Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 09

Man reading this makes me cant wait to get off work so i can go home and play. Im leading the AHL in points as a defenceman and just got called up to the flames.

One thing that pisses me off is the shit curves they give you to pick from.

I get thet shot tendency with loft of the face, but the fact that 90 flex (a non-retail flex) is the best at everything still pisses me off. As if an NHL pro can only choose one type of curve and flex to suit a certain shot.

I bet the Be A Pro mode was originally made for NBA or Madden 09, then half-assed into NHL09. What all can you negotiate in contract deals?

Wow, with XBL down I was reading the forums. There's SO MUCH drama involved in EASHL. My team fluctuates between division one and two, and most of the top 50 or so teams back out of playing us. It's pretty funny to hear all these guys play ranked games against each other, pull goalies, and then just score like 10 goals a piece, but finish tied so their +/- stays at the same number.

Its broken, and all of the top teams just cheat. My team beat air force one 7-0 the other night just by blocking their stupid sweep shot and playing normal hockey.

Its broken, and all of the top teams just cheat. My team beat air force one 7-0 the other night just by blocking their stupid sweep shot and playing normal hockey.

I frikkin HATE Air Force One.

Damn, it would appear I have to play the whole season and not sim any of it. Went and simmed it to see what would happen and I ended up back in the A after a couple weeks. Despite leading them in scoring, could never get off the 3rd line there. Only two contract offers for one year, but at least one of them was with the Blackhawks. The moves that I caught on the tracker are getting more retarded. In year two, Zubov was signed as a FA in late November. Toskala ended up being in the minors for good it seemed.

Last night I was playing BAP and we (the Kings) played the Oilers. I beat them 6-0 and I had a goal and 5 assists. The next game, we play Atlanta and lose 4-2. I was on the ice for all 4 goals against (1 was an EN goal) but I had a goal and assist in the loss.

The next thing I know, I get a message from the coach telling me "To be on the first line of the Los Angeles Kings means you're the go-to guys. You can't get by on your positioning alone, especially when you have lackluster numbers to go along with it. I'm moving you back to the second line."

The best part is that I lead the team (and league) in scoring with 56 goals, 33 assists and a +48 in 39 games played.

Last night I was playing BAP and we (the Kings) played the Oilers. I beat them 6-0 and I had a goal and 5 assists. The next game, we play Atlanta and lose 4-2. I was on the ice for all 4 goals against (1 was an EN goal) but I had a goal and assist in the loss.

The next thing I know, I get a message from the coach telling me "To be on the first line of the Los Angeles Kings means you're the go-to guys. You can't get by on your positioning alone, especially when you have lackluster numbers to go along with it. I'm moving you back to the second line."

The best part is that I lead the team (and league) in scoring with 56 goals, 33 assists and a +48 in 39 games played.

same thing happened to me, I was leading the Coyotes in scoring and was 4th in the league even though I had played 20 less games than everyone else getting promoted to the NHL... had one game without scoring and was rated B+ and I got the same message from the GM... I don't really care what line I play on, but it takes away from the reality of it all...

Has anyone got traded yet? kinda tired of Edmonton(on 2 of 3 year deal)

I have been just now actually..

I finished my year with Norfolk with 109 points, only got 2 offers one from Tampa and one from Pittsburgh both worth 1.9 million one way.. so then 2 weeks into the season with Wilkes-Barrie i got traded to Toronto... probably the last team i'd want to be traded to.

Edit: I was just released to Waivers from Toronto, and picked up by Atlanta, oh my god will i ever stay put?

Has anyone got traded yet? kinda tired of Edmonton(on 2 of 3 year deal)

I have been just now actually..

I finished my year with Norfolk with 109 points, only got 2 offers one from Tampa and one from Pittsburgh both worth 1.9 million one way.. so then 2 weeks into the season with Wilkes-Barrie i got traded to Toronto... probably the last team i'd want to be traded to.

Edit: I was just released to Waivers from Toronto, and picked up by Atlanta, oh my god will i ever stay put?

Good god damn you're a suitcase. That's cool though, it's good to hear about movement. After relentless simming again today I realised there's no way you can get released from a team's system. Every other game it seemed like the coach had to have a word with me (in the minors of course) but I continually led the team in scoring, even if I never left the 3rd line. Best part was the names that show up in the later sims. Sandy Crosby? Come on! </Gob>

I haven't been on in a while and I'm at work so I can't sift through all these posts, but I wanted to relay something strange that happened.

I was playing my BAP mode as the Blue Jackets. LeClaire made a save and then when passing it out, passed it into our own net (not the strange part). Then during the cut scene following the goal, the video shows LeClaire and the opposing players, in the corner, hugging it up and celebrating. He had a big smile on his face and was hugging two Blackhawks players.

I've only seen this once but maybe it's common. I found it hilarious.

Anyone else play BAP as a goalie? I love it, except the camera angles. When guys bring the puck up the wing they go out of the frame and set up the guy in the slot. I don't see the puck til its too late. It seems like I'm chasing a shutout every game until that happens or a guy gets lucky.

Also...anyone looking for a goalie for a PS3 team?

I haven't been on in a while and I'm at work so I can't sift through all these posts, but I wanted to relay something strange that happened.

I was playing my BAP mode as the Blue Jackets. LeClaire made a save and then when passing it out, passed it into our own net (not the strange part). Then during the cut scene following the goal, the video shows LeClaire and the opposing players, in the corner, hugging it up and celebrating. He had a big smile on his face and was hugging two Blackhawks players.

I've only seen this once but maybe it's common. I found it hilarious.

yeah I have seen it online and in BAP... whenever someone puts the puck in their own net, either skater or goalie, the cut scene shows then celebrating with the other team! it does make for a good laugh...

Anyone else play BAP as a goalie? I love it, except the camera angles. When guys bring the puck up the wing they go out of the frame and set up the guy in the slot. I don't see the puck til its too late. It seems like I'm chasing a shutout every game until that happens or a guy gets lucky.

Also...anyone looking for a goalie for a PS3 team?

I just started one. Let in 3 goals my first game for a 2-3 loss on super-easy.

Pretty darn fun though!

Edit:

Ok, this goalie mode is starting to piss me off. I've been scored on 3 times now where the puck was just sitting there or a soft rebound sat in front of me while the opposition just tapped it in. Autosave will make you butterfly and use the hands, but it makes you stop your side motion, killing your chance to save a one-timer. There is no easy was to go get a loose puck, poke around the corner of the net, "clear" your crease of pests.

They should have made the suggested position better, either a spot or the arrow head ending in your depth instead of the goal mouth. I've been too far left/right since I can't see the angle very well at all a few times, as well as too deep in the crease or too far out a few times. The camera definitely needs to follow side to side to let you see your angle better and watch the play in the corners a lot better. I can car less what's going on toward the left when the play is on the right side goal line.

I went up to Pro and I'm getting lit up 3 goals per game, all from the problems above.

Yeah, just released here yesterday, the EXACT day my 360 gets RROD! Time to ship it for repairs...

buy the game and just do the towel trick until the xbox gets totally efed up.. then send it to get repaired

what's the towel trick?