Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

3rd Jerseys for 2008-2009

I guess they could do a gray, but that would most likely turn out terrible. I'm just sick of black being the default for thirds. Even something like doing a different logo on their whites would be nice, like Toronto does with their vintage leaf.

I guess they could do a gray, but that would most likely turn out terrible. I'm just sick of black being the default for thirds. Even something like doing a different logo on their whites would be nice, like Toronto does with their vintage leaf.

I agree. As ugly as the Pred's mustard and Atlanta's baby blue were, they were original and refreshing.

Teams like the Wild have the idea for the third- White, Green and Green in a retro redesign looked great and kept the team's image instead of being "just another" black third.

Something like the silver ohio state jerseys would have worked

While I love those jerseys, wouldn't grey be too close to white? That would mean the away team would have to pack their home darks.

Thank the NHL and the dumb ass road white policy

While I love those jerseys, wouldn't grey be too close to white? That would mean the away team would have to pack their home darks.

Thank the NHL and the dumb ass road white policy

Agree complety- That has bothered me since they changed it.

The numbers certainly do pop, and I do like the striping on the arms, nice placement and glad it has a bit of an angle on it, but it's already been said, too many black jerseys, and i'm not so keen on the squares... I know it's business and they want to fit in with their other jerseys and identity, but I'm wondering, couldn't they have brought back a green Hartford throwback, a tar heel blue or something?

so is Car going to have to buy two color runs of gear, and 3 of helmets? Or are they going to keep the black base throughout?

They're using it just for the alternates.

I kinda like the bigger vector logo and I really like how Carolina released that PDF with their numbers etc.

I like it at first glance. I think it'll grow on me. The pens using their winter classic jersey is gonna be the best one though, I think there are very few color combos in the NHL that rival that scheme. I agree with all the comments on too much black as well. Woud love to see some new fresh color combos.

With regards to the Hurricanes...it is crazy how much more gear they'll need:

3 helmets (red, white, black)

2 gloves and 2 pants (red, black)