Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 09

Could someone post a combined listing of all the different moves that can be performed with the skill stick? I just got the game and am garbage so far.

Could someone post a combined listing of all the different moves that can be performed with the skill stick? I just got the game and am garbage so far.

Go into practice, go at it. Hold LT for spins, LB for off-puck dekes, just play around.

I hope the next iteration has better practice or learn-to-play (hockey camp!). Especially for goalies.

That video shows pretty much all of the one-on-one dekes you can do with the LB and the left + right sticks. Some pretty nifty moves in there. The video is for NHL 08 but I'd imagine most of those one-on-one moves got carried over to NHL 09, but I'm not 100% sure. The skill stick by itself is pretty basic. Move it right or left to bring the puck off to your side. When you have it off to one side, roll it down to do a toe drag on your forehand or pull it back further on your backhand. Roll it forward to do a wrist shot.

For 360 EASHL guys. I've found the biggest idiot in the entire league(and that's tough).

Dr Dangles 1261 goals 391 assists 339 games. Nothing but curve shots the entire game. Whole team were just trying to glitch the whole time.

Then, when we beat pure domination for the second time in two days, they pretty much threw every insult they could at us.

Come up the wing, hold over on the right stick, then toe drag snapshot real quick. It goes in at least 80% of the time.

The update fixed that one but I think going five hole at the side of the net is the new cheese goal.

The update is out? I played today and nothing was downloaded.

So I played a quick match today. I'm not familiar with online very much, I don't generally like online for reasons like this-

I was on the Sens with another guy, we both locked positions. Our opponent was a guy on the 100th anniversary Canadiens. He was taking slappers from above the circles to score, totally out playing us in speed, shooting, hitting, etc. He kept taking penalties and that was about the only time he wasn't rocking us bad.

He also liked watching the FULL replay of all the goals, but allowed us to skip all other cut scenes.

Are the classic Habs a trump team, or did he somehow set the game up to give himself an advantage?

Gotta ask you guys, how do you freakin score on a breakaway? I've scored on maybe 1 outta 50 breakaways I've ever had, and that was a fluke goal that trickled in.

The Centennial Habs team is the best team in the game by far. Since they're all 'legendary' players, their player ratings are all really high. Closest team to them in rating is probably the Canadian national team.

Gotta ask you guys, how do you freakin score on a breakaway? I've scored on maybe 1 outta 50 breakaways I've ever had, and that was a fluke goal that trickled in.

Since most goalies are left-handed catch I made my guy left handed. Backhand-forehand-backhand seems to work 90% of the time for me. Or toe drag right outside the top of the crease while coming in from the left.

Same. Usually in shootouts whenever I get a RH player, I just do forehand to backhand and it's worked probably 8/10 times so far. Might have some luck in the breakaways :P

Since most goalies are left-handed catch I made my guy left handed. Backhand-forehand-backhand seems to work 90% of the time for me. Or toe drag right outside the top of the crease while coming in from the left.

triple deke...glove side... gunner stahl style :D

what I often find to work is to swing outside and come across the front of the net. if you can time your dekes right you can get the goalie down and put it top shelf.

I'm pretty decent at the game (I'm 8-1 in my season on All-Star right now with the Kings) but I rarely ever score on breakaways against the CPU or online.....I usually go to the backhand but I get stuffed.

I just don't seem to get that many, but I score on most that I get. RH, I come on the RW side and go FH, BH, roof it FH. Simple, but I find that if I try and get flashy I stuff myself.

For 360 EASHL guys. I've found the biggest idiot in the entire league(and that's tough).

Dr Dangles 1261 goals 391 assists 339 games. Nothing but curve shots the entire game. Whole team were just trying to glitch the whole time.

Then, when we beat pure domination for the second time in two days, they pretty much threw every insult they could at us.

i play for that team lol and dangles hasnt stat boost once. 339 games is the same amount of league games we have played, what team were you?

b9

I'm not saying he stat boosts, he just has one shot, and if you take it away from him he's very bad at the game. We beat you guys 'cause the guys we had playing all know how to shut down glitch goals.

My team has too many friends on it, so we can't boot anyone, so while the 4-5 of us that are really good are at work/school we have the -50 guys losing 4-5 games at a clip.