a minute at my kids practice real stiff, but so where my 90s and after broke in they felt great are these the same? I also had heel lifts on my 90s. Do you guys recomend them on the 95s, and can you guys give me any ideas on how to get more forward flex or break em in quicker. I hope I aint just bein a biatch, or to haisty couse i might just need to skate more.Any feed back apreciated.

The ONE95s will quickly adapt to your foot as you use them through each session. The break-in period will actually be quicker than you think. One of the keys is to push yourself each session to make the skate do more for you. The harder you make the skate work the quicker it will break in.

The ONE95s will quickly adapt to your foot as you use them through each session. The break-in period will actually be quicker than you think. One of the keys is to push yourself each session to make the skate do more for you. The harder you make the skate work the quicker it will break in.

Agreed. After switching to the LS2 steel, they felt better, but I still did not have the response I did with the XXXXs. I skated on them for the 3rd time yesterday and they are now getting more comfortable. More important, they were more responsive. At first I was discouraged because I did not feel the same jump I had with the XXXX, but after the 3rd skate it is now starting to show. Yesterday I really pushed myself and found that maneuverability was much easier...as an example when stickhandling and moving right to left quickly, or when cutting to the net.

MLSman,

Keep us posted on your experiences switching between the XXXXs and the One95s. I think that there are several of us who are curious about this particular comparison!

MLSman,

Keep us posted on your experiences switching between the XXXXs and the One95s. I think that there are several of us who are curious about this particular comparison!

No problem.

There is a difference so far, but I attribute that most to the fact that my XXXXs are broken in and I am still working the One95 for break-in.

Originally, some have posted that they were able to keep the One95's laced looser than normal. For me that has not been the case. I am used to a tight fit around the ankle. I laced the One95 the same way I lace the XXXXs yesterday, and I found that the fit was more responsive for me. I can also say that the upper is so stiff that it took a few sessions to lace them the way I like.

I have also done some work to the quarter to repair the gouge I had. I have applied about 5 coats of protectoe clear on the entire quarter of the boot. I will post some pics when I get some time. The result is that the boot is a tad stiffer than before. I have also done this with my XXXXs previously. The additional weight is inconsequential...can't notice the difference.

The major benefit I feel so far is the additional padding on the ankle compared to the stock XXXX and the rigidity of the boot. I took two shots to the boot and didn't feel any pain. I skated quite a bit during a 3 hour session yesterday and my feet are not sore at all. Even with my broken-in XXXXs...3 hours of skating would have my dogs barking!

I can vouch for the one95's not hurting at all, even after a long session of ice. I had a company hockey tourney outside Boston last weekend. We played 4 games in a span of about 8 hours.

I left the skates on for the hour between the first and second games, took them off for an hour to eat before the third game, and then wore them for the third and fourth games, which were back to back. The start of the day was only my second time on the ice with the skates. I experienced the same feelings others have; of the skates becoming more responsive and comfortable after each successive use. I unlaced the top eyelet for the last two games and much preferred the feel and the increased forward flex I received...the support remained though.

ddbowdoin- Did you get your skates today??

they came in the mail today, waiting to get home from work to try these bad boys on

no idea where I'll get them baked, have to find an LHS that'll hook me up with a bake deal

I can vouch for the one95's not hurting at all, even after a long session of ice. I had a company hockey tourney outside Boston last weekend. We played 4 games in a span of about 8 hours.

I left the skates on for the hour between the first and second games, took them off for an hour to eat before the third game, and then wore them for the third and fourth games, which were back to back. The start of the day was only my second time on the ice with the skates. I experienced the same feelings others have; of the skates becoming more responsive and comfortable after each successive use. I unlaced the top eyelet for the last two games and much preferred the feel and the increased forward flex I received...the support remained though.

I wear mine the same way...top eyelet unlaced. Same thing with the XXXXs. As a note, wear the tongue's in / shins out.

Where are you guys getting the One95s? I called a few local shops here in MN and they are all telling me mid May... :blink:

My Vapor XXXs are done...

In Minnesota? There not due in Texas until late May early April. I can't eally give you and answer seeing as I don't live in Minnesota.

Lettermen Sports in MN has had them in stock for a couple of weeks now. They can ship them anywhere in the U.S. for 4.99, or of course you can go get them if you live near by. They sell them for $499.99.

came in today, fit is right one... one90 and one95 same size... go figure

had them baked, they feel pretty nice but I haven't stepped on ice yet

still do not pass the pencil test, jesus... what kind of feet do I have?

came in today, fit is right one... one90 and one95 same size... go figure

had them baked, they feel pretty nice but I haven't stepped on ice yet

still do not pass the pencil test, jesus... what kind of feet do I have?

ddbowdoin what store are they available in? thanks!

picked mine up at letterman sports, just couldnt walk away from a 150 dollar deal!

breakaway hockey has them in needham, MA but they dont carry wide skates, they'd have to order you a pair and who knows how long that would take

only critique of the skate, the tongue is not what I wanted

its super stiff which I like but way to cheap out on the felt NBH... jesus christ is it thin

east west called me today about their custom tongues but as much as I'd love an all white custom white felt tongue on these I just dont want to sink anymore money into these skates

Hey guys skated on the One 95's for the second time tonight. I love the boot, but im struggling a bit with the blades. I consider myself to be a decent player, played junior the past three years and will be playin college. But i went down a half size from the One 90's and was wondering if it is becasue the rocker is smaller that i am having difficulty on power turns? Or is it the fact that i am with the ls 2.1 steel? i wore the ls2's with my one 90's. I am considering going back to the ls2 and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Man Texas has the highest growin ratio of players and it still takes forever for us to get equipment.

It doesn't matter about how many players you have playing in Teaxs.

They reason that you don't have the new products at your LHS is

because they don't qualify for early ship.

Hey guys skated on the One 95's for the second time tonight. I love the boot, but im struggling a bit with the blades. I consider myself to be a decent player, played junior the past three years and will be playin college. But i went down a half size from the One 90's and was wondering if it is becasue the rocker is smaller that i am having difficulty on power turns? Or is it the fact that i am with the ls 2.1 steel? i wore the ls2's with my one 90's. I am considering going back to the ls2 and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Put the LS2 steel on mine after the first wear...2.1 felt too different. It has been working for me.