Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theelite

Your first love... the curve of your choice

Bauer Francis, the best retail curve ever.

I didn't think I was going to see that curve listed. I loved that thing. I ordered blades in that pattern for a couple years too. The Bure curve was good too.

What would the Francis curve be equivalent to now...

I have been loving the p92/crosby curve lately.

Shanny all the way ... was a god sent when Monkey had the Mission pro stock tapered blades.

Played with Shanny for years, then when they stopped it ... slowly moved down the curve to heels, then back up to mids, and now have my beloved back ... at least til they break!

the original thorton curve on the eastons. its funny i cant really remember what it looked like all i know is that i loved it.

It is basically the Lidstrom these days.

Thornton wasn't nearly as deep and had much less loft. I remember cleaning out the Peranis in Pittsburgh every time I went back to visit my in-laws because there were a couple guys back here who loved that curve.

Was this curve similar to the old Louisville Lockjaw Thornton pattern?

I don't recall the lockjaw Thornton

It was a mild mid/heel, ever so slightly open with a long blade and a ridiculous profile. It was really tall at the toe and got thinner at the hosel. If you tied to insert in a shaft, you had to cut an inch and half off your stick because the lockjaw apperatus made the hosel super long. It's singular best use was as a boat paddle.

+1 for the P10/Bure. Was also a fan of the Desjardins, but only the Vapor 4 model with the square toe, not in the other Bauer blades that had it with a rounded toe.

Before that a Sher-wood, can't remember if it was Style 43 or Style 44. It came as a woodie on their predecessor to the Iron Carbon stick, had graphite running down the side. If I remember correctly it was illegal as could be. I used to love those things in Peewee.

Titan Infusion Selanne (white blade, not the TSM8). I had gotten it from my LHS once when I was a kid and loved it, but could never find it again until i picked up 10 of 'em on ebay a couple of years back.

I also used to love the old bauer 330 lindros, and it's definitely a different curve from the P88.

Nowadays, I'm a modano/forsberg/tkachuk/pm9/federov/etc. whore.

add another for the shanny. why doesn't easton put another name on it. the org yzerman started out as daniel tkacuk.

right now using:

inno nueindyke and roberts.

i'm going to try out the mission z-2 ribero picked up two blades cheap. thanks jr.

the first curve i can actually remember was the sherwood paul coffey and it was a huge curve that i would just throw crazy wristers everywhere,

currently im into the sakic retail pattern

Man I remember the crazy bananas they had when I was young. Easton Euro, Easton Miller, Christian Gumby. I would say the Euro and Gumby had to be pushing 1".

The first curve i remember loving was the titan 2020 Tony Tanti. Was my first venture into a heel curve with a bit of twist. Used there sticks when i was 13 and the curve i use now hasn't changed much over 20 years later

Bauer Francis, the best retail curve ever.

I didn't think I was going to see that curve listed. I loved that thing. I ordered blades in that pattern for a couple years too. The Bure curve was good too.

What would the Francis curve be equivalent to now...

I have been loving the p92/crosby curve lately.

It was the best retail curve.. It combined all the best qualities of virtually every type of curve. I wish I saved one old blade for duplication purposes. I suppose I'd have to gun one to approx shape if I ever wanted some.

BTW-honorable mention to the jim campbell pro stock t-flex curve. An insanely useful blade once you got the hang of it.

The toe was nasty on the Soup blades, but a solid curve. I always found them in Z-Carbs so I couldn't file it down liked I did with the woodies.

I remember I had a Canadien Neely when I was a kid and I loved it, but now I couldn't tell you what it actually looked like. The Sher-Wood Bourque is my one true love, and always will be.