Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tooomey

Vapor X:60

I wonder how much demand there is for a skate between the XXV and XXXX? It seems to me the benefits are a stiffer boot and outsole and better liner. I could see them offering a custom XXV skate (for those of us who don't need a very stiff boot), but I'm wondering if a lot of players are needing a skate that is between the XXV and XXXX.

I could see them dropping a lower end line though, no need to have a $60, $90, $135, and $175 skate. Maybe just $75, $125, and $185 skates.

Why even offer the high end skate then? Either the XXXX is too much money or the XXV is too cheap. Seems to me if you get a XXV with a better liner, stiffer boot, and stiffer outsole, that's basically a XXXX.

In comparison, I was thinking One75, Easton S11...maybe even the Vector 08. They seem to be in the price point we are talking.

How can you find pictures of the x60 or if there is any pictures could you post them.

Apparently u didn't read the entire thread.

Geeze, is this a pair of skates or a set of nuclear launch codes we're talking about? They're still going to be a skate and look like a skate regardless of the colors or graphics package. Is there really anything that radical they can do to tweak the look anymore?

One word:

magnets

Trying to make it JR-proof. LOL

Perhaps a new box of crayolas and a sketch pad should be in your future? ;)

The X:50 will be a strong price point north of the border. That is part of the potential for whom Bauer is marketing that skate for.

The X:50 will be a strong price point north of the border. That is part of the potential for whom Bauer is marketing that skate for.

Good point! I suppose the XXV is about $400 and XXXX is $800 up there, or some big gap like that?

Good point! I suppose the XXV is about $400 and XXXX is $800 up there, or some big gap like that?

XXXX is 649.99. The XXV is in that $350-$400 area.

he means in Canada

I paid $270 for mine.

These are a tad more expensive:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/nbh-hockey-ska...por-xxv-sr.html

he means in Canada

I know, XXXX's aren't $800 in Canada.

is the vapor shift the same as the SMU vapor 29's? just curious <_<

If I read correctly somewhere on this forum, the Vapor XXIX (29) is a re-dressed Vapor XXX. So I suppose that the fit is different in the 29 compared to the Shift, which is a SMU based on the newer Vapors for Source for Sports.

I can't really say much regarding other differences, as I'm not very familiar with the 29s/XXXs. The new Vapors do feel quite stiffer than the older set, so maybe Shifts are almost as stiff as the XXXs. I think the outsoles are the same (Texallium- correct me if I'm wrong), and both have clarino liners and LS2 holders.

is the vapor shift the same as the SMU vapor 29's? just curious <_<

If I read correctly somewhere on this forum, the Vapor XXIX (29) is a re-dressed Vapor XXX. So I suppose that the fit is different in the 29 compared to the Shift, which is a SMU based on the newer Vapors for Source for Sports.

I can't really say much regarding other differences, as I'm not very familiar with the 29s/XXXs. The new Vapors do feel quite stiffer than the older set, so maybe Shifts are almost as stiff as the XXXs. I think the outsoles are the same (Texallium- correct me if I'm wrong), and both have clarino liners and LS2 holders.

Not exactly the XXX. It's an XXV with slightly better features.

Not exactly the XXX. It's an XXV with slightly better features.

My LHS told me that it looks like they are going back to something resembling the older style toe cap, which is what is keeping me out of Bauer skates right now. Heard anything about this?

For this season's orders, our Bauer rep gave a few of us the option of getting vapor XXXs dressed as 40s, old non-composite toecap, old XXX fit, tongue etc. A lot of guys, myself included, jumped at it. I wonder if Bauer is listening to the players and realizing maybe the XXXX wasn't a step forward as they may have hoped.

Dig that completely, my only point being that this entirely different skate took the place of the XXX, another individual, seperate particular skate. No clue as to how Bauer's gonna handle this, but if there were a way to offer both (x50 v. x60), that would seem advantageous to business and player. Usually I can't stand this speculation shit, but it would be nice.

For this season's orders, our Bauer rep gave a few of us the option of getting vapor XXXs dressed as 40s, old non-composite toecap, old XXX fit, tongue etc. A lot of guys, myself included, jumped at it. I wonder if Bauer is listening to the players and realizing maybe the XXXX wasn't a step forward as they may have hoped.

I doubt that, because the newer Vapors fit a LOT more people correctly, in comparison. I can imagine them going to something that LOOKS like the old but fitting like the old last is a bad idea.

*edit - Misread while skimming.

Conjecture:

con·jec·ture /kənˈdʒɛktʃər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuhn-jek-cher] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -tured, -tur·ing.

–noun

1. the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.

2. an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation.

3. Obsolete. the interpretation of signs or omens.

–verb (used with object)

4. to conclude or suppose from grounds or evidence insufficient to ensure reliability.

–verb (used without object)

I'll go with 1, 2, and 4.