Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 09

Seems like there won't even be a PC version. If they aren't making a Madden game for PC, then that pretty much guarantees no NHL either.

There's definitely an NHL09 for PC just click on the pre-order button. Madden 09 on the other hand you are correct, wont' be coming out for PC. Time will tell if they put out a crap version, and force my hand into buying an 360/ps3.

I don't think there is enough of a market to warrant them developing a next gen pc game for NHL. If anything, Madden would be the first game to do such a thing. So if anything, it's just going to be NHL 2001 version 9.

I used to be a computer user, didn't like consoles in the past. Sad to hear that EA and many other companies are not longer seeing computers as viable platforms, although, with a couple of billions in sales, consoles are king.

just to let everyone know nhl 09 will have updated gear

i just downloaded a team theme from the website and put up the wallpaperand in the wall paper it shows datsyuk with the new rbk gloves, holmstrom with vaporXXXX gloves and skates, and someone on pitt (idk know who) with and s17 stick and s15 skates and easton helmet

updated gear list (hopefully not the full list of new stuff but this is from what i've seen)

Gloves:

Warrior Franchise gloves

NikeBauer Vapor XXXX Gloves

08 RBK pro gloves

Sticks:

NikeBauer Vapor XXXX

Easton S17

some weird looking all silver Easton stick (could just be the angle and the lighting)

Skates:

Easton S15

NikeBauer One95

NikeBauer Vapor XXXX

New RBK 9k

More to come I guess

+CCM Vector 10.0 Gloves

+CCM U+ Skates

+TPS R10(?) Stick

and what looks to be NBH One90 gloves

I'm pretty sure that the selection is still nothing to what 2K will have :ph34r: but as long as they have the updated stuff I'm not complaining

Some of the screenshots that show teams from european leagues show players wearing eagle gloves. So they are in the game too. Not sure if they were in last year or not.

Some of the screenshots that show teams from european leagues show players wearing eagle gloves. So they are in the game too. Not sure if they were in last year or not.

They were

Seems like there won't even be a PC version. If they aren't making a Madden game for PC, then that pretty much guarantees no NHL either.

There's definitely an NHL09 for PC just click on the pre-order button. Madden 09 on the other hand you are correct, wont' be coming out for PC. Time will tell if they put out a crap version, and force my hand into buying an 360/ps3.

Do yourself a favor and get the console version. I upgraded from pc 08 to Xbox 07 and I will never look back. Honestly its the best hockey game and one of the best all around games I have ever played. I can't wait til 09 comes out.. I will be picking it up the day it hits shelves.

Does anyone know if it is possible to pre order or reserve a copy right now?

you can probably pre-order from the official website, not 100% sure though

Does anyone know if it is possible to pre order or reserve a copy right now?

you can probably pre-order from the official website, not 100% sure though

You can also preorder from gamestop. I don't like waiting for shipping when I can drive 3 miles and just buy it from a store.

idk if any one has posted this in here but nhl09 should give you a feature when creating a player to spay paint your stick. When selecting it you can choose full, half, or 1/4.

Maybe it will happen??

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll probably pre order it from gamestop, then I can just drive right over there and pick up my reserved copy :D .

I never understood why people reserved games. How often do they run out? Halo 3 was supposed to sellout like crazy but everywhere I went there were tons of them there. What makes you think NHL 09 would sell out if no other games really do?

I never understood why people reserved games. How often do they run out? Halo 3 was supposed to sellout like crazy but everywhere I went there were tons of them there. What makes you think NHL 09 would sell out if no other games really do?

It's not so much that I think they might run out, I just like to know that I won't be wasting my time going to pick it up, only to find out that they don't have it. It's happened to me before, and it was just a little irratating, so I figure I might as well.

It's to remove any hassles. I didn't preorder MGS4 for the PS3 and had to call 7 stores to get a copy; and I got the 4th last one. Plus sometimes pre-orders get perks like free hats and shirts.

Although I don't think NHL 09 will be in that position (to sell out like crazy)

I couldn't find NHL08 in any game stores around here for a while and bought from the internet eventually. NHL09 will probably be the same. But I am in the UK afterall...... :(