Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

2008-09 Gear Sightings

You'd think with Joe's personality he'd have adverts and threads and banners up promoting NHL use. Took a peek at his site, not a word, so I'd call BS. Why would it go to Edmonton, besides? You'd think NYR or NYI would be the first targets.

JR, the NHL isn't cracking down on lisencing for practices is it? I thought it was $50k per player category and something smaller per goalie.

RiseOnFire- There's a company based out of Brooklyn that is trying to become an upstart name in hockey. He was mentioned here, saw increased internet traffic, then came in defending and getting ultimately pissed that people thought he was destined for failure (as most start-up no name companies are) and his purple/green and other colored sticks were ugly. Almighty is his #1 stick. He's very devout in that he wants spirituality and a clean image, bashing the Warrior marketing scheme to no end, however his ad that he was trying to run in USA Hockey Magazine had two women modeling his product.

I gave him quite a few suggestions about stepping up the image of the site and the design of the sticks. He was all too enthusiastic to do most of what I suggested. He even said he ordered me sticks to my specifications after I made mention of "my perfect stick", which was very laughable.

He's really gung-ho and enthusiastic with a lot of passion, but tends to go VERY overboard, which is why I highly doubt he has any NHL exposure, especially after he went nuts about liroadrunners reviewing his #2 stick.

Yeah, the price did go up. Couldn't remember what the amount was.

Yes, if you don't pay, you can't use it.

Can't use or can't use without painting over all markings?

Have to paint over it, Salming got away with it for a while though.I believe everything has to be approved for use by the NHL office in Toronto though. Remember the stink over Datsyuk using the 9k?

Have to paint over it, Salming got away with it for a while though.I believe everything has to be approved for use by the NHL office in Toronto though. Remember the stink over Datsyuk using the 9k?

so would Easton have to pay like 25K for the S17 to be used and another 25K for the SE.

$50k per category.

From what I understand, product can be used, but, blackouts are no longer allowed (i.e. spray paint). Items must arrive at a team in an "approved" color (tone-on-tone is permitted).

So for instance a Stomp blocker having a white face with white logo on the blocking surface would be ok? I've seen a Sean Burke set of equipment that had white logos on white, and all the embroidery on the sides was the same- black thread on a black background and wondered if that was the case.

just saw spezza in ottawa using the new se16 stick

I was just going to say TSN reported that he's made the switch this year.

They also mentioned that he (Spezza) has a stash of wood sticks 'just in case' he needs them.