Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hiub

Custom Glove Gallery

Stock palm they still use in the Warrior gloves; micro nash.

And that is not single layer. You can see the overlay coming right down the center of the palm.

I thought so too at first but it feels different than the others, softer and not as thick. I dunno, maybe it's a mind trick.

Edited by shoeshine boy

i'm also thinking about some Sabres colored Franchises. according to the customizer (as i'm sure many of you well know), the only way to get "golden yellow" and "silver" is in carbon or classic. carbon doesn't suit my taste, personally. i'm not sure i'd be a huge fan of the tufftek/leather combo, so does anyone think they'd be able to do all tufftek without my having to sacrifice the color scheme? also, someone posted a pair of Franchises with mesh gussets--is that available to non-Warrior employees/insiders? thanks.

2wda5oj.jpg

Edited by colindpratt

i'm also thinking about some Sabres colored Franchises. according to the customizer (as i'm sure many of you well know), the only way to get "golden yellow" and "silver" is in carbon or classic. carbon doesn't suit my taste, personally. i'm not sure i'd be a huge fan of the tufftek/leather combo, so does anyone think they'd be able to do all tufftek without my having to sacrifice the color scheme? also, someone posted a pair of Franchises with mesh gussets--is that available to non-Warrior employees/insiders? thanks.

I actually just asked about that too. The response I got was that it is just available to pro's and in special cases. But this response came from a guy at a shop who places all the custom orders and not warrior. Plenty of people on here have been able to get custom work down when they just talked directly to warrior, so I would give that a shot rather than trying to work that out through a store.

The silver stripe on the Buffalo jersey has a texture to it, so the silver in carbon would somewhat match

As someone with tufftek Franchise's with leather detailing, I can tell you that it works well. The pinky stripe and cuff would be great in leather, but I'm not sure about the silver racing stripes. I would suggest switching up your design to having a silver leather stripe down the center instead of the two stripes; just my opinion.

Regarding the mesh gussets, I simply asked and they did it. I didn't contact Warrior directly or anything, I just wrote it in the comments section of the form and gave it to my local shop. Good luck.

As someone with tufftek Franchise's with leather detailing, I can tell you that it works well. The pinky stripe and cuff would be great in leather, but I'm not sure about the silver racing stripes. I would suggest switching up your design to having a silver leather stripe down the center instead of the two stripes; just my opinion.

Regarding the mesh gussets, I simply asked and they did it. I didn't contact Warrior directly or anything, I just wrote it in the comments section of the form and gave it to my local shop. Good luck.

any way you could post some pics of yours? i'd love to get a better sense of what i might be in for. thanks.

personally I find the silver carbon a little too flashy. I did it on my first pair of customs:

customwarriors-1.jpg

for my second pair (made to replace the first pair after I decided I should've upsized rather than downsized) I went with leather (classic) for the silver rather than the carbon. I'm 1000% happier with it:

newwarriors.jpg

I have since blacked out the white stitching on the black carbon stripe.

re-edited with picture sized correctly. sorry about that mods. when I previewed it the pic wasn't that big.

Edited by shoeshine boy
Changed MASSIVE picture to a link

For those of you with the old and new versions of the Franchise, what do you think of the new "Blooming" cuff? Are there any other major differences in fit?

Don't know if I posted these. Our team gloves.

AHHHH St Vincent! I don't know how many SVC guys I've seen during sticktime at Center Ice. It gets annoying when there's 4 or 5 team guys there being all douchy to the sucky people.

AHHHH St Vincent! I don't know how many SVC guys I've seen during sticktime at Center Ice. It gets annoying when there's 4 or 5 team guys there being all douchy to the sucky people.

Sorry? :huh:

I'm a goalie, don't blame me. :(

Sorry? :huh:

I'm a goalie, don't blame me. :(

No worries. It's not all SVC guys, I've come across jerks of all ages. I just notice a lot of SVC guys at the rink because they're always in their team gear and they stick together. Most guys I run across are cool.

does anyone know if the blooming cuff on the franchise gloves are standard on this years line, or are they an option you have to ask for?

I have them up on page 110 of this thread. Here's the link: http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...st&p=738592

The white stripes are leather and show almost no wear at all yet.

thanks for the link to those pics, Steve. sorry, i didn't realize you were the one who posted those ones w/ the mesh gussets.

i think if i do go ahead w/ the franchises, i'll probably opt for a simpler color scheme (just black and white) and do the white in leather as it does seem to give a nice, clean look as an accent and would seem easier to maintain/more wear-resistant.

how do the mesh gussets hold up? going back and forth about those. also, was there an up charge to add them?

I just got this back from prostockhockey gear. I requested mesh gussets;

"warrioir considers mesh gussets a pro option. They will not do them on their custom gloves. Only what is available on the website."

how do the mesh gussets hold up? going back and forth about those. also, was there an up charge to add them?

No issue at all with the mesh gussets yet. I do take care of my gear though and play beer league hockey but as I said, no issue yet and I couldn't be happier with that choice. I'm really not too sure if there was an upcharge or not. I was prepared to pay a certain price for the gloves and once my LHS confirmed it would be below that number, I didn't really ask for a breakdown.

From someone at Warrior: "We can do mesh gussets at no additional charge, simply add a note in the comments about this"

So it looks like a little sweet talking to prostockhockeygear is in order. I'm hoping to do there custom deal by the end of the month but I think I want the mesh gussets if I'm going to pay that much.

If i order a custom pair of warriors? does it have to be sent to the local hockey store? or can/would warrior send them directly to me?