Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

numberthirteen

New Era 59FIFTYs

I picked up a 59/50 around Halloween, took the stickers off and curved the brim. People at Foot Locker looked at me as if I was crazy.

Yeah me too. I also ripped the webbing out of the front of mine and 'popped' the headband to make it a bit bigger...my hat went from brand new to looking 10 years old in about 2 days.

I picked up a 59/50 around Halloween, took the stickers off and curved the brim. People at Foot Locker looked at me as if I was crazy.

That is just plain insanity. :lol:

Anyways I have 2 Mets ones, normal game hats none of those crazy neon ones.

I have a alright collection i have, they are in game hats:

Yankees x2

Phillies

Cubs

Giants

Tigers

hopefully i will be a few more for christmas

You don't know how hard it is for me to not rip those stupid hats off my bother's head, tear off the sticker and bend the brim! It irks me just to look at the damn things...

Love me some hats

All 5950

A's x10

SD Pads

DC Nats

Cinci

KC

Det

LA

Pit

Famous stars

DC shoes x4

Thats all I can think of right now.

I don't collect any of the goofy "fashion" ones, but my brother did get me a Joker and Batman version. Other than that, it's just the standard collection. None of them have the new bill, which may be the worst thing ever put on a hat.

All I have is a Rays World series hat, they wanted $65 for them at the game! Fuck that, bought mine at the mall inbetween games 1 & 2 for half the price. Comfortable hat but I hate the straight bill, I'll take the old school hats any day.

None of them have the new bill, which may be the worst thing ever put on a hat.

There really isnt a new bill. its the same shape its always been just now they're kept pristine and flat. The hats have come flat ( for shipping and customizing purposes ) as long as I can remember. I worked in a hat store for 5 years and i've been wearing 59/50s for longer. Most stores used to just bend them or let customers bend them when they tried them on. Doesn't really happen that way anymore ...you bend you buy...as there is a market for them being flat... and you can just bend them anyway. I buy gangsta style MLB 59/50s and bend them up and shrink them down to my head...unless theyre the new ones made in china that are polyester..not as shrinkable and formable as the 100% wool ones and really just not as nice. All the new era hats made in Derby, NY are wool. all the polyester/wool blends ones are from overseas (im pretty sure)

That being said, my collection isnt nearly as big as it used to be.

Pirates regular black/yellow logo

pirates black 'pillbox' style hat with yellow piping and yellow logo

custom red pirates with grey logo

black on black pirates

SF Giants

White sox

white sox black/black

white sox black with white cityscape outline and small sox log in bottom corner

phillies nylon black with black logo

houston astros black /brick red star

blue jays back to back championship retro hat ( kept flat with stickers but never worn )

All I have is a Rays World series hat, they wanted $65 for them at the game! Fuck that, bought mine at the mall inbetween games 1 & 2 for half the price. Comfortable hat but I hate the straight bill, I'll take the old school hats any day.

takes a little bit of effort to work them in, but its more or less the same cap. they did away with the low profile ones ( doesnt matter, you can shrink em ), and the fronts are a bit stiffer but the brims themselves are a pretty close shape.

also, let it be known that I gave up on baseball a long time ago. Technically, I am a Blue Jays fan. But their hats are gross ( except the recent black with the gray and blue J on the front ) the pirates, white sox, phillies and giants all have classic timeless logos. I love the yankees hat but i could never wear a yankees hat or own anything from the yankees.

Still have an unopened case of KC and a partial case of St. Louis wool 59/50's

and... are they nice and flat in the box? :)

I curve no brim before their time. Just got some unscented mothballs in there for now.

Still have an unopened case of KC and a partial case of St. Louis wool 59/50's

and... are they nice and flat in the box? :)

I curve no brim before their time. Just got some unscented mothballs in there for now.

niiiice. same here. I buy them... and then if I decide i am gonna wear it i spend a bit of time making it look good.

Fortunately the nice part about being in Dallas is that I can take them to a western store and have their haberdasher put a permanent curve in the brim with their steamer and heat shaper.

Fortunately the nice part about being in Dallas is that I can take them to a western store and have their haberdasher put a permanent curve in the brim with their steamer and heat shaper.

Western stores down there must be like Tim Hortons up here. One on every corner....Or am I just adding to the Western stereotype?

Pirates 2006 AllStar game: Black

Los Angeles Dodgers

"Big Black" cap: black and gold (from Rob and Big)

Blue Jays Stars and Stripes

Red Sox: Game Cap

Red Sox: St. Patrick's Day Cap

Red Sox x3 "fashion"

There really isnt a new bill.

Yes there is. Check out a hat from a couple years ago to the recent ones. The new ones wick moisture away or some crap, but they don't retain a curve for crap.

There really isnt a new bill.

Yes there is. Check out a hat from a couple years ago to the recent ones. The new ones wick moisture away or some crap, but they don't retain a curve for crap.

The giveaway on that was the change from a Gray underside to Black I believe too.