Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

2008-09 Gear Sightings

They are indeed McCarty's. Look at pic 9 in the link provided.

out of interest, from picture 9 how do you know they are mccarty's? in the pic they are both wearing a pair. altho i noticed quite a few pics showing players wearing them. maybe freebies from warrior to try convert a few players? or maybe nik forgot his gloves/is waiting on a new pair, so is borrowing mccarty's spares.

08/09! i was about to ask for a new thread when i posted last night, but i knew you guys would be on it!

ozzie is wearing a pair of jimmy howards PII's in those pics as well.

Page 6...Rymmer's bro shooting on Osgood.

Good to see Steve back in the area. Hope he found time to head over to Kazoo. Interesting/odd to see Ozzy in RBK's

08/09! i was about to ask for a new thread when i posted last night, but i knew you guys would be on it!

ozzie is wearing a pair of jimmy howards PII's in those pics as well.

I'm pretty sure that they're Howie's PS2's as well. Osgood spent the vast majority of last season breaking in a pair of Itech RX9's, and as he's an Itech endorsee who hates breaking in new stuff, I'd imagine that he'll find his way back into those RX9's by the time the season starts.

He always tries new gear during training camp, however--last season he was in an all-Tufftek set of Eagle pads and gloves.

The Wings have gone so far as to add a Warrior ad on their home page...

Warrior.jpg

But Lidstrom's got a decent deal with Easton going, so I'd imagine that those Warrior mitts aren't going to last.

MLive link

From today's Wings MLive blog:

"Players try out new gear before the season begins, sometimes out of curiosity, and sometimes due to sales pitches, so these pictures are like candy to equipment nuts.

Here are the highlights thereof, for those who are interested: Chris Osgood tried out an all-Tufftek-faced set of Eagle pads (Tufftek is a polyurethane-coated polyester, knit material that gets "dirty" with puck marks, but reduces rebounds), and Guralnick's gallery reveals that Osgood, an Itech endorsee, is trying out a pair of Reebok Premier II pads (his personal goalie coach, Stan Matwijiw, is attending practice as well). Osgood spent the vast majority of last season breaking in a pair of Itech RX-9 pads, however, and the man who hates "new gear" tends to use last year's practice pads as his go-to gear during the following season.

Nicklas Lidstrom, who's an Easton endorsee, might be making the gents in California cringe as he's sporting a pair of Warrior gloves, but there are inroads to be had for Easton as both Darren McCarty and Tomas Kopecky are using Stealth S17 sticks, and it looks like Kris Draper is using a stick that's at least painted as Warrior Dolomite Spyne."

out of interest, from picture 9 how do you know they are mccarty's? in the pic they are both wearing a pair. altho i noticed quite a few pics showing players wearing them. maybe freebies from warrior to try convert a few players? or maybe nik forgot his gloves/is waiting on a new pair, so is borrowing mccarty's spares.

Read the cuff. McCarty is embroidered.

MLive link

"Players try out new gear before the season begins, sometimes out of curiosity, and sometimes due to sales pitches, so these pictures are like candy to equipment nuts.

Here are the highlights thereof, for those who are interested: Chris Osgood tried out an all-Tufftek-faced set of Eagle pads (Tufftek is a polyurethane-coated polyester, knit material that gets "dirty" with puck marks, but reduces rebounds), and Guralnick's gallery reveals that Osgood, an Itech endorsee, is trying out a pair of Reebok Premier II pads (his personal goalie coach, Stan Matwijiw, is attending practice as well). Osgood spent the vast majority of last season breaking in a pair of Itech RX-9 pads, however, and the man who hates "new gear" tends to use last year's practice pads as his go-to gear during the following season.

Nicklas Lidstrom, who's an Easton endorsee, might be making the gents in California cringe as he's sporting a pair of Warrior gloves, but there are inroads to be had for Easton as both Darren McCarty and Tomas Kopecky are using Stealth S17 sticks, and it looks like Kris Draper is using a stick that's at least painted as Warrior Dolomite Spyne."

The guy who posted above you was who wrote that article.

Staal (Eric) with a red ONE95 stick, team colors or something different?

My guess is that its special for him. At the same time i'm more intrigued by jordan using a one95, since he used an easton s17 for the last part of the season

MLive link

The guy who posted above you was who wrote that article.

These are all lies...it was my evil twin... :P

Also, if you look at the wallpaper-sized image of the Staal brothers, you'll see that Eric's got a One95. It looks like Jordan's stick has "E. Staal" stamped on it as well.

My guess is that its special for him. At the same time i'm more intrigued by jordan using a one95, since he used an easton s17 for the last part of the season

and eric used custom synergy ST's

Read the cuff. McCarty is embroidered.

Nope, they say Lidstrom on them. Time will tell if he keeps them. :rolleyes:

It could simply be their way of trying to persuade him to go Warrior. Even if he likes them it dosent mean that he wont still wear them but just brand them Easton like so many others do with other products in the NHL.

ID