Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The "Holy Crap, Did You See That Goal?" Thread

Jagr is the reason the caps went into rebuild mode. He was the cancer that forced them to blow it up and start all over again.

His deal, and the deals that followed in 2004 (bondra, lang, gonchar, nylander, carter, grier) were what led the caps to be in the lottery spot (which they won), and get the parts to put in place the team they have now.

Bondra became Brooks Laich

Lang became Flash and the pick that turned into green

Gonchar became Morissonn and the pick that was Schultz

Carter went for Aulin (I think?)

Grier went for a 2nd rounder which turned into Bouchard

If Jagr was still in DC, ovechkin wouldn't be.

I know, but I was just saying imagine if he was with the salary cap a side...i was talking in a more fictional sense than a literal cause the salary cap and the things that followed with Jagr...two disgusting wingers like that would be pretty nuts

"All-star teams fail because they rely solely on the individual's talent." Jagr didn't try in DC and wouldn't try. He probably would've made Ovie worse and taught him a poor work ethic.

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=200...51&fr=false

2:46 into the clip.

On a side note.. the caps need to calm down a bit.. 5-1... feds goal they all jump on him and fall over... come on guys. Save the excitement for when it matters.

I think we're having that discussion already somewhere else *L*

haha i know, but i posted here after i saw the video and didnt feel like going to the other thread.

ummm...they were probably just celebrating the highlight goal...not the fact that it was 5-1. If I ever scored from my knees from the middle of the circle, I would probably celebrate like that...even if we were losing 10-1

ummm...they were probably just celebrating the highlight goal...not the fact that it was 5-1. If I ever scored from my knees from the middle of the circle, I would probably celebrate like that...even if we were losing 10-1

Problem is, that's not the goal they were celebrating. It was Fedorov's shot in front of the goal, to make it 5-2 with less than 2 minutes left, not Semins goal

Oh well then, yeah...that's retarded then! haha

They showed them celebrating Semin's goal here on the highlights on TSN. Yeesh <_<

Really loved Comrie's shootout move tonight. Something else for players to consider trying.

check it out on TSN.ca

Shooting it against the goalies leg pad and hop he kicks it in himself?

seen the 1st one many times now. the 2nd one looks like some poor D rather than a great movie. Sure it was nice, but nothing that made me say wow. well, i did, but at was at Dallas' D

Wish I had half the skill of Bobby Ryan. Played with him many times growing up and it's crazy to see how well he's doing right now

Really loved Comrie's shootout move tonight. Something else for players to consider trying.

check it out on TSN.ca

Shooting it against the goalies leg pad and hop he kicks it in himself?

I agree with rise, that was one sick move. Maybe if the goal wasn't against the pens you'd be able to see the sweet side of it Invert?

The other night During the Bolt/Leafs game, St.Louis tried the spin and hit the post. Blake then went in, and faked the spin. i forgot if he scored or not, but its a pretty sweet move. The shootout is quickly gaining a bunch of its own moves and fakes.

Can't believe these two aren't on here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsFAkCQypSU

Both are very nice goals indeed!

For the first one, I was lucky enough to sit behind the goalie (a couple rows up tho) and watch that one go in. And even as kings fans, me and some friends started applauding him because it was so beautiful

I was about 4 rows off the glass in that corner when he pulled that move. My beerleaguer teammate sitting next to me was so impressed he tried that move in our next game. It certainly did not look as smooth or have the same outcome. :P