Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Nike/Bauer Supreme ONE95 Initial Thoughts

What is the general consensus regarding the One90? It seems quite a few on here are hoping that the One95 is a vast improvement. A couple nights ago at the LHS, the guy there said the One90 has drawn some rather "mixed" reviews. I guess it didnt perform like people thought it would..Or maybe it was the construction issues with the skate..I dont know.

It just did not fit that many people CORRECTLY.

And to those comparing it to Vapor - Supreme has always been a wider skate. Nothing has changed.

What is the general consensus regarding the One90? It seems quite a few on here are hoping that the One95 is a vast improvement. A couple nights ago at the LHS, the guy there said the One90 has drawn some rather "mixed" reviews. I guess it didnt perform like people thought it would..Or maybe it was the construction issues with the skate..I dont know.

The One90 got some bad reputation due the holders.

Quick question JR, how much down spec'ed is the Supreme One75?

Was curious about the One75's myself.

Is the difference between the One75 and the One95 equal to the difference between the One70 and the One90?

Seemed to a pretty big gap between the 70 and 90.

It's going to be pretty much an ONE90 with more volume. At the price it'll be at, it'll do very well. Still going to be a very advanced skate.

That seems to be a pretty good value.

And to those comparing it to Vapor - Supreme has always been a wider skate. Nothing has changed.

I would agree that a lot of people were fitted incorrectly or wanted to be in the One90 whether or not it was the proper skate for their foot.

It's going to be pretty much an ONE90 with more volume. At the price it'll be at, it'll do very well. Still going to be a very advanced skate.

That seems to be a pretty good value.

I would agree that a lot of people were fitted incorrectly or wanted to be in the One90 whether or not it was the proper skate for their foot.

Exactly right.

Quick question JR, how much down spec'ed is the Supreme One75?

Was curious about the One75's myself.

Is the difference between the One75 and the One95 equal to the difference between the One70 and the One90?

Seemed to a pretty big gap between the 70 and 90.

Keep in mind that the ONE75 will be made overseas - where it is cheaper to make it. Explains ONE90 tech but at a lower price.

I was speaking in terms of vapor. I assumed that all skates were to be outsourced except customs... I guess that only goes for vapor. <_<

Hey JR, in the first post of this thread you said they supplied you with a heel lift. Where can I buy them at? Is it commercially available?

Thanks,

Michael

New Vapor XXXX

The big problem with that skates line, is that the high end model look awful compared to the lower models.

Just take a look at the NHB 08 catalogue, one55 have better looking/style than one one75 which have better looking/style than one 95 (they are too shiny, their alive stuff looks like cheap plastic) :(

Only Easton got it right, when you buy their top of the line you have the "all package" best tech, best looking, best style B)

The big problem with that skates line, is that the high end model look awful compared to the lower models.

Just take a look at the NHB 08 catalogue, one55 have better looking/style than one one75 which have better looking/style than one 95 (they are too shiny, their alive stuff looks like cheap plastic) :(

Only Easton got it right, when you buy their top of the line you have the "all package" best tech, best looking, best style B)

I going out on a lim and saying that is personal opinion... the s15s are pretty shinny looking to me... and there is to much grey

IMO one95s look great... nice clean black...almost and an old school skate from the stands... obviously they are going to look shinny when there is a camera flash 6in away

Great looking pair of blades J.R. They look like they'll conform right to your foot. I hope you get years of enjoyment out of those puppies.

About that Easton, I notice you left out "best durability." The S15 toe cap isn't so good looking after a month on ice. :huh:

I saw a pair at a pro shop a couple weeks ago that had the exact same problem....it looked really bad.

Its not a prob on Custom S15 mine are not even damaged.

I back this. Mine are fine as well, being on a custom/pro stock model.

About that Easton, I notice you left out "best durability." The S15 toe cap isn't so good looking after a month on ice. :unsure:

Have had my S15's going on 8 months now and the toecaps are getting nasty but only commetics. Not that it was anythng that I wasnt expecting to happen.

I personally like a skate that looks used not new. Adds charictor. I think that goes for all skates.

Have had my S15's going on 8 months now and the toecaps are getting nasty but only commetics. Not that it was anythng that I wasnt expecting to happen.

I personally like a skate that looks used not new. Adds charictor. I think that goes for all skates.

Exactly...I'm loving my S-15s. These one95s do look nice though...first Bauer skates in a while that I might become a fan of with the more traditional/modern look combination.