Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oggy_3

Canadian food

clamato is canadian?

Clamato itself isn't Canadian, however add vodka and you have a Bloody Caesar- the "definitive" Canadian mixed drink.

You're forgetting Worcestershire, tobasco, and a drop of lemon juice. Don't think its possible to find a better drink.

good call on smarties... although i can find them here now too.

mr big?

Smarties over m&m's any day of the week. As long as were talking about the Canadian Nestle' smarties and not the pastel colored powder tablets we have here.

What about perogies?

perogies are delicious but i never associated that with canada.

and yes, the 'canadian m&ms" not the chalky crap smarties! :]

And Montreal exotical dancers.

We prefer politically correct names here, that would be the "Canadian Ballet"

Correction. It's Quebec ballet.

Beaver Tales, Tim Hortons, Maple season is comming up soon, Poutine is a good one, Chocolate candy bars are alot better then the US' and Mexico's, maybe something that has been hunted like cariboo, dear, moose or bear.

+1 for the beaver tails... Eating a bear? lol Not for me

They must be some pretty crazy strippers to get all that recognition. I don't know how they can be crazier than Winnipeg. You can find girls doing ping pong ball shows to them just plain old going down on each other.

That's just the montreal troupe, there are some other outposts with their own casts. Places like Niagara Falls and Windsor.

how abot some Canadian chocolate. It tastes different than U.S. chocolate. Poutine is the bomb, if I could get some of the gravy and cheese curds sent to me I would be in food heaven...what kind of gravy is it anyways??? When we were in Quebec it seemed like we had 2 or 3 orders a day.

I f'n love POUTINE.

And Molson XXX.

That's just the montreal troupe, there are some other outposts with their own casts. Places like Niagara Falls and Windsor.

Now were talking...how about a bottle of Yukon Jack, and a few portions of poutine eaten off the smooth toned belly of a Montreal stripper; er I mean Montreal Dancer/Ballerina.

OHHHHHHHHH Canada!!!

clamato is canadian?

Clamato itself isn't Canadian, however add vodka and you have a Bloody Caesar- the "definitive" Canadian mixed drink.

You're forgetting Worcestershire, tobasco, and a drop of lemon juice. Don't think its possible to find a better drink.

Yep, was corrected in Toronto my first time when I wanted a Bloody Mary. Caesars are much better. :)

I was going to say Tim Horton's too... but I jumped on their site for shits and giggles and sure enough, there's a ton of them right in Rhode Island. (1 state south of me)

OWned by Wendy's

If you're making them by yourself you should try the Extra Spicy Clamato. Extra spicy = extra delicious. Red eye's are also pretty good. Pour some clam in your beer, takes away the foam. Easy chugging.

how abot some Canadian chocolate. It tastes different than U.S. chocolate. Poutine is the bomb, if I could get some of the gravy and cheese curds sent to me I would be in food heaven...what kind of gravy is it anyways??? When we were in Quebec it seemed like we had 2 or 3 orders a day.

its chicken gravy

Smoked meat, fiddleheads, tarte au sucre, maple candy (probably the best bet, since it won't spoil), maple syrup, and the BEST DAMNED BAGELS IN THE WORLD.

(St. Viateur, not Fairmount)

--nick--

Smoked meat, fiddleheads, tarte au sucre, maple candy (probably the best bet, since it won't spoil), maple syrup, and the BEST DAMNED BAGELS IN THE WORLD.

--nick--

ahhh the bagels is a gutsy call my friend. Props on the Caeser fellas, all-dressed chips, and of course god-send Tim Horton's and my buddy from back hme who sends me my monthly shipment of it to Florida for me. God love him. But the number one has to be Poutine, which I found out is commonly called "disco fries" in the US, but they lack the cheese 'curds'. Which..is key.

I was going to say Tim Horton's too... but I jumped on their site for shits and giggles and sure enough, there's a ton of them right in Rhode Island. (1 state south of me)

OWned by Wendy's

That'd explain the one near me that was right next to a Wendy's that eventually closed after 3 months.

And in response to Chadd's reply... I know Horton's is a Canadian staple, but when I noticed they're in the states, etc- I kinda steered away from offering it as a Canadian delicacy. I mean, if I foreign friend asked for American delights, I could take him to McDonald's... but I'd prefer looking for something a little more unique. haha

good call on smarties... although i can find them here now too.

mr big?

Smarties over m&m's any day of the week. As long as were talking about the Canadian Nestle' smarties and not the pastel colored powder tablets we have here.

What about perogies?

thats straight Polish my man

--nick--

Fiddleheads baby. Straight from the Tobique!

you say bagels, i think NY, not Canada.

pirogies are indeed straight up polish

and Mello Yello can be found in the south eastern united states.