Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 09

i usually play shootouts lately. Even then youve got the cheap shots, but less quiters. The number of people who i have played versus games against lately who exploit moves and goals is just getting ridiculous.

I'm having problems getting to play online games. Every time I go to try it tells me i need to update the rosters so I click yes but then after a couple minutes it says I cannot connect to the EA servers. Anyone know how to fix this?

I had the problem on NHL 08, make sure you're not running any programs on your computer or downloading demos on LIVE. If neither of things apply I don't know what to tell you. :angry:

hmmm, lots of quitters today. and i got rocked in a game like 8-0. dang. oh well. still fun, except for i found a new group of people today that seem to like to pause the game when they have the puck in the offensive zone. so i sit for like 15-20 seconds waiting, then they unpause and take a shot or make a move. But i did get a 6 game win streak. i hate and love this game.

hmmm, lots of quitters today. and i got rocked in a game like 8-0. dang. oh well. still fun, except for i found a new group of people today that seem to like to pause the game when they have the puck in the offensive zone. so i sit for like 15-20 seconds waiting, then they unpause and take a shot or make a move. But i did get a 6 game win streak. i hate and love this game.

That sums it up for me as well.

BTW, I have run into those Offensive zone pausers as well. I don't get how people could actually enjoy cheating at a video game online. It doesn't make sense to me. I played against a guy tonight who just kept going for wraparounds every chance he got. He basically took no regular shots at all - just wraparounds. Then, we went into a shootout tied at 2 and he scored 2 goals to win the shootout using the exact same move both times - times like that I wish I could physically punch some of these assholes square in the face.

Anyone else have to enter the third jersey code all the time. My ps3 forgets it all the time, I almost have the stupid thing memorized. I put it in, it stays for a few days, then boom back not having alternates. ideas?

Yeah, I have to re-enter mine in quite often on PS3. Not everytime...but like every 2 or 3 times I play. Pretty annoying

Once you download the latest roster update (actually, there are two) you don't have to enter the code at all anymore.

The first update after the code was released does this. There has been another one since then that added Sundin to the Canucks and Karl Alzner to the Capitals. I haven't downloaded this one yet though because I did way too many roster moves already (NHL<->AHL and sending people from Free Agents to their appropriate European league teams) to make it worth it. Besides, I just moved Sundin over from the Sweden national team, and Alzner wouldn't be on the Capitals in my game anyway since he's only called up due to injury. Eventually I'll download it though.

My new favorite in online play are the guys who have a buddy or two playing along with them and one of them interferes with you (the single player) or sets a pick while the other has the puck and you are trying to defend against them. Real classy.

Once you download the latest roster update (actually, there are two) you don't have to enter the code at all anymore.

The first update after the code was released does this. There has been another one since then that added Sundin to the Canucks and Karl Alzner to the Capitals. I haven't downloaded this one yet though because I did way too many roster moves already (NHL<->AHL and sending people from Free Agents to their appropriate European league teams) to make it worth it. Besides, I just moved Sundin over from the Sweden national team, and Alzner wouldn't be on the Capitals in my game anyway since he's only called up due to injury. Eventually I'll download it though.

I wonder if it fixes the Halpern on two lines issue for the Lightning. hmm

I wonder if it fixes the Halpern on two lines issue for the Lightning. hmm

I downloaded the new roster this evening. (Alzner is an 81 overall!)

I would answer that for you except that I fixed the Lundin/Heward problem (Lundin is on TB still in the new update, Heward is on Norfolk AHL), so the rosters may have been fixed automatically as a result. Sorry.

crap. As angry as this game makes me, I'm really craving playing right now. It's been a couple days where I hadn't missed it until right now. But I'm at work for another 4 hours. Anyone wanna play around 4pm est or later on 360 I'll be on...

Anyone wana play? Just got xbox live. Gamertag is Frozen4

I recommend playing with him. Good guy, and most importantly, doesn't quit :P.

WTH is going on with this game, I started playing like 3 days ago and took my losses like a man and now that i get A hang of things and start to score, guys start losing connections.... Are guys penalized for leaving early? do I get a win for not losing my connection? WTH?

You know what's really pissing me off lately with this game is how inaccurate they seem to have made people on one-timers. With the last patch they said they made it harder to hit inside the post, but I find aiming for the post normally means missing the net by 3 feet. It's so irritating to set up a play, pass it to a guy on the other side of the crease from behind the net, and have him miss the net by 2 feet. Guys like Selanne and Sundin are not gonna miss that. It's so irritating because it happens way too often.

I think they just generally made the players a little too inaccurate. I can't even tell you how many times lately I've had a prime chance, and had the guy miss the net completely. It's ridiculous.

You know what's really pissing me off lately with this game is how inaccurate they seem to have made people on one-timers. With the last patch they said they made it harder to hit inside the post, but I find aiming for the post normally means missing the net by 3 feet. It's so irritating to set up a play, pass it to a guy on the other side of the crease from behind the net, and have him miss the net by 2 feet. Guys like Selanne and Sundin are not gonna miss that. It's so irritating because it happens way too often.

I think they just generally made the players a little too inaccurate. I can't even tell you how many times lately I've had a prime chance, and had the guy miss the net completely. It's ridiculous.

I completely agree..I've had players stand right in front of the goalie and receive the one-timer pass and they still shoot wide! It happens often too,..I don't think anyone at the NHL level would miss.