Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fedorov#91

The Smartphone Thread

my MP3 player disappeared from my bag at the airport last week, so I decided to upgrade a bit to the Cruz Tablet. It runs an old version of android (2.0 and no plans to upgrade) but now I can play games or read an ebook while flying out to Vegas tomorrow morning.

Talked to a friend of mine who works at Sprint - he thinks the big announcement will be a 3D Galaxy Tab.

I still think they are going to announce a plan for shared devices - it is pretty evident that manufacturers are trying to build ecosystems in which you have connected devices (smartphone/tablet/netbook)

Just an update:

Looks like the Inspire 4G and Atrix 4G will be coming February 13th. Look for official rumors soon, at&t staff members go for training on the devices February 2nd.

im half tempted in look at some sort of android tablet - but then i know i would stop using my phone for everything except making phone calls.

also it seems like all of the tablets require you signing multi-year contracts for a data plan and then the cell phone companies have you by the nuts - in my case i would be paying for two data plans (one for my phone and one for whatever tablet i buy)

im really tempted in any 7-inch tablet - i think it just small enough to carry everywhere and just big enough to browse websites nicely.

im half tempted in look at some sort of android tablet - but then i know i would stop using my phone for everything except making phone calls.

also it seems like all of the tablets require you signing multi-year contracts for a data plan and then the cell phone companies have you by the nuts - in my case i would be paying for two data plans (one for my phone and one for whatever tablet i buy)

im really tempted in any 7-inch tablet - i think it just small enough to carry everywhere and just big enough to browse websites nicely.

The Cruz isn't bad for a cheap gateway into tablets. Best buy has them for $169 with no contracts, but it only works on wifi and not via a cell signal. Perfect for me sitting in airports and hotels for a couple hours at a time.

finally rooted my og droid. What a difference

Also it seems that occasionally an application will hold on to way too much memory. The facebook app on my phone was holding 70mb. My uncle's email app on his phone is holding 50 mb.

I have a rooted incredible its the best thing i swear, and also you can clear out your data on the apps.

I have a rooted incredible its the best thing i swear, and also you can clear out your data on the apps.

yeah it's been nice so far. Still figuring things out like the best cpu setttings to conserve battery life. It was nice to use tethering in the DFW airport yesterday

finally rooted my og droid. What a difference

Also it seems that occasionally an application will hold on to way too much memory. The facebook app on my phone was holding 70mb. My uncle's email app on his phone is holding 50 mb.

What rom are u running, I'm currently switching between MIUI, metickones Froyo, and Bugless beast. I'd try MIUI if you get bored of your phone, its very different than any rom Ive seen.

What rom are u running, I'm currently switching between MIUI, metickones Froyo, and Bugless beast. I'd try MIUI if you get bored of your phone, its very different than any rom Ive seen.

currently none haha. I don't understand very much when it comes to rooting a phone.

For those of you who are looking to trade in ur droid or other android device when the new 4gs are here. Check this out http://www.droid-life.com/2011/02/11/need-cash-for-a-thunderbolt-sell-your-phone-through-ebays-new-instant-sale/

If anyone is getting a 4g phone, just be sure to check if your area is even covered. Im on Long Island and probably wont have it until 2012 the earliest. Was going to get the Bionic, now i'm probably going with the Incredible 2.

The new Galaxy S II phone is looking pretty stellar, honestly. If that's a Verizon phone, then it's going to put up some serious competition for my next phone, provided they don't have the upgrade debacle they did with the original Galaxy S. It's a toss-up between the GS II or the Droid X2.

By the way, any MSHers on Words with Friends? Hit me up for a game if you want...erikbond is my username.

Yeah I have Droid-Life bookmarked...I'm not getting a 4G phone, I don't really have any need for it. If the GS2 isn't CDMA compatible, then I'm waiting for the Droid 3 or X2.