Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fedorov#91

The Smartphone Thread

Just got a blackberry torch the other day. I am so glad I didn't get an iphone.

Hate the torch, love my iphone haha

Got to play with the Moto XOOM yesterday. I'm blown away. PLUS the bootloader can be unlocked for the devise to be rooted. Too good to be true.

for that price, it better be amazing

i think a lot of people are going to wait to see how good the ipad 2 is and then pick one of the two. unless they seriously upgraded the specs on the ipad 2 i think a lot of people will be buying the xoom.

The initial reports had it closer to $1200, I had not seen the new, lower prices. It's not too bad at the new prices.

will it blow away the ipad 2? dunno till the specs are out - but once they release flash and update to 4g it should be able to compete pretty well.

Anyone know if the iPad 2 will not be a big iPod like the 1st one?

Need some help.

My broke my incredible and just received a new one. I downloaded all the same apps and everything. Now using handcent sms for texting,

I have no sound, yes, my volume is on. I checked through all the settings and just cant seem to find the solution. Also, I have little blue time clocks right next to the texts that I send out, again I cant find the solution. Any ideas?

Thanks guys

If someone has a smartphone, and already has a laptop, would there be any use for a tablet?

I ask, because I'm still trying to figure out how a tablet would be useful to me.

Better for web browsing than a smart phone, longer battery than a laptop. Great for people that fly a lot or spend a lot of time doing "low power" things like internet, ebooks and audio. Sucks for typing or handling large files.

For example, you can cook then look up a recipe on a tab quickly than a laptop and more user friendly than a smartphone. It's a good tool for people on the go. I'm sure people in the military and law enforcement will have them as a staple in their equipments sooner or later.

Better for web browsing than a smart phone, longer battery than a laptop. Great for people that fly a lot or spend a lot of time doing "low power" things like internet, ebooks and audio. Sucks for typing or handling large files.

In addition to Chads comments. Good for someone who does presentations, our health care provider the other day had one and used it as reference as she did a presentation for us. I could see myself using it with web design for presentations and examples too.

FYI for those with Android phones. Poisoned apps were found at the Android Market. They've been taken down, but you might want to confirm that those aren't among the apps that any of you have downloaded

By the way, with this new skin of MSH 3, is there anyway to adjust the settings to make the hyperlinks look different, so people can more readily tell a link was used in the post?

The problem is that while it may look good for one page, it looks like crap elsewhere. Same happens on the regular skin. I tried using blue but then visited links became red and didn't fit with the overall scheme.

I went ahead and greyed it out. See if that works better.

OK, so a dilemma: My new job is taking me out of the country, and my Evo is going to be a useless brick. I have to ditch Sprint (with the lovely ET Fee, naturally). I need a global phone, no? Say, a Droid 2 Global from Verizon? Or should I switch to another GSM carrier?

OK, so a dilemma: My new job is taking me out of the country, and my Evo is going to be a useless brick. I have to ditch Sprint (with the lovely ET Fee, naturally). I need a global phone, no? Say, a Droid 2 Global from Verizon? Or should I switch to another GSM carrier?

I was happy with the service from verizon when I went to China with my moto q.

If I were you, I'd just get a world phone with Sprint. There's not that many of them, but they do exist.

But I guess the question is; what do you do on your phone?

Puts AT&T in the "4g" game, which they started advertising for before this deal was announced. Also, add's to their weak ass communications infrastructure.

All in all, good for AT&T, and current AT&T consumers...

Zach

Puts AT&T in the "4g" game, which they started advertising for before this deal was announced. Also, add's to their weak ass communications infrastructure.

All in all, good for AT&T, and current AT&T consumers...

Zach

Only if this goes through and theres a chance it might not. Needs FCC and Justice Department approval and theres been a lot of talk about this merger bringing in a dual monopoly between AT&T and Verizon in the future.

I'm becoming bored with my phone so I'm wondering if any of you tech guys in here can give me some idea if I should check out the Motorola Atrix. I had an iPhone and have a Blackberry now so pretty much the only thing left is Android for me to try and I'm just wondering if anyone has the Atrix. My friend works in Best Buy mobile but I'm not sure if he's just looking to make a sale haha.