Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

Custom XXXX Skates w/White Tongues

As he said, they're just standard Vapor tongues with cosmetic white felt - so yes, they have the HD foam insert behind the mesh.

It's the easiest thing in the world to add to a tongue...

Thanks LG. Was asking because the Supreme Classic white felt tongues available as an option sure don't have the inserts in them.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that mesh 'window' on the tongue is a pretty good guarantee that there's an HD insert. If there's just synthetic leather on the face of the tongue, then they're probably the old Supreme Classics.

And if you did happen to order the Classics and felt you were missing the HD foam guard, all you'd need is a chunk of foam, a piece of nylon or synthetic leather, and a little sewing or just some contact cement. It wouldn't be super-pretty, but it wouldn't necessarily look like ass, and it would give the same effect.

Would be nicer if Nike would remove their damn ugly swoosh off the skates. They bought Bauer, tried to make them ugly (some argue they accomplished that), and then sold Bauer. So take your swoosh with you. Ha!

More sarcasm, right Tyler?

I don't think Nike has contributed anything beneficial to hockey. Bauer was better before Nike tried queering up the brand.

Actually Nike brought a lot of potential to bauer. Nike has a bunch of money which led to development of such products as the One95 and all related products. What do you think about that?

The original posters custom XXXX's with the white tongues are infact my dream skates.

One day guys, one day......

heres the link to my custom xxxxs. i would post them but i dont know how.

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/y...022_2010_449765

Damn, look at the tongue on that skate! Are you trying to get up enough speed to take off? :P

Seriously though, what benefit do you get from having such a long tongue on your skates? I'm curious.

just wondering jr did you ever play hockey

That is like 6 times stupider then any questions ive asked and I have asked some PRETTY STUPID questions.

just wondering jr did you ever play hockey

That is like 6 times stupider then any questions ive asked and I have asked some PRETTY STUPID questions.

I never thought there was such a thing as a stupid question until now. WTF? We all are now a bit stupid for reading this. May god help us all.....

Didn't want to start a new thread, so I thought I would respond to a custom XXXX thread to talk about my experience with my custom XXXXs. Man, it would have saved me two months of pain if I did this first instead of looking at switching to the One95. What a mistake.

It would be difficult at best to compare my custom XXXX to a retail pair. Other than the last of the boot, the feel was different. Going up in stiffness was a great plus. The grip liner eliminated slipping completely. The One90 tongue with the black felt was a ton more comfortable than the stock tongue. Usually, on the retail XXXX, I find myself having to clamp down on the laces to get a good fit. With these, I did not have to tie them as tight. To describe the boot in one word...SOLID. The quality of the craftsmanship of this boot is impressive.

As far as performance, the skate was amazing. I have never had to bake a retail XXXX, so I did not bake these. Right out the gate, I felt even more power than I had with my retails. The boot was so responsive. I did not have to skate hard at all to get to full speed, only requiring a few strides to get to top speed. When I pushed the skate to respond a few times while moving up into the rush on D, I was amazed by the ability to find an extra gear I had not had in years since my pro stock Nike Ignite 1 skates back in 2001. My agility was increased significantly, especially when crossing over skating backwards. I was able to slow down quickly to get closer to the forwards, and easily able to pick up speed to catch anyone trying to get around me. I have never felt more in control of my feet before. It was almost a euphoric experience.

All in all the skate exceeded my expectations for a first time wear. After this experience, I don't think I can ever buy a standard retail skate again. It took about 8 weeks for me to get my skates, but it is so worth the wait. If you are in the market for skates...seriously consider going custom. You'll be glad you did.