Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theelite

Your first love... the curve of your choice

Didn't the Tucker get renamed the Perry? If so then I have a Perry curve R6 Armor...the equivalent now would prob be the RBK new Phaneuf/old Spezza, Easton Drury/Parise, Bauer P106 and Warrior Kovalev to a lesser extent

Yeah it got renamed the Perry, but apparently they discontinued that one. The closest I've found of the new sticks is the new CCM Ovechkin curve. It's a little like the Drury curve but to a lesser degree.

Drury style. I started on the Thornton and thought I loved it, then realized after trying a Drury Style 7k that I could shoot more accurately and I could take better slapshots with the Drury style.

Ah, the Bauer Supreme 3030 in the Pronger pattern, my all time favorite. I almost went out and bought up a bunch, but decided that I didn't want Bauer making money off of killing off my favorite stick. I still haven't settled down on one yet.

In an ironic twist, after bitching his way out of Edmonton, Chris Pronger is now one of my least favorite players in the NHL.

I started off playing roller with the Kaberle/LeCavalier curves. After a long break from playing I came back to play Ice only and am using the Iginla curve on a regular basis. I want to try some other curves out.

Didn't the Tucker get renamed the Perry? If so then I have a Perry curve R6 Armor...the equivalent now would prob be the RBK new Phaneuf/old Spezza, Easton Drury/Parise, Bauer P106 and Warrior Kovalev to a lesser extent

P91A goes with the drury clones

Yeah it got renamed the Perry, but apparently they discontinued that one. The closest I've found of the new sticks is the new CCM Ovechkin curve. It's a little like the Drury curve but to a lesser degree.

Basically your problem is tps was bought by swd lol

Back in the mid 80's I played with a Koho Pro Fiber - Hitch pattern... same as the Montreal euro that came later. Messed with the KOHO Lemieux a bit as well as custom bending Koho ProFibers when I could get them. Then switched to Aluminum shafts and carried a propane torch in my bag. Late 80's and early 90's was the Titan 3020 pp33 and more custom torch bends because I like the toe to be open. To give you an idea of what I keep going back to for almost 30 years take a Shanahan and curve it more to ~5/8" and twist it so that the top of the toe is ~1/2" open compared to the bottom. I like the blade to be nearly straight from the heel to almost mid blade (still have a desurvace for a backhand) then curve and twist at the toe. Wish I would have stocked up on Montreal Europeans or another Montreal that I liked better (forget the designation) it was like the Titan pp33 blade shape with a euro curve and leaned open toe instead of square like the euro. Looks like I'll be taking a blade to the shops to see what is closest these days or stocking up on wooden replacement blades that I can torch. Problem is that I have regular and tapered shafts.... can't afford to stock up on both types.

My first love was the Verbeek curve. I played a lot of other sticks prior to that, of course, but the first pattern that really struck me was the Verbeek curve on the CCM C45 sticks.

I went from that to a Neely pattern for a while, then ended up using either Lindros, Modano, Tkachuk, and Spezza. I'd still love to find something closer to the Verbeek again.

Easton really had a Kariya curve? Damn when I was younger I would have done unspeakable things to have one (regardless of the actual curve)

FYI...Pure Hockey in Braintree had Kariya Pro stocks during my last trip there (last week). Righties (one of his bros is righty, dont recall which) and lefties.

FYI...Pure Hockey in Braintree had Kariya Pro stocks during my last trip there (last week). Righties (one of his bros is righty, dont recall which) and lefties.

The bro who is a righty is Marc

So are Steve and Martin. I've had KP Z-Carbs from Steve Kariya so maybe all of the brothers use the same curve.

yeah curves looked pretty much identical left to right in the Kariya's. Jealous that you had those in ZCarbs, would love to find any RH ZCarbs these days.

my favs are easton shanny, bauer p10 or TPS p14... anyone know where i can find ops/blades

Well the Shanahan is being renamed to Cammalleri so you will be able to get that curve when Easton starts releasing them.

yeah curves looked pretty much identical left to right in the Kariya's. Jealous that you had those in ZCarbs, would love to find any RH ZCarbs these days.

There's a RH pro stock Z-Carbon in the Sale section right now I believe.

Also, I was at the Blues game this past week and saw one of the last remaining Kariya UltraLites there. SO much different than the retail Easton stuff. Felt just like the old brown UltraLites, but MUCH lighter. His curve was pretty small as well, just my style.

There's a RH pro stock Z-Carbon in the Sale section right now I believe.

Also, I was at the Blues game this past week and saw one of the last remaining Kariya UltraLites there. SO much different than the retail Easton stuff. Felt just like the old brown UltraLites, but MUCH lighter. His curve was pretty small as well, just my style.

Smaller than the top blade in this pic?

img0204pw.jpg

Smaller than the top blade in this pic?

img0204pw.jpg

Different blade profile, but similar curve.

I was going to reference the pattern database for a pic, but it's down at the moment! It's taller than the Modano pro there. Whereas that blade is nearly uniform height for the entire length of the blade, the Kariya is thicker and gets even slightly taller towards the toe. And based on the curve pics I've seen of that generation of Mo's pro pattern, the Kariya is a little flatter and slightly more of a mid.

Just like this stick:

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/Paul_Kariya_Black_Easton_Game_Used_Stick_Autographed-1902-59.html

Here's the righty clone of Kariya's blade:

innovativekariya1jp.jpg

Different blade profile, but similar curve.

I was going to reference the pattern database for a pic, but it's down at the moment! It's taller than the Modano pro there. Whereas that blade is nearly uniform height for the entire length of the blade, the Kariya is thicker and gets even slightly taller towards the toe. And based on the curve pics I've seen of that generation of Mo's pro pattern, the Kariya is a little flatter and slightly more of a mid.

Just like this stick:

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/Paul_Kariya_Black_Easton_Game_Used_Stick_Autographed-1902-59.html

Here's the righty clone of Kariya's blade:

innovativekariya1jp.jpg

Kinda looks like Crosbys pro curve. Yikes.