Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The "Holy Crap, Did You See That Goal?" Thread

Brad Perry works with Robby Glantz. He did that trick when I took a power skating class with them over the summer. He's a really good skater, and a super nice guy too. He took a lot of extra time to pull people aside and give them good advice.

Anyone see William Wallen's goal in the SO tonight (OHL). Can not find a video clip of it yet, but im sure it will be up soon.....

Looks like Ribero's move against Colorado last year.

Marian Hossa catches a puck, drops it, and bats it out of mid-air into the goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ohfu1moDEE

"We like to call that skeeels"

is it just me...or did he get that before it even hit the ground?

that was nasty good...hedman is going to be on top 10's for all the wrong reasons on that one.

Did you watch the clip with the sound off? The announcers get into detail on that point.

Marian Hossa catches a puck, drops it, and bats it out of mid-air into the goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ohfu1moDEE

"We like to call that skeeels"

is it just me...or did he get that before it even hit the ground?

that was nasty good...hedman is going to be on top 10's for all the wrong reasons on that one.

Did you watch the clip with the sound off? The announcers get into detail on that point.

The last replay shows it pretty clearly as well

Is that even legal? You can catch or bat a puck and drop it to the ice to play it...but isn't that more advancing the puck forward with your hand?

Is that even legal? You can catch or bat a puck and drop it to the ice to play it...but isn't that more advancing the puck forward with your hand?

You can advance it to your self, just not to others.

You can advance it to others in your own defensive zone. [i know you know this; I'm just clarifying.]

So, where does the distinction come into the "closing the hand" penalty. In the Hossa play...he catches it up near his shoulder and brings his hand forward to drop it....surely his hand is closed on the puck to make that transfer happen.

Is there any interpretation of the rules where a ref COULD have called that?

Not sure about the NHL, but it's most likely the same as Hockey Canada rules. You are aloud to close your hand on the puck if its it the air, same rules apply after about advancing it forward and to teammates.

So, where does the distinction come into the "closing the hand" penalty. In the Hossa play...he catches it up near his shoulder and brings his hand forward to drop it....surely his hand is closed on the puck to make that transfer happen.

Is there any interpretation of the rules where a ref COULD have called that?

In short, no. You are permitted to catch the puck and drop it. It would have been an issue if he carried the puck for a couple strides or made a move to avoid a defender while carrying the puck, but he caught the puck and immediately dropped it towards the ice.

sorry guys...i did have the sound off...thanks though :D

here are 2 nice shoot out goals.

the video is 1:55 but unfortunately the shoot out is at the end...only vid i could find sorry.

check out Tyler Ellis' goal in the shoot out...wow

Nazem Kadri's was pretty nice too.

shootout starts at about the 1 minute mark.

TSN.CA Junior red white scrimmage shootout and game highlights