Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oggy_3

Canadian food

So i need to give my buddy from Mexico something Canadian food wise. He goes to my school and for break is going home and is going to bring me Mexican food, so i want to be able to give him something Canadian... Any ideas?? also something Canadian that i can give him that he would be able to keep

clamato is canadian?

poutine is the only thing that comes to mind. as a kid, i was under the impression that mello yello, nutella, A&W, tim horton's, and red robin were exclusively canadian. but i've long since discovered that they just didn't have any in socal when i moved here. although i still haven't seen mello yello or tim horton's around here.

I was going to say Tim Horton's too... but I jumped on their site for shits and giggles and sure enough, there's a ton of them right in Rhode Island. (1 state south of me)

I was going to say Tim Horton's too... but I jumped on their site for shits and giggles and sure enough, there's a ton of them right in Rhode Island. (1 state south of me)

Just because there are Tim's in the US doesn't mean that it isn't a Canadian thing. There's a McDonald's in Russia but it's still an icon of American culture, just like Tim's is an icon of Canadian culture.

like others said - tim hortons & poutine are what comes to mind when thinking of canadian foods.

what about a 6 pack of molson canadian? lol

Problem with tim hortons is he has been here since September and goes to the mall everyweek so i imagine he has had it already. I like the 6 pack idea but he is in grade 9 and i think i would get in some trouble for giving him beer even those he has it at home.

Beaver Tales, Tim Hortons, Maple season is comming up soon, Poutine is a good one, Chocolate candy bars are alot better then the US' and Mexico's, maybe something that has been hunted like cariboo, dear, moose or bear.

clamato is canadian?

Clamato itself isn't Canadian, however add vodka and you have a Bloody Caesar- the "definitive" Canadian mixed drink.

i had no idea of this alleged tie between bloody caesars and canada, haha :]

rye & coke would be more canadian... or at least by name a calgary red eye

then again he said his friend was in 9th grade so i suppose this was all irrelevant :]

From Wiki:

In the U.S. it is known as a clamdigger,[citation needed] and many Canadians living abroad prize a bartender who can mix a good Caesar. It is thus popularly known as the "official cocktail" of Canada.

From Wiki:

In the U.S. it is known as a clamdigger,[citation needed] and many Canadians living abroad prize a bartender who can mix a good Caesar. It is thus popularly known as the "official cocktail" of Canada.

You lose all credibility for using WIKI as a source...youre in college, you know better!

Seriously, some sort of dead 4 legged animal. Thats what I think of when I think Canadian food....that or Smarties.

Zach