Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jeffw

Special skates & sticks for the Winter Classic

I guess I'm in the minority. I think they're atrocious. ONE95/8090/S9 would've looked better.

Yeah. I think they should have left the skates alone on this one.

Anyone look at that gallery on the pens site and see how small the locker rooms were..daaamn!

???

That room normally holds football players? Yikes? or is that the smaller room set aside for kickers/punters *L*

Anyone look at that gallery on the pens site and see how small the locker rooms were..daaamn!

???

That room normally holds football players? Yikes? or is that the smaller room set aside for kickers/punters *L*

They said something about laying down ruber mats and blocking off part of the room in the stories leading up to the game.

In the retro XXXX shot of malkin....I love the shopping cart and cheap plastic catering chair.

You can tell the NHL doesnt have a lot of experience with sideline stuff- the NFL wouldnt let crappy looking stuff like that near the sidelines. Everything has to be professional and tidy- same as the NBA. It was distracting to me during the game, seeing all the random garbage, tripods, chairs, and other assorted stuff strewn randomly around the rink.

Try Ritalin.

In the retro XXXX shot of malkin....I love the shopping cart and cheap plastic catering chair.

You can tell the NHL doesnt have a lot of experience with sideline stuff- the NFL wouldnt let crappy looking stuff like that near the sidelines. Everything has to be professional and tidy- same as the NBA. It was distracting to me during the game, seeing all the random garbage, tripods, chairs, and other assorted stuff strewn randomly around the rink.

Try Ritalin.

Try presenting your marquee event professionally to a (potentially) gigantic audience. Lets be honest- the NHL needed to this to come off well. It distracts me because this is the sort of thing I've routinely dealt with from these other leagues, and now I see why they are such pains in the asses about that sort of thing. One of the major leagues was going to ban jeans for sideline media at one point.

Instead of a shopping cart for the soaker's how about a black bin with the NHL shield on the side? Instead of randomly placed white plastic chairs against the blue backed boards how about a small set of VIP seating? Someone should have gotten that Tripod that was just sitting there a feet from the boards near the corner out of there in the 1st period- but it sat there the whole game. At one point I saw a security guy leaning on it. Just tacky. Maybe next year just run about 10 feet of black material out from the boards below the glass all the way around with a few little pits at the camera ports for media. This would make a nice clean shot for the broadcasts.

In an indoor NHL arena the fans right up to the edge block any view of cabling, tripods, bags, etc. The boards block any view of the trash around the benches, towels, etc.

I assure you if they do it again next year it will be tight and tidy around the rink, with far less personnel running around. If I noticed it, Bettman, with his NBA background sure as hell noticed it.

I want the NHL to succeed and get back on major networks, badly. You have to look 1st class tom compete with the big three. The NHL did not with the classic. They should have figured out the corner ice cracking months ago as opposed to all the stoppages to fix it. If it was anticipated it was fixable.

They were very lucky to get their premiere product out there though (shootout).

Try Ritalin.

If you think that's bad, you should watch a Canadian Football League game.

here is what the one95's would look like in malkins colors haha incase anyone wanted to see! its a fast job but you get the idea

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/k_ody/One953.jpg

Crap coloring, but you get the point. I personally would love to see a proper job done of making those skates truely like the models of old. Lets get some chrome colored holders so we get the full leather on steel look.

One-off for Winter Classic, limited run made for charity. Not available at retail or custom order.

What exactly does made for charity mean? Will they be auctioning them off?

One-off for Winter Classic, limited run made for charity. Not available at retail or custom order.

What exactly does made for charity mean? Will they be auctioning them off?

Nah, they're going to take 'em to Kenya and put starving children in them.

Sally Struthers had it all wrong.

:)