Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

2008-09 Gear Sightings

At training camp...they probably dont have a choice. I bet they just have a set amount of RBK stuff lying around and basically issue it out to rookies...then collect it back up and save it for next year or sell it at the sale. It was like last year when David P. was wearing RBK (pants gloves helmet) in training camp.

I know the picture youre talking about, might be possible the guy flew in....sticks didnt make it, got whatever was closest to his curve (or might actually be the curve he uses).

Zach

http://www.redwingscentral.com/camps/2008-...s/Sept13/13.jpg

I guess RBK isn't required. Doesn't the AHL have Reebok contracts though?

Some of those guys have the new gloves with the unboxed Reebok vector logo, all have older helmets. None have the 808, just 10k, 7k, 9k, XXXX, ST, One90

At training camp...they probably dont have a choice. I bet they just have a set amount of RBK stuff lying around and basically issue it out to rookies...then collect it back up and save it for next year or sell it at the sale. It was like last year when David P. was wearing RBK (pants gloves helmet) in training camp.

I know the picture youre talking about, might be possible the guy flew in....sticks didnt make it, got whatever was closest to his curve (or might actually be the curve he uses).

Zach

Some of those guys have the new gloves with the unboxed Reebok vector logo, all have older helmets. None have the 808, just 10k, 7k, 9k, XXXX, ST, One90

Abdelkader played some games with the Wings last yr.

Is Fraz coaching with the Wings this yr? He was down in Orlando this summer, I didn't get to see him. He still helps out with RDV's summer camps.

**EDIT - see he got the Griffins job

Zach

For things like prospect camp, the equipment managers tend to go with what's lying around, and the Wings seemed to receive enough 9K gloves, RBK helmets, and 7K Sickkick sticks last year to equip three or four NHL teams, so that's what's overflowing from the equipment room. The Wings' big club is usually more Easton/Warrior/NikeBauer-oriented, but the kids get the leftovers, and the leftovers are Reebok gear.

There are also a bunch of kids who are headed to Grand Rapids on that roster in Cory Emmerton, Jan Mursak, Logan Pyett, Justin Abdelkader (who's still sporting Bauer gear), Mattias Ritola, Jakub Kindl, and Sergei Kolosov, so they won't have much choice as to what gloves or helmets they wear this upcoming season.

Add in the fact that Randy Cameron, Cameron Capek, Travis Ehrhardt, Brian Lashoff, Joey Ryan, Jordan Foreman, Stephen Johnston, Francis Pare, Brent Raedeke, Zack Torquato, and Bryce Swan are all products of Major Junior hockey, which is Reebok-ified to a ridiculous extent, and you've got eighteen out of 20 skaters as players who are very familiar with Reebok gear.

...and the first thing they do when they MAKE an NHL roster is switch out of it. :)

Yup. We had a few guys from the ECHL, and AHL come in this summer asking to trade in leftover RBK. Not big fans at all of the 7ks.

dc56fe5a141cc91cd27df82e81562958.JPG
I haven't been paying much attention, but is Jagr not coming back too the NHL?

wonder if Jagr goes all year with NYR gloves? I know he's pretty picky about equipment.

Wouldn't surprise me, if you look at his history with gloves you'll see he usually rocks the same pair for 3 seasons or so. In Avangard practice he's been wearing a pair of NYR color XXX's that have Tyutin's name on the cuff, I'm curious to see what will be his main pair when those DR's are finally done for.

rather funny

Look at the guy in the background just couldnt help but giggle

..."these last year RBK cups are just too big for me"...

hahaha

"damn whys it itch so much, knew I shouldnt of gone out with that puck bunny"

ROFL

FrozenMoment_091508.jpg

Corey Perry using s17.. maybe old news, but everytime i've seen him, he uses a cnt.

Maybe its repainted or whatever, but everyone seems to think alot of the stick out there are repainted... but then how come they never painted phaneufs stick to an se or something?

but then how come they never painted phaneufs stick to an se or something?

because for some godawful reason he loves that green and they will produce it for him, just like martin st.louis, he used to rock the yellow synergy grip.... not sure if hes still on that or not. when your a big name they go above and beyond for you, becasue if they wont do it the next company will.

%7Boption%7D

Corey Perry using s17.. maybe old news, but everytime i've seen him, he uses a cnt.

Maybe its repainted or whatever, but everyone seems to think alot of the stick out there are repainted... but then how come they never painted phaneufs stick to an se or something?

Perry uses the 05' stealth which has been repainted as the CNT. I believe that's just a repaint.

they go above and beyond for you, becasue if they wont do it the next company will.

just wish some companies would see us average joes and our potential spending money in the same way

nike bauer did to a certain extent with the id program. i bought into it not becasue of the colors, but becasue of the grip options and i could get a p91 instead of a p91a, and i think its cool that you can change the color and the nameplate so i justified the extra 20 or 30 dollars per stick. there was rumors that easton is doing a program where you can change the red or blue of an s17 to a vairety of colors. i have yet to see it unless im really out of the loop, but i can promise you that easton wont send you custom sticks that look like the green st, or anything you could dream of like that, the price would be obnoxious to make it worth it to them.

thats what i mean, the amount that they would charge you to make a green st or whatever it may be would be so overpriced that you could buy a barrel of current year sticks. they would have to change the paint and the logos and all of that just to make one stick or how ever many you may want. which would take time away from making the current year sticks which would make their effiecency go down. the only reason they do it for phaneuf and st.louis is becasue they are who they are, and like i said before. if easton didnt want to im sure nbh or ccm or whoever it may be would be willing and easton would loose a big face, your a hockey player, so you understand that some of us can be very picky. and when your as good as phaneuf and st.louis you can be as picky as youd like.

Phaneuf with an SE

The one in the picture, im pretty sure, is an actual se.

Aparently, Easton won't make him the green st's anymore. A friend of mine close to phaneuf said that he's been trying out every companies sticks this whole summer, and can't find one that he likes.

Aparently, Easton won't make him the green st's anymore. A friend of mine close to phaneuf said that he's been trying out every companies sticks this whole summer, and can't find one that he likes.

sounds like the brooklynite almighty may make its first nhl appearance....

FrozenMoment_091208.jpg

Phaneuf with an SE

geez, look at the balls on that guy.