Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

Custom XXXX Skates w/White Tongues

Those are a work of art. Seriously...amazing looking skates. God I am such a skate/glove whore. I need a Bounty paper towel to wipe the drool off my shirt.

I just can't think of a pro "Nike" brought to the table.

The Flexlite last.

That said, I don't think the peculiarities of one skate (which, after extensive modification, happened to fit my absurd feet decently well) in any way outweighs the negative impact of Nike's business practices on the sport. Just happened to be a short-term plus for me, since I'm still trying to figure out how to get what I want in 709s. :)

DarkStar, the reinforcements are lovely work. Reminds me of custom pads made by a Toronto saddler.

I don't fit into them. They're too narrow, too shallow, and I had to blow the toecap open like a bubble to fit my big toe in.

Best I've skated in so far, however... and lovely light little skates.

Say what you will, but Nike made a few foot shapes happy.

what would be the advantages to having the clarino lining as opposed to the stock lining in the xxxx's?

I though the stock is also clarino, but black so other then the color there shouldn't be any difference correct?

Could anyone tell me if I go 1/2 size up in the uppers for a higher instep, will that also mean the boot will be a bit wider in the ankle area? Have slightly higher instep and ankles on the narrow side. I guess I'm asking b/c I'm not sure I really understand the upper or quarter stuff.

Thanks

Are felt tongues quite thicker than stock tongues?

from my experience with custom nbh felt tongues, they are a bit thicker, but its easy to get used to and kind of conforms to your foot after a little while.

Are felt tongues quite thicker than stock tongues?

Single about 1/2", double 1"

Thank you, JR.

One more if you don't mind: could the the felt tongues potentially have negative effect on lacing pattern on snug skates or give you less wrap?

I have finally realized why there's double stiching on these skates (as well as prostocks) - XXXX is only 3 weeks old & one eyelet is already falling out :(

could have been my falut though - pulling sideways right after baking...

Those are a work of art. Seriously...amazing looking skates. God I am such a skate/glove whore. I need a Bounty paper towel to wipe the drool off my shirt.

Are you sure that it's drool you need to wipe up? :ph34r:

s_14218055.jpg

s_73907933.jpg

s_10188097.jpg

s_70328151.jpg

These custom XXXX feature the white felt tongue, re-inforced eyelets and eyerows, the clarino lining, the Dri-Grip footbed, and the top eyelet was left off the boot.

those look like nice white felt tongues... the tongues on the one95's are felt but they're cheaply thin (kind of disapointing)

It's just the Vapor retail tongue in white.

You guys are going to see an absolutely sick pair of ONE95s tonight :huh:

If they are who keeps going on and on about his pair that he hasnt recieved yet, then ship them to him already! I cant take the bragging all the time from him.

Also, on a more serious note, on customs can you go less stiff than retail? Is that an option, because from what I understand, some things (like leather liner) arent an option.

Zach

Do these white felt tongues have the metatarsel guard in them or are they just the classic supreme style felt tongues?

As he said, they're just standard Vapor tongues with cosmetic white felt - so yes, they have the HD foam insert behind the mesh.

It's the easiest thing in the world to add to a tongue...