Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

Custom XXXX Skates w/White Tongues

s_14218055.jpg

s_73907933.jpg

s_10188097.jpg

s_70328151.jpg

These custom XXXX feature the white felt tongue, re-inforced eyelets and eyerows, the clarino lining, the Dri-Grip footbed, and the top eyelet was left off the boot.

Would be nicer if Nike would remove their damn ugly swoosh off the skates. They bought Bauer, tried to make them ugly (some argue they accomplished that), and then sold Bauer. So take your swoosh with you. Ha!

The no top eyelet is genius.

"Genius" might be pushing it. I'm sure someone has laced up a pair of skates and left out the top eyelet before.

How much does a big ugly swoosh on 4 sides of the skate weigh? I'm not a physics major, but I would think punching a hole removes weight. :P

How much does a big ugly swoosh on 4 sides of the skate weigh? I'm not a physics major, but I would think punching a hole removes weight. :P

The eyelet weghs more than the amount of material that would be punched most likely.

Oh, and to the OP, from the looks of it, you could've had the 2nd eyelet from the bottom left off too :D

Great looking skate

"Genius" might be pushing it. I'm sure someone has laced up a pair of skates and left out the top eyelet before.

Yeah that's what I always do, but if I went custom I would just leave out the eyelet.

Would be nicer if Nike would remove their damn ugly swoosh off the skates. They bought Bauer, tried to make them ugly (some argue they accomplished that), and then sold Bauer. So take your swoosh with you. Ha!

More sarcasm, right Tyler?

Are we talking body weight or water weight? That neon-green G's quite the sponge.

:)

The Green "G" on the eyelet stay of a Graf is filled with hydrogen, which creates a negative weight logo. :D

Everyone who worries about a gram is cracked out. Look at the lightest skate on the market. The S15. Think that thing could hold together for a week? Not likely. I really hope those of you who think an eyelet would weigh more than the material that is removed to install it, aren't serious.

Personally, I shave my legs before each skate to remove weight.

Yeah that's what I always do, but if I went custom I would just leave out the eyelet.

I would have thought I'd do the same but that "pinhole" would aggrivate me.

I don't think Nike has contributed anything beneficial to hockey. Bauer was better before Nike tried queering up the brand.

I don't think Nike has contributed anything beneficial to hockey. Bauer was better before Nike tried queering up the brand.

We see your bias. Save it for another thread. Thank you.

Are we talking body weight or water weight? That neon-green G's quite the sponge.

:)

The Green "G" on the eyelet stay of a Graf is filled with hydrogen, which creates a negative weight logo. :D

Everyone who worries about a gram is cracked out. Look at the lightest skate on the market. The S15. Think that thing could hold together for a week? Not likely. I really hope those of you who think an eyelet would weigh more than the material that is removed to install it, aren't serious.

Personally, I shave my legs before each skate to remove weight.

Tyler, they're not being serious, and neither are you. Now that we got that over and done with, back to the skate!

That is tan Clarino - what used to be used before they switched to silver and black.

I weighed four pieces of material punched out of an eyelet. 1gram. I weighed the eyelets. 1 gram. I am such a geek. :angry:

I would also like to say, I am not biased because of where I work. I think all brands have pros and cons. I just can't think of a pro "Nike" brought to the table. Even die-hard Bauer guys would likely agree.

For the record, the player I ordered the skate for simply did not want the top eyelet. He is an excellent skater but the weight issue everyone is bringing up is the last thing on this guy's mind. Also note the double stitch at the top of the boot for the reinforced eyelets and eyerows. That is not on a retail XXXX.