Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thejackal

Good ideas gone wrong

What's the worst equipment idea ever  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Speaking of those skates, what do you guys use to sharpen them? We usually use the jig for contouring skates just because it's the only one that works. The guy that brings them in always complains that it takes so long to sharpen them meanwhile there is hardly any steel left on them. Any other techniques?

Nope, I have to remove the steel and just sharpen the steel.

That's what I used to do at the shop. Now I just refuse to do them on my machine.

We've got a Dupliskate machine, and have no problems with them. Never used any other sharpening machines, so don't know what problems they have, but it sounds like the holders don't fit into the jigs properly. Either that or you're laughing so much you can't sharpen straight.

HMMMMMM so many choices, ok, here goes

The air core sucked!!!! Performance was zero and the stick weighed more than the easton A/G shafts.

Drive shaft by mission

way too much unneccesary weight to a skate

Mission's new pitch holder

Good idea, it opens up a whole new arena of skate customization to a market who was previously ignorant to pitch. Bad idea in the fact that the more parts you have the more chance you have of breaking stuff. The pitch holder has a lot of parts, we shall see how it holds up this year.

Perf steel..........

C'mon guys, it saves like 40 grams, you weigh about 150 lbs or more probably if your a grown man, lets think here HMMMMMM........ Less durability, probably cost me $40 to replace runners prematurely, all to save a whopping 40 grams HMMMMMMM

*Editors note Im currently using the old perf steel from my vapor 8s on my 7ooos only because I was too cheap to buy new runners

THE VAPOR XX

Note you may quote me on this one

"This is the most popular worst skate ever made!!!!!!"

Ive never seen a less durable skate for soo much money. Even little kids manage to find a way to rip the liner out of these skates in a matter of months. The support on these things is awfull after you get 2 god sweats in them. Any average high school level player will kill these skates in 2 months flat. What the hell was Bauer thinking by not putting a power eyestay on this thing???? How did the public really believe that a generic red flex notch was going to keep the boot from creasing prematurely. Ive said it since day one and Im still saying it now the vapor XX is crap!

Other bad hockey inventions that the Ghost has noticed

the PMPX8 wheel bag by sherwood, the damn thing doesnt roll unless you have it perpendicular with the floor, great job sherwood

the vector v100 stick: Great for durability but the purpose of a one piece stick is a low kick point and performance both of whick this stick has none.

The bauer 5090 and 2090, the 2 sk8s are the same thing

Sherwood skates, Ive never seen so many warranty cases from the same skate, 100% returned

the bauer air line and the ccm edge line, my god were those things awful!

Mission DNA technology on their rh skates, AWFUL

Mission Vibe Chassis, DOUBLE DOOKIE!!!! (Note: This is the Ghost's absolute worst rating possible)

Tell 'Em why U Mad Son, Tell 'Em why U Mad!!!

-The mad producer

Mission's new pitch holder

Good idea, it opens up a whole new arena of skate customization to a market who was previously ignorant to pitch. Bad idea in the fact that the more parts you have the more chance you have of breaking stuff. The pitch holder has a lot of parts, we shall see how it holds up this year.

How does the pitch holder have more parts than any other holder?

2 male screw ends

2 female screw ends

1 lock washer

1 holder

1 blade

Sorry, but I just don't see how it has too many parts...

those zippers on mission pants. they lasted me like a year. but its not a durability issue, its just when they come undone and break. and you look down and see your bare skin, and its like all red from the ice.

I have a few in mind

-Branches Fusion

-Easton Carbon chassis

-Quest 1 helmets (for sheer ugliness)

-original Bauer Tri Flex

-CCM Radioactive series gloves

-CCM reflex Bar

-Rocket Hockey ClikStix

-Bauer harpoon Lock

-Jofa Gloves

-Hespeler figure skates (anyone who has ever done the first sharpening on a pair knows why)

-Bauer Chargers (you know you had a pair once)

-Jofa cosmonaut Helmets

-Louisville Response Rubbers

I have a few in mind

-Branches Fusion

-Easton Carbon chassis

-Quest 1 helmets (for sheer ugliness)

-original Bauer Tri Flex

-CCM Radioactive series gloves

-CCM reflex Bar

-Rocket Hockey ClikStix

-Bauer harpoon Lock

-Jofa Gloves

-Hespeler figure skates (anyone who has ever done the first sharpening on a pair knows why)

-Bauer Chargers (you know you had a pair once)

-Jofa cosmonaut Helmets

-Louisville Response Rubbers

What didnt you like about the Response Rubber?

Offset blades, you know, like an offset putter? Those were bunk.

Visors... why is it that NOBODY (itech, oakley, etc.) can make a visor that you don't have to force into a vice to fit on your helmet?! It's already an annoying job to put one on, but how wide do these people think helmets are??

Silver on skates...

t'blades

super stiff skates

back in the day my brother had a pair of skates i wanna say bauer? But you could take the holder off and make them roller blades, ski's, or skates at the touch of a button. I couldnt imagine these being good at any of the three sports, as the quality seemed questionable.

For the people knocking the offset blades and T-Blades why don't you like them?

The offset blade was awful, I found myself taking more ice than I normally do (which I already take alot) so it hindered my shot as I rarely take wristers.

T-Blades - I like the glive, dislike the look and noise, but those have no barring on performance.

For the people knocking hte offset blades and T-Blades why don't you like them?

The offset blade was awful, I found myself taking more ice than I normally do (which I already take alot) so it hindered my shot as I rarely take wristers.

T-Blades - I like the glive, dislike the look and noise, but those have no barring on performance.

I actually had a lot of fun messing around with the offset blade a couple of winters ago outdoors. I got a Hespeler one for $9,99 and i would fool around and take "butterfly" shots from the other side of the rink that would dip down and go in off the crossbar. Did it more than a couple of times, too. It's not useful by any means, but it's worth a try if you can get for for next to nothing.