Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 09

Is anyone enjoying BAP as much as I am? I LOVE it - it is ridiculously addicting. My team (Manchester Monarchs) is 5-1 and I have 9 goals and 1 assist, including 1 OT GWG, 1 SO goal, 1 hat trick and 1 4 goal game. I just got moved up to the second line for the last game.

EA has done a tremendous job.....best hockey game ever created, bar none.

On BAP or regular? Are you playing on Pro?

I beat the Ducks with Kings last night 5-4 on Pro, when I was down 4-3 heading into the third....fun game :)

Is it really hard to score in this game, or is there some trick to scoring I dont know about? Most of my games end up in a shutout.

I have found it tough to score, but the two best methods I can find are cutting into the middle off the rush and ripping a slapper or wrist shot high, or else taking it straight to the crease and dekeing it in. I find it quite tough to score from the low slot, and I'm hopeless at one-timers.

Disclaimer: I am bad at the game, I know this. And I'm playing the demo.

I can't wait to get the full version, BAP mode on the friggin demo is awesome, I probably played about 15 straight games with Zetterberg last night.

I beat the Ducks with Kings last night 5-4 on Pro, when I was down 4-3 heading into the third....fun game :)

I'm playing BAP on pro. I just got a PS3 a couple months ago, and besides playing 08 a few times on my friend's xbox, the last NHL game I played was 07 on the PC, so I'm still getting used to the skill stick and the different controls.

I have my character as a "sniper", but he is only getting a goal every other game or so. When I do score, it seems like its more luck than anything. One-timers don't seem to work very well.. players will fan or heel the pass and when you do get the shot off it either misses the net by a mile, or the goalie stops it 8 out of 10 times. I tried to be a playmaker and set up my linemates, but they are terrible at putting the puck in the net as well. One time I sent my center on a breakaway, and he curls away from the net and goes in the corner, eventually getting checked off the puck. wtf? :ph34r:

mrusse01, I've been doing mostly what you've described, but I seem to get my shots blocked a lot.

I'm playing BAP on pro. I just got a PS3 a couple months ago, and besides playing 08 a few times on my friend's xbox, the last NHL game I played was 07 on the PC, so I'm still getting used to the skill stick and the different controls.

I have my character as a "sniper", but he is only getting a goal every other game or so. When I do score, it seems like its more luck than anything. One-timers don't seem to work very well.. players will fan or heel the pass and when you do get the shot off it either misses the net by a mile, or the goalie stops it 8 out of 10 times. I tried to be a playmaker and set up my linemates, but they are terrible at putting the puck in the net as well. One time I sent my center on a breakaway, and he curls away from the net and goes in the corner, eventually getting checked off the puck. wtf? :angry:

mrusse01, I've been doing mostly what you've described, but I seem to get my shots blocked a lot.

Im having a hard time with the one timers too, just cant get the timeing right. If your teammate has the puck and is in a opportunity to score, hit the "call for shot" button.

I played for a good 3 hours last night, and just got called up to the ducks. How does this affect my season objectives? Anyone else get called up to the big squad yet?

Im having a hard time with the one timers too, just cant get the timeing right. If your teammate has the puck and is in a opportunity to score, hit the "call for shot" button.

I played for a good 3 hours last night, and just got called up to the ducks. How does this affect my season objectives? Anyone else get called up to the big squad yet?

onetimers are crazy hard; gotta time it right.

I got called up after a couple hours. (in rookie though :P ) but then i played in pro, lots different!

Damn you all!

Hopefully by Saturday I'll have a TV, 360 and NHL09. I'm jonesin to play some vid'ja games real bad.

that setup is golden. I spent a good 9 hours on it yesterday.

One-timers are hard for a reason - because in 07 and 08 they were overused and cheesy. I would MUCH rather have it this way, like in real life.

Anyone else having problems with their NHL 09 (360).

Heres what happened with mine..

I play it for 2 days no problems. Then I start getting Disc is not readable error.

Fine, I take game back and get a new one. Still same error. I think, oh it is my laser. So I try all other games (about 9) and they all work perfectly.

So now, Microsoft tells me to take out HD and run game. It works. They tell me delete all NHL 09 files then I should be fine. I do that, but when I put HD back in and delete all files I still have same problem.

I leave HD in and all games but NHL09 works.

... wtf

EDIT:

I did some research.. Apparantly this is quite a common problem from what I found on the EA forums.

If anyone has this problem... here is the solution. It worked for me.

"GO TO YOUR DASHBOARD AND GO TO MEMORY HIT Y FOR DEVICE OPTIONS AND THEN PRESS X,X,LB,RB,X,X "

I think I mite go buy an xbox just so I can play this game. I dont have any gaming systems at the moment. would an "arcade" system work with nhl 09?

Yeah but I don't think it comes with a hard drive so you'd need memory cards.

EDIT: Comes with one memory card, but it's worth it to get a drive.

play some vid'ja games real bad.

haha please tell me this is a reference to Hank Hill on Fox's King of the Hill....he's the only "person" i've ever heard call them "vid'ja" games

nhl09 is ridic, anyone else love the new rebounds that are coming off the goalies?

Haha I found out that I'm no longer in the free agent pool in 2k9 but in the Maple Leafs organization. However, there was a problem when the rosters were put in the game and I ended up as a white guy. They will make the correction when the next roster update comes out.

I haven't played it as I'm in GA sans XBox but it's being sent to my house.

NHL09 sounds dope but since I'm unemployed, I'll probably put it on the backburner for now. I'm more stoked for Rock Band 2 anyway. :)

Come on guys, PM me your gamertags so we can start a team. So far it's just me and Fury of One. We need a couple more. We are in the North East (NY/NJ) so anyone in the area, lets go!

I should be up and running this weekend, but I don't guarentee any skill. I'm in PA right now with most evenings/weekends free, but I'll be back in MI come X-mas for a long while. Same time zone though.

If you join a team how hard is it to add/drop people? I don't want to get roped into something and end up pissing people off if I flake out. :P