Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fedorov#91

The Smartphone Thread

Yeah I have Droid-Life bookmarked...I'm not getting a 4G phone, I don't really have any need for it. If the GS2 isn't CDMA compatible, then I'm waiting for the Droid 3 or X2.

As a diehard Apple fan, the Motorolla Xoom tablet looks incredible. Does it have any weaknesses? Lookes to be completely tricked out with features/hardware. I may have to get this over the iPad.

i wish i had a better idea of what specs the ipad 2 will have - because i am really interested in the xoom as well. if the xoom beats the ipad 2 to market (which it is pretty much guaranteed to do) they could snatch up a lot of the market

The availability of Flash, HDMI, Micro-Usb, Upgradable mememory, and Dual-Core processor/HD SCREEN (most importantly) are specs making me heavily lean towards the Xoom. I also don't care for apps. Don't use them on my iPhone, wouldn't use them on an iPad.

The availability of Flash, HDMI, Micro-Usb, Upgradable mememory, and Dual-Core processor/HD SCREEN (most importantly) are specs making me heavily lean towards the Xoom. I also don't care for apps. Don't use them on my iPhone, wouldn't use them on an iPad.

The Xoom is a beast. Although the LG pad is supposed to be pretty much the same thing. They both also have front and back cameras. I'd play the waiting game for reviews.

Heard the LG one can record 3D video

Yup. the LG tablet and LG phone will both have dual cameras to record 3D. The phone will not require glasses, I believe the tab will.

The electronics industry is pushing hard for 3D but, between lack of content and need for expensive glasses, I don't think most people are going to drop $3,000 on a new TV less than five years after buying a $2,500 HDTV. I think 3D will catch on, but it will be as existing sets start to show their age, and not on the timetable of the manufacturers.

I never liked 3D to begin with. Whether it be movies, TV, or attractions at theme parks, I just never got into it. Maybe it has something to do with me wearing glasses all my life, and never giving it a shot with contacts. I can do without it, though.

The new Galaxy S II phone is looking pretty stellar, honestly. If that's a Verizon phone, then it's going to put up some serious competition for my next phone, provided they don't have the upgrade debacle they did with the original Galaxy S. It's a toss-up between the GS II or the Droid X2.

By the way, any MSHers on Words with Friends? Hit me up for a game if you want...erikbond is my username.

As someone who owns a samsung epic and a droid x, I'd wait for the X2. The epic is finally getting froyo now. I'd guess the S II ships with 2.2 and gets in 2.3 in....forever.

Apps: If you don't like HTC Sense's UI, download LauncherPro. Allows more customization. Uninstaller is good too, allows easy uninstallation of apps. Pandora is a music service. If you want some games, my favorites are Words with Friends, JetCarStunts, Angry Birds, and Fruit Ninja.

I've had the Inspire now for a week and it just smokes my old 3GS. It's fast, flash web browsing is ridiculously smooth, ugh.... everything about this thing is awesome. Just need to root so I can do free tethering. :)

Apps: If you don't like HTC Sense's UI, download LauncherPro. Allows more customization. Uninstaller is good too, allows easy uninstallation of apps. Pandora is a music service. If you want some games, my favorites are Words with Friends, JetCarStunts, Angry Birds, and Fruit Ninja.

What is UI? I'm looking for a way to be able to change the message notification sounds.

Go to the settings, sounds, notification ringtone.

Right, that I figured out. I was looking to make a custom one. On my Instinct, I had the General Lee horn. I want to do that again.

Right, that I figured out. I was looking to make a custom one. On my Instinct, I had the General Lee horn. I want to do that again.

There are plenty of ringtone/notification apps you can download.

I have figured out the ringtones using myxer. Can you turn me on to a notification tones spot?

Ringdroid lets you cut sections of any songs on your SD card to a ringtone. Those ringtones can be used as Notifcation ones as well, although you may want to use shorter clips. 'Ringtone' is another that has pre-made notification tones.

I'm due for a new phone this coming month with Verizon. I've been a blackberry user for years and years now, but I'm able to get away from them now that my company has no enterprise server as of this year.

E-Mail/Syncable Calander/Ability to open PDFs/Global Ready are my only real needs.

Most people in my office got the I-Phone right away, so they are all still very high on it. I am not "careful" with my phone so I don't really want something that will shatter like an I-Phone.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ringdroid lets you cut sections of any songs on your SD card to a ringtone. Those ringtones can be used as Notifcation ones as well, although you may want to use shorter clips. 'Ringtone' is another that has pre-made notification tones.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.