Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oggy_3

Canadian food

Kraft Dinner, anywhere else they just call it macaroni and cheese.

Harvey's Burger with everything, last time I was back I couldn't believe they'd changed the fries.

Swiss Chalet, thank god they didn't change the fries.

peemeal bacon (god I miss that)

Moose Milk ancient eastern Canadian secret we had in the army every year around Christmas time. Not so much of a secret in the google era. Go easy cause it'll sneak up on you.

Joe Louis

A real deli with a warm rare rost beef sandwich.

a decent tasting candy bar

Gravy and cheese fries? That's all it is?

Ya can't understand, it's like a magic recipe. You're like, WTF, are those the ingredients? It all makes sense when they come together : :P

I suppose it could be good. I love gravy fries, and I love cheese fries, but never had them together. It's a worthy kitchen experiment for the weekend I suppose. Should also throw out that salty fries dipepd in vanilla ice cream is excellent, though I suppose that's more American than Canadian? Still delicious.

I used to do the McDonald's fries dipped in my ice cream cone as a kid.

White Spot grilled cheese ftw.

Just a guess, but is that a Grilled Cheese with Egg on it?? I'm guessing because on the UVA Campus on the Corner there is a place called the White Spot which serves the Gus Burger, which is a cheeseburger with an egg sunny side up on top.

Just a guess, but is that a Grilled Cheese with Egg on it?? I'm guessing because on the UVA Campus on the Corner there is a place called the White Spot which serves the Gus Burger, which is a cheeseburger with an egg sunny side up on top.

i think he's referring to the restaurant chain called White Spot. I'm pretty sure it's mainly in B.C. with a couple locations in Alberta. They specialize in burgers and stuff. They also have a sort of fast food version of their restaurants called Triple O's.

GM Place has one, and whenever my brother and I go to the game, it's tradition.

i think he's referring to the restaurant chain called White Spot. I'm pretty sure it's mainly in B.C. with a couple locations in Alberta. They specialize in burgers and stuff. They also have a sort of fast food version of their restaurants called Triple O's.

GM Place has one, and whenever my brother and I go to the game, it's tradition.

Thats cool that one White Spot is a chain (in Canada) and another is only local (in Virginia)

^^ oh my, lmao... you know, they used to be my client many years ago

"let's go to the Spot, oh Baby, Let's go to the Spot"

I NEVER once "got it" that way...lmao

It will never be quite the same ever again Chippa.

Aren't salt & vinegar chips an "only in Canada" chip flavour??

Someone earlier suggested Tim Hortons is no longer a Canadian icon because they were bought out by Wendy's.

Tim Hortons is spun off from Wendy's now... plus the Tim Hortons guy (his name escapes me for the moment, starts with a J...) was the majority shareholder.

No, salt+vinegar chips are everywhere I've lived at. Canada gets the weird shit like "ketchup" and "everything" flavours though.

not 'everything' Mack, but 'All Dressed' :) yummy

dill pickle is good too - ketchup is great!

Still, Hawkins Cheesies, Popcorn Twists, Hickory Sticks, Kit-kat's, Aero Bars, Montreal Smoked Meat, Montreal Bagels, Poutine all rock!

Oh, and I forgot the 8-packs of clear hockey tape at Canadian Tire for $12

^^ oh my, lmao... you know, they used to be my client many years ago

"let's go to the Spot, oh Baby, Let's go to the Spot"

I NEVER once "got it" that way...lmao

It will never be quite the same ever again Chippa.

Aren't salt & vinegar chips an "only in Canada" chip flavour??

Someone earlier suggested Tim Hortons is no longer a Canadian icon because they were bought out by Wendy's.

Tim Hortons is spun off from Wendy's now... plus the Tim Hortons guy (his name escapes me for the moment, starts with a J...) was the majority shareholder.

Ron Joyce?

I was definitely one of the legion's of people ignorant to the fact that Tim Horton's was strictly Canadian. We've had them here for what seems like forever, and being that the States are notorious for tons of carbon-copy fast food/donut/sandwich shops, I just figured it was from here as well.