Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolfpack_1986

***OFFICIAL*** Bauer purchasing Mission-Itech

The difference between us and those boards is that we at MSH have excellent working relations with hockey manufacturers' corporate offices and we are viewed by them as an outlet for industry news.

That being said, tomorrow as well as the next couple of weeks shall be very interesting.

I know this is entirely implausible, but if I were to see "bauerMISSION" branding at my LHS, I'd be sick.

too bad it didn't happen a year ago.

NikeBauerMissionItech FuelXXXXXOne95

i always though itech would've been a good move for easton (no goalie equip) before they merged w/mission

can't see what bauer gains by adding m-i as they already make everything

maybe nike isn't going to play nice with tech used by bauer

as for sw/tps maybe add graf in there too!! :ph34r:

maybe we'll be looking at a Bauer-Mission M-1Ninety-five ;)

can't see what bauer gains by adding m-i as they already make everything

Mission is number one in inline hockey

If mission is gone from the market, specially the stick line I will be very unhappy. First my xn10s and now maybe my fuels and Vhexs What a sad sad world.

+1 on that sentiment. I take it you took my advice and checked out a V-Hex? ;)

ya, i forgot bauer inline but seems odd to buy them just for that as you're already one of the top brands 2/3 of the offersheet (ice/goal) covers

they definately need help for inline tho

could they split mission ice & mission roller and just buy the roller portion? i'm thinking not

ya, i forgot bauer inline but seems odd to buy them just for that as you're already one of the top brands 2/3 of the offersheet (ice/goal) covers

they definately need help for inline tho

could they split mission ice & mission roller and just buy the roller portion? i'm thinking not

Bauer doesn't have any market share in visors either and that's another very prominent logo.

TPS better not go away, if I found that out, I am going to buy all the whip flex tps I can find as soon as thats official.

Zach

Break out your piggy bank because it is not looking good for them.

By acquiring Itech, they acquire their visors/shields/cages, as well as their goalie equipment/masks. I see that stuff as being the main attractions. And it means one less competitor for them - if the company was for sale anyway, I'm sure they figured they were better off owning it themselves than if someone else bought it (i.e. CCM/Reebok). And perhaps Mission/Itech was in trouble, and they got a good price.

TPS better not go away, if I found that out, I am going to buy all the whip flex tps I can find as soon as thats official.

Zach

I bought a pair of ppf's yesterday since I figured I would be hard pressed to ge them again in the future for the same reason....well, that explains why the pro guy never responded to the shops emails and calls for custom sticks for me. LAME! Time to scoop up ALL of the whip flex r8's and adrenalines I can get my little greedy hands on.

Zach

Zach

I bought a pair of ppf's yesterday since I figured I would be hard pressed to ge them again in the future for the same reason....well, that explains why the pro guy never responded to the shops emails and calls for custom sticks for me. LAME! Time to scoop up ALL of the whip flex r8's and adrenalines I can get my little greedy hands on.

Zach

What's up with Eagle that you could never get PPF gloves again?