Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Nike/Bauer Supreme ONE95 Initial Thoughts

usahockey22;I'm loving my S-15s. These one95s do look nice though...first Bauer skates in a while that I might become a fan of with the more traditional/modern look combination

I agree 100%!!! NBH did a great job. The blue is even growing on me.

I like the look of the One95's. Modern looking without looking like space boots from a B-rated sci-fi movie.

Looking forward to hearing JR's initial skate impression

I was around my LHS and I've never really picked given the s15 a chance, they look great and they are wicked light but after picking up the skate and looking in at the liner, right at the tendon guard ... "designed in canada" and in french!!!

I would never buy that skate, I dont care about the performance specs... top of the line skate not made in Canada! thats a joke in my opinion

back to the one95... beautiful skate, its going to take a lot to get me out of my one90's, from what i hear the only downside to the one90 is the durability and considering I just graduated from college my competitive days are done. beer league cant break down my one90s

As long as QC standards at the factory are up to snuff, there's no reason to think that the skates are of inferior quality. It keeps costs down in the long run; yes that means some jobs have left Canada, but that's just one of the consequences of living in today's world...

--nick--

Won't be skating for a bit - spent three days bedridden with food poisoning. Sudden movements KILL ME.

How come?

top of the line skate not made in Canada! thats a joke in my opinion

My Flexlites beg to differ.

And there might be a few pairs of Grafs made in Switzerland that might want something to say as well.

Oh, and Kors.

As long as QC standards at the factory are up to snuff, there's no reason to think that the skates are of inferior quality. It keeps costs down in the long run; yes that means some jobs have left Canada, but that's just one of the consequences of living in today's world...

--nick--

My custom Missions were made in china and were absolutely perfect. They even held up better than the retail modeI had.

We live in a global economy. If Canadians feel hockey gear prices are insane now, they would be out of the game they love if they had to pay retail for all their gear to be "Made in Canada."

That note aside, I see more and more NHLers using their new ONE95s.

top of the line skate not made in Canada! thats a joke in my opinion

My Vapor 40s, made in China - designed in Canada - are simply the best skates that I have ever had. Both in performance and build quality.

I dont get the reason behind the LS2.1 steel. If i have a lighspeed 2 piece of steel and profile it for an 11ft radius, isn't the same amount of blade going to touch the ice as if I profiled the LS2.1 for an 11ft radius?

FINALLY skated yesterday -

Undid top eyelet, flopped the tongues and there I went.

First skate: they felt tons better than ONE90 - totally different feeling. I think the word I'm looking for is fluid - very responsive.

Did have issues with the right skate - it is a touch narrow in the forefoot for me and is pressing on a bone. Shouldn't be a problem taking care of that.

This may sound hokey, but they don't feel like anything I've ever worn. It's really hard to explain, and I am sure that once I skate in them more I'd get a better grasp on it.

First skate: they felt tons better than ONE90 - totally different feeling. I think the word I'm looking for is fluid - very responsive.

Did have issues with the right skate - it is a touch narrow in the forefoot for me and is pressing on a bone. Shouldn't be a problem taking care of that.

I just received a test pair, too. Yesterday I was on the skates for 45 minutes. I had the exact same slight pinch on the right skate inside forefoot. I just left the laces loose and had no problem with that on ice. The boot has so much support that the laces do not need to be tied very tight at all.

I agree, the ONE95 is not your father's ONE90. An extremely responsive skate that just takes off under you on ice in a very positive way. When you first see the skate, don't judge it by what it looks like or you think it feels like. Skating in the ONE95 was amazing. The LS2.1 runner was also a great set-up. It rides tight into and out of the corners and is great on the long backstretch straightaways going coast-to-coast. I am looking forward to getting in a game tonight with the ONE95.

BTW, once you see the ONE95 you will truly understand why the ONE95 doesn't blow out in the puck shooting video like the S15.

I just received a test pair, too. Yesterday I was on the skates for 45 minutes. I had the exact same slight pinch on the right skate inside forefoot. I just left the laces loose and had no problem with that on ice. The boot has so much support that the laces do not need to be tied very tight at all.

I agree, the ONE95 is not your father's ONE90. An extremely responsive skate that just takes off under you on ice in a very positive way. When you first see the skate, don't judge it by what it looks like or you think it feels like. Skating in the ONE95 was amazing. The LS2.1 runner was also a great set-up. It rides tight into and out of the corners and is great on the long backstretch straightaways going coast-to-coast. I am looking forward to getting in a game tonight with the ONE95.

BTW, once you see the ONE95 you will truly understand why the ONE95 doesn't blow out in the puck shooting video like the S15.

Thanks for the quick review, im looking forward to read two excessive reviews in the near future. Btw, im really jealous.