Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolfpack_1986

***OFFICIAL*** Bauer purchasing Mission-Itech

I'll be bummed when I get my promo Fuel TI... as it could be my last new Mission product. If scouring eBay for other stuff is as tedious as getting a pair of M-1's, it should be fun.

Just ask it in the right thread and it will be addressed. What is your question?

The same old question, about the flexlites and the vapors, if they fit the same in lenght, if a 8.5 flexlite is the same as a vapor 8.5. I don't have a good LHS here, so i don't have other option than ordering online. You can imagine I don't want to buy an expensive pair of skates that wouldn't fit right.

I need to start on the PITCH horde. Need to find out what KOR is going to do as well.

As far as I can tell, KOR is out of business. A few guys on my team were in direct contact w/ them a few weeks ago. KOR gave us the option of free Shift 2 skates, sent a few pairs, and now their website is down, their phone numbers are out of service and nobody seems to be able to get ahold of them.

I need to start on the PITCH horde. Need to find out what KOR is going to do as well.

As far as I can tell, KOR is out of business. A few guys on my team were in direct contact w/ them a few weeks ago. KOR gave us the option of free Shift 2 skates, sent a few pairs, and now their website is down, their phone numbers are out of service and nobody seems to be able to get ahold of them.

That would suck if true. I love my Shift 2's.

I sent Eduardo an email today and it got returned as not being a valid email address. He could have left the company though.

The worst part about this for the consumer is less competition on price/performance. I love the Fuel AG skates, so hopefully someone comes up with something similar.

Hardly, the market is losing a skate line that wasn't really competing in the first place.

The supplefit concept was something that no other manufacturer offered, it's a shame they bastardized it and didn't promote it properly. They were on the right track with the way they promoted the S series skate, people were willing to try new technology.

Hardly, the market is losing a skate line that wasn't really competing in the first place.

Less manufacturers in any industry means less competition on price. Don't know how you can't see that.

The supplefit concept was something that no other manufacturer offered, it's a shame they bastardized it and didn't promote it properly. They were on the right track with the way they promoted the S series skate, people were willing to try new technology.

loved the fit of the S series, but i wouldnt step in front of a pass wearing them. plus the stiching issue is really annoying. great product, but some glitches. i skate in the 110XPs now, and i find it much more solid.

All i am hoping for is two things:

1) a line of skates that continues the AGX concepts.

lower lacing height

great heel lock

snug fit

no boot slop

anatomical fit

soft, very padded, comfortable ankle pockets

stiffeners and lateral support below the ankle

2) keep the Titanium stick.

I totally agree, and let's not forget just about the best blades (steel) on the market. I hate to knock Bauer as they have around since the beginning of time, but I know 4 people last year alone who had to purchase a pair of new blades because one the blades in their 0ne90's broke. And that's just the ones I know about. One guy almost broke his wrist as he fell HARD when he started to stride and his foot went our from underneath him because the blade was broke in 2. Anybody else here of anything like that happening?

just heard from a rep that SWD is buying TPS.

Seems like this thing won't die.

rumours from most reps is like reading yesterdays newspaper. Trust me when I say, Your on the ModSquad so your already 2 steps in front of most reps.

Who does the guy rep for? If there's one thing most reps LOVE to do, it's talk about other guys' lines.

Nobody's going to buy TPS until their debt is greatly reduced.

Who does the guy rep for? If there's one thing most reps LOVE to do, it's talk about other guys' lines.

Nobody's going to buy TPS until their debt is greatly reduced.

Not the case there.

It's a shame to see Itech/Mission getting bought out by Bauer. Although it makes more room for Bauer in a competative market it takes away a competator, in turn ,the iniative for other manufacturers to technologically improve their product to hold or improve their position in the market share. I always thought Mission came up with some great ideas and original thought for skate improvement and provided quality equipment for a reasonable price. Itech equipment was also improving as well and provided affordable equipment for young families with younger hockey players. Hopefully this won't make it too difficult for those families in the lower income brackets to provide decent equipment for their youngsters who play the game.

I admit I have no idea how this merger (or even NBH going private) will ultimately evolve for the companies or the industry, because my input is purely from a social level, but all I'll say is it seems that Bauer Hockey is in good hands. It turns out Gouche became friends with their Chairman at a tour with ex-NHLers in Helsinki, so we spent the past two nights cocktailing with the the man. He seems like a genuinely nice guy who has a great sense of humor. And he's a hockey guy. He grew up in Montreal playing hockey (I don't know how long he played), while his brother played goalie.

I didn't ask him why he purchased Mission-Itech because, frankly, it just wasn't relevant to the conversation, but he said one thing to someone that made me think he made the purchase for the entry into the NHL goalie market.

Again, I have no idea how he is in a business setting, but for a man that has become that successful financially, he seemed very egalitarian. He would meet people and exchange business cards, and appeared to truly mean it when he said, "We've go to talk." It seemed like he was saying, "Let's see if there could be any synergy between us doing business together."

Part of this thread has been questioning what the effect will be on the employees, which is a particularly valid question to those who might not have survived the merger. But for those who survived, I think they will be pleasantly surprised with the new man at the helm.

Does anyone know what will become of Mission's roller division? They sponsor so many Narch teams - it would be crazy to have the Mission name gone altogether.